Trip Report UPDATED WITH PHOTOS! A Baby, A Birthday, A Broken Phone, and I Kissed Minnie and She Kissed Me Back!

Hello everyone! We just got back from our trip last night and had a wonderful time! As the title states, i broke my phone on the trip :( So I dont have too many photos to share, and am working on getting them, and some from my wife and sister.

Cast:
Steve (me,dad)
Megan (mom)
Jade (my sister)
Landon (son)
Declan (son)
Kinley (Daughter, 1st trip!)

We stayed in Caribbean Beach and had a great time! Weather was very hot for this time of year, in the 90s the whole week and no rain! Im probably gonna start off a little slow until i get my new phone and pictures together.

Tuesday May 5
We departed our home around 11am and headed to Ohare airport. We had a 2pm flight out with Frontier Airlines. Now if you read my pre trip report, i was a little apprehensive to fly with them considering all the negative reviews. However, it was the cheapest airline for all of us to fly, so we went with it. I was very satisfied with their service. Somehow, even though i paid for economy fare, i eneded up being upgraded to their classic plus fare, and got free checked bags and free carry ons as well! Score as that saved us over $200 if we would have had to pay for that all. We werent even planning on having carry ons because of the cost, but since it was free we went with it! Our initial flight in was delayed a good 20 minutes, no biggie.

IMG_3061.jpg

Family Selfie (minus my wife who hates photos lol)

We arrived in Orlando around 5pm and quickly found DME. waited about 15 minutes before we were on the bus and headed home!

Last edited:

stevehousse

Original Poster
So we headed over to Mouse Gears and shopped while we were waiting for our ADR to come up! We just love eating at Garden Grill! My sister ran into Star Bucks while i waited for her with the baby and Megan and the boys went and shopped.

We made it to the store and of course it took forever to find them! The place is just huge! Somehow we all ended up being split again, and I was now with Declan. We had made our way over to the hat section. Now, our last trip in 2013 before this, they had Figment Mickey Ear hats that were really cute and Declan really wanted to get one. We looked over all the hats and couldnt find it! :(

I went up to a cast member working the area to inquire about the said hat. She politely informed us that they no longer made those, and they just have the regular figment baseball caps (which Declan didnt like) and he was bummed. We said o well and kept looking around at what maybe to get. We wandered around the area before we made it into the corner of the store, but still close to where the cast member was. As i was looking at flip flops, She came back over and bent down to Declan.

"I feel bad for how bummed he was about the hat, so i wanted to give him this..." She them handed him this really cool pin with Figment and Spaceship Earth in the background!

He had the biggest smile on his face and i couldnt thank her enough times! It was such a magical moment and very special. Of course i had the pictures of it on my phone!!! LOL (Dont worry folks, that part comes on the next day) We finished our shopping and started to head over to The Land. We checked into Garden Grill and waited about 5 minutes before we were called back to be seated.

prfctlyximprct

Ahh so happy to see all the pictures! What a great trip!!! The kids look like they are having an ABSOLUTE BLAST. Thanks so much for continuing to share.. I'm in love.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Ahh so happy to see all the pictures! What a great trip!!! The kids look like they are having an ABSOLUTE BLAST. Thanks so much for continuing to share.. I'm in love.
Thank you so much! And how jealous i am of your avatar photo! That was the ear hat Dex was looking for!!! And these boys are already trying to get us to plan another trip next year, they had so much fun this time around! lol They insist on doing a day at Legoland for the next one.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Garden Grill here we come!

This is always a must do for us every trip. We love the character interaction, and its some of the best we have on property, and it is consistent with that year after year, including the food. We were sat at a nice booth on the bottom section, and we were able to get great views of the ride! The boys loved when they would notice the scenery change.
IMG_3451.jpg

Rolls and salad came to our table and i just love those rolls and salad! lol after maybe 15 minutes or so, the rest of our food showed. The set up seemed a little different with the kids food this year than previous years. Before each kid got their own plate of the chicken drums, broccoli, mac n cheese, etc, and now it was all served family style like the adult food! We loved that as were are obsessed with the mac n cheese (with gold fish crackers!!!)

Characters came back and forth as we ate, and we literally "played" with everyone twice while we were there.
IMG_3457.jpg
IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg
IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg
IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg
IMG_3510.jpg

Sorry, not the best photo of dessert but its always too yummy! We all stuffed our bellies full of food! I lvoe the fish there. Megan and my sister and the boys do NOT eat fish, so i had it all to myself. We got a few second helping of items too, as it is all you care to eat family style. Toward the end of our meal, Kinley started to get restless. As much as we love this place, we always seem to have a problem with at least one of the kids having an outburst there at dinner! LOL sorry everyone there! I took her for a walk around the pavilion upper level as they finished dessert and settled our bill.

Once we left Garden Grill, we made our way downstairs. We had a few minutes to spare till our Soarin FPs were up. We hoped on Living with the Land, and got to show the boys where the food we just ate came from! We love this ride! It really is the only pavilion left that has the old Epcot feel to it, which i love!

Once the ride was over, it was time for Soarin. Now Megan and Landon had tried this for the first time last year, and didnt like it at all! Im partial to it. I dont love it, but i like to ride it, as long as im not in the top row! Too high up for me! Megan and Landon fed Kinley her bottle as they waited for me, Declan, and Jade to ride, which would be the first ride for those 2 this trip.

Declan loved it! He was mind blown that he got to go to Disneyland while at Disney World! LOL.

Thats all the time i have for now unfortunately. We still have a few more things to do in Epcot, and we had EMHs as well! Stay tuned!

stevehousse

Original Poster
We immediately left The Land because we had a FP for Test Track that had already started. Kinley had now fallen asleep in her stroller. We arrived at the ride, and Jade and Landon went to ride first, as we stayed back with the baby and Declan. They came back shortly after and we switched off. Declan would be riding this for the first time! I know i have said it a few times before, but i was so impressed with him riding these bigger rides and he just loved them! Test Track was no exception! He thought it was so fun and loved the end when we went really fast outside! The only downside, was that the car rankings throughout the ride were down and wouldnt display any results! bummer!

Mission Space had a 15 minute wait, and my sister and Landon wanted to ride. I do not do that ride! LOL the first year it opened, i went on it, not knowing anything about it. I ended up living in the garbage can near Mexico for a good time...not doing that ever again! This was also before they even offered the "green" version. One simply didnt exist back then. So they went off as we played around in the pavilion waiting for them to finish.

It was almost time for Illuminations, so we started making our way around World Showcase again to try and find a good spot. We grabbed one over near China, and grabbed some snacks while we watched! I havent seen this show in a few years, so it was good to see it again. I just love the music!

The show was over and the park started to empty. I dont remember if we did Imagination or Nemo again, but we did do one of those. We also did Spaceship Earth. We got off the ride and Kinley had fallen back asleep, declan got into his stroller and he fell alseep too. It was time to go.

We left at the right time, because a bus was waiting for us when we got to our bus stop! We returned home, refilled our mugs, and got everyone to bed, including ourselves. Tomorrow would be our no park day, with lots of swimming, shopping at DTD, and dinner at Megan and the kids favorite restaurant, Chef Mickeys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom