Upcoming Trip to AKL

mhvolk89

Original Poster
Hi All,

This is my first post here, My family (Wife, and 2 kiddos 4 and 1.5) are going to WDW for a 2 night stay before our first cruise on the Wish.
I changed my resort from Coronado Springs(where my wife and I stayed once before we had kids) to Animal Kingdom Lodge as we are actually arriving on my 35th Birthday. Its a total bucket list stay for me!

I have Boma booked for breakfast at 10:20am and then Jiko as my birthday dinner at 6:50am.

1. Is it too much to do both in one day? ( We are going to MK as our only park the day after)

2. I am someone who is still recovering from some Covid anxiety and all that jazz but really want to go to Boma, but it looks super crowded? Is is that bad? Also is it better to go in the morning as our flight gets in at 630am to MCO from LAX.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Welcome to WDWMagic!! It's fine if that is what you want to do on a non park day. I have been to Boma numerous times and yes it can be crowded, but its definitely manageable. You have to get in line for the food and wait your turn around. If you just want pastries the second time up, I would just head to that area.

Have a great trip!

Pam

mhvolk89

Original Poster
Welcome to WDWMagic!! It's fine if that is what you want to do on a non park day. I have been to Boma numerous times and yes it can be crowded, but its definitely manageable. You have to get in line for the food and wait your turn around. If you just want pastries the second time up, I would just head to that area.

Have a great trip!

Pam
Thanks Pam I appreciate it? Is it less crowded right when it opens or later on around 1030? Also how is Jiko?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thanks Pam I appreciate it? Is it less crowded right when it opens or later on around 1030? Also how is Jiko?
Later since a lot of ppl head to the parks first thing. Jiko is very good! Last time I was there I had the peri peri chicken and my husband had the filet.

Pam

mhvolk89

Original Poster
Pam when youp stayed there did you make a room request or did you book savanah? We only could budget resort view. I heard to make a room request may help, any thoughts?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Pam when youp stayed there did you make a room request or did you book savanah? We only could budget resort view. I heard to make a room request may help, any thoughts?
I wouldn't advise making a room request that would involve an upgrade. I would however make sure that you have it notated that it is your first time staying there. You honestly would have a better chance with that. I just book whatever view I really want and that is usually a savanna view.

Pam

mhvolk89

Original Poster
I wouldn't advise making a room request that would involve an upgrade. I would however make sure that you have it notated that it is your first time staying there. You honestly would have a better chance with that. I just book whatever view I really want and that is usually a savanna view.

Pam
Totally understandable, I heard though that they will sometimes put you in a obstructed savannah, Im going to hope fo the best. Thank you again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom