Updates on Kilamanjaro Safaris Refurb?

LongtimeReader

Wow, I rode on the last day of the poacher storyline and didn't even know it. It will be sad to see the geysers go, they really are beautiful, and were all working perfectly. The rest is no real loss. Though it probably didn't help that my driver was clearly so bored with his job he could barely muster up the energy to point out the animals let alone get into the poacher story.

Tip Top Club

Nothing in the spiel will change for about a week. (Although there were Baby Warthogs out there for about an hour yesterday morning!)

And I say again....

Unrelated: The Music section will be staying prior to what is now the tilting bridge, even though Wilson will not be staying. I don't believe there are any plans to have more music.

mickeysaver

They really do need to keep the music. I do wish that they would add some additional music to, but they HAVE TO KEEP that music that is on the ride. That one little piece of music was the only part of the entire ride spiel that I ever enjoyed. When I found out what the lyrics actually say, it only became more precious. It has to stay!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
On the safari I rode yesterday, we had none of Wilson's radio transmissions, nor did we hear the safari music. When we drove through the old poachers camp, he talked about how the safari is always evolving and changing. Discussed how we've been able to wipe poaching off of the reserve. He pointed out the camp and said something about those being the last remnants of a "time gone by". When we drove by Little Red he encouraged to take one final photo of him because he'd be off the reserve next week.

I have it on video and if someone can tell me how to upload a video from my iPhone I can show you.

I can also tell you that the drivers received a card with the new narration for the old poachers scene to use while the walls are up, which is happening on the 30th.

jmuboy

Wondering if the tv's in the queue line will still feature the Game Warden Wilson and the warning about the dangers of poaching? I assume that really can stay regardless of what happens out on the ride.

I do hope they feature some of the African music and radio transmissions with Wilson (even if all new ones) to sort of break up the ride as the trucks drive through the dead area and transitional zones between the sections of the Savannah. Not all the spiel was driven by the poachers and should be deemed unusable.

dreamscometrue

On the safari I rode yesterday, we had none of Wilson's radio transmissions, nor did we hear the safari music. When we drove through the old poachers camp, he talked about how the safari is always evolving and changing. Discussed how we've been able to wipe poaching off of the reserve. He pointed out the camp and said something about those being the last remnants of a "time gone by". When we drove by Little Red he encouraged to take one final photo of him because he'd be off the reserve next week.

I have it on video and if someone can tell me how to upload a video from my iPhone I can show you.

I can also tell you that the drivers received a card with the new narration for the old poachers scene to use while the walls are up, which is happening on the 30th.

Thanks for that update Nick. I'm wondering what the backstory will be after the new version is completely done. Will there just be narration about the animals or will there be any backstory at all?

I think I might have to listen to the music (Hapa Duniani by Voices of Celebration, for those who didn't know) on my phone when the safari passes 'Monkey Point'...just for nostalgia. :)

Figments Friend

-

Yes, thanks Nick for the update. A nice way to handle the upcoming changes i thought in the way your Safari Guide talked about the camp and Little Red.

:)

Tip Top Club

I'm sorry to tell you this, but this just means that your driver hates Wilson and turned him off. Wilson is remaining in place for another week yet. But you're right they do have the new spiel, (Which I can almost guarantee you will be changing)

And to answer the other question, the TVs in the queue will not be chaning, Wilson and Miss Jobson will remain there.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm sorry to tell you this, but this just means that your driver hates Wilson and turned him off. Wilson is remaining in place for another week yet. But you're right they do have the new spiel, (Which I can almost guarantee you will be changing)

And to answer the other question, the TVs in the queue will not be chaning, Wilson and Miss Jobson will remain there.

I know my driver, umm, rather well and I know he's following instructions.

Pauliewog

Well, I am a driver and I can tell you that today I had radio transmissions with Wilson and we did, in fact, chase poachers off the reserve.

I_heart_Tigger

Well, I am a driver and I can tell you that today I had radio transmissions with Wilson and we did, in fact, chase poachers off the reserve.

On my trip last week we heard the transmission from Wilson that there were poachers in the area but that was it. When we got to their camp they just mentioned that must be their camp. When we passed little Red we were told to wave to little Red and that the poachers have been caught but some of the transmissions from Wilson were missing and we did not chase them...barely any mention of the poachers at all, no mention of Big Red and only mention of little red was when we passed the truck and were told to wave.

Also the 2nd time we rode a day later (would have been April 14th and 15th) there were no transmissions from Wilson at all and the only mention of poachers was from the tour guide who said the camp may belong to poachers and we should keep an eye out for Little Red. At the end she said not to worry because there was little Red safe and sound.

Pauliewog

On my trip last week we heard the transmission from Wilson that there were poachers in the area but that was it. When we got to their camp they just mentioned that must be their camp. When we passed little Red we were told to wave to little Red and that the poachers have been caught but some of the transmissions from Wilson were missing and we did not chase them...barely any mention of the poachers at all, no mention of Big Red and only mention of little red was when we passed the truck and were told to wave.

Also the 2nd time we rode a day later (would have been April 14th and 15th) there were no transmissions from Wilson at all and the only mention of poachers was from the tour guide who said the camp may belong to poachers and we should keep an eye out for Little Red. At the end she said not to worry because there was little Red safe and sound.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but the trucks are 14 years old and several of them have audio problems on a daily basis. If the audio is to low, the driver will usually mute it altogether.

Pauliewog

And although they are fixed, I'm sure you can also assume the environmental conditions play a big part in it not working. Plus we drive through water and unfortunately the audio is underneath.

Pauliewog

Sorry for so many posts, but the nomenclature "big red" and "little red" are not officially part of the script anymore. All you know is that a baby elephant was found wandering alone and that there is no sign of the mother. The wardens have picked up the baby in their truck in hopes that they find the mother. While looking for the mother Wilson (who is airborne) and his ground patrol (who have the baby elephant in the back of their truck) discover that there are poachers in the area and that's when he asks simba one to help. The poachers are in fact no way associated with the 2 elephants. It's just a coincidence that the baby elephant was alone. That's when Wilson comes in and says "we located the mother elephant. Thanks to you (chasing the poachers off the reserve) they are now both safe".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom