Upgraded to Cars family suite, what to expect?

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
So I'll be headed to WDW for the princess half marathon weekend in 38 days with my aunt and I just called to make my final payment and it turns out we were upgraded to a Cars family suite (originally this was a solo trip and I booked the little mermaid room). I have never stayed in one of the family suites so I'm not sure what to expect. I just looked at the layouts and some pictures and the room looks awesome and now I'm even more excited for the trip. Can those that have stayed in one of the suites share their experience? I'll be the one sleeping on the couch bed as I'm giving my aunt the bedroom, is the couch bed comfortable? Since I'm doing 2 races that weekend (glass slipper challenge) I'm excited to have the mini kitchen so I can bring some more food to have pre/post race. Does anyone have experience either shipping food to a resort or having food delivered? Since I'm only bringing a carry on I'm limited to what I can bring and I'm thinking about sending some food. Thanks!!

KMJ67

My family and I stayed at the Art of Animation in a Lion King suite last year and loved it so much we are staying there again in a Cars suite this year! We didn't use the pull out bed in the couch, so I can't speak to that, but my son slept on the murphy bed and loved it. This bed may be more comfortable since it doesn't fold up so there are no bars under the mattress. Having two bathrooms (one with a tub and one with a nice stand up shower) is great.

The resort layout is good, and being in the Cars Suite puts you a lot closer to the main building (food court, front dest, bus stop) than the Little Mermaid section would be.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

surfsupdon

I really liked the outside common areas of the Cars section. It was easily the highest themed resort area to be in.

Glad you got an upgrade. I'm stuck at Riverside and offering to pay for an upgrade to a Deluxe and nothing is available. Except presidential suites. Bleh

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
I really liked the outside common areas of the Cars section. It was easily the highest themed resort area to be in.

Glad you got an upgrade. I'm stuck at Riverside and offering to pay for an upgrade to a Deluxe and nothing is available. Except presidential suites. Bleh
We were just at Riverside for Wine and Dine weekend, we had a great corner room in the magnolia bend section and we were right by a bus stop. It was nice for a long weekend and I wasn't in the room much due to the 2 races and I'm sure the Princess half weekend will be the same.

Ariel4711

We stayed in a Nemo suite in December and LOVED it! There were four of us -- my 6 year old daughter, my now-12 year old daughter (her birthday was on Jan 1st), my husband and I.

At first, I was nervous about the murphy bed and sofa bed, but both girls were happy. My oldest is tall for her age -- she is 5'2" -- and she said the sofa bed was very comfortable. Having two bathrooms was great, because it made getting ready in the morning go by much faster than if we had had to share one bathroom. Obviously, we didn't spend much time in the room, but being able to have our own space at the end of the night was also very nice.

Have you tried Garden Grocer? We didn't use them, but I have heard really good reviews about them from friends.

By the way, the Cars suites are on the right side of the main building (check in, food court, shopping, main pool), so you will be in a very good location. Much better than if you had stayed in a Little Mermaid room.

Have fun! :)

Last edited:

patch553

we too got upgraded from little mermaid to cars a year ago and it was awesome we cannot speak highly enough of the section. every part of it is brilliantly themed,the room was spacious and very comfortable,the pool and outside exactly like being in radiator springs and a quick conveiniant walk to the food court and main pool, enjoy

officialtom

Lucky upgrade! We stayed in an AoA Lion King suite for one night two years ago (we ended up in WDW a day early after flying out early to get ahead of a massive snow storm) and it was awesome. The second bathroom is wonderful! And the master bath is gorgeous. The suites are new, clean, comfortable, and very functional. Enjoy!

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
For those of you who were upgraded, @patch553 & @Tinkerbell 8 , did you do online check in?
I noticed well before being able to do online check in that my room type was different on my MDE app, I called to make the final payment as I wanted to confirm the room type and also provide my flight info for DME. The rep confirmed that I was now in the Cars suites instead of the LM room. Since I confirmed and paid in full I have gone back on to do online check in.

EvilQueen-T

We thought the fold down table bed was more comfortable than the pull out sofa bed. You don't have that middle bar feeling. We really liked the cars area. It was so well themed walking around outside you felt like you were in the movie.

Tom P.

We stayed in a Cars Family Suite in October. It was fantastic. Others have covered most of this, but the theming of the resort in general, and the Cars wing in particular, is outstanding. The Cars buildings are very conveniently located, and it will take you only a few minutes to get to the pool and the main building with the food court, arcade, etc. Having two bathrooms is wonderful and the kitchenette, though small, is very functional. My wife and I used the queen bed in the bedroom and the kids slept on the table bed and sofa bed. I didn't try out either of the other beds, but our young children certainly had no complaints.

Personally, I think you will love it!

dreamfinder

Does anyone have experience either shipping food to a resort or having food delivered? Since I'm only bringing a carry on I'm limited to what I can bring and I'm thinking about sending some food. Thanks!!

I've done both, used Garden Grocer, WeGoShop, as well as Amazon PrimePantry. They all have their pluses/minuses. Garden Grocer has all their prices right on their site. They have a markup built into every item plus a service charge unless you order a set amount, and usually shop at Publix. WeGoShop has no prices as they act as a personal shopper, will go to whatever store you want, and buy what you want. You get charged the cost on the checkout receipt, plus a service charge. PrimePantry doesn't do perishables, and the selection is somewhat limited, but prices seem to be reasonable. If you do get any perishables from GG or WGS, bell services should store it in a cooler for you until you get it. The costs of you shipping food yourself is usually going to be as much or more than the service fees from those services, so may not be worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom