Upcoming DHS closings ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Look for the ridiculously long-running Beauty and the Beast stage show to end its run at the Studios following the holiday season. Right now, with no replacement as no show has gotten budget approval and likely won't until the entire Studios Extreme (or Less) Makeover gets decided on. Considering the success DCA castoff Block Party Bash had here, it's very likely that approval will also be given to take the current Pixar Parade when it ends its run in Anaheim, even if it can't start immediately here due to construction.

Also, the fanboi reviled American Idol Experience will be closing down by the end of second quarter 2014 as well with the space repurposed with a new attraction.

These decisions are made and will happen regardless of exactly how much $$$ the BoD gives The Weatherman to fix the Studios park.

Captain Neo

Wow you are on fire today!

I haven't seen a big insider update from you since....maybe when star tours 2 got the greenlight and the wand was coming down a few years ago?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Glad I got to see BatB for the first time last trip.
Kind of a "one a done" though, so I shan't really miss it.
Truth be told, for me, there's not a lot of repeatability in LMA or the Indy Stunt Spectacular either.
And Idol was a nice respite from the heat/rain - no more, no less. It certainly got formulaic with repeat visits - real fast.

Captain Neo

Spirit do you think what's replacing American Idol is that X-Wing Spinner that Jim Hill talked about or something more significant?

Also, is the Star Wars stuff going to Orland different from the stuff going to Anaheim or virtually the same?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirit do you think what's replacing American Idol is that X-Wing Spinner that Jim Hill talked about or something more significant?

Also, is the Star Wars stuff going to Orland different from the stuff going to Anaheim or virtually the same?

No, I don't ...and I need more details on Anaheim before I make a call, but one would be ignorant to not think they are going to try and spread the costs around by cloning parts or complete attractions.

Computer Magic

I wouldn't think they would gut out the auditorium seating? Seems something along the lines where people can set and be entertained. At least I hope sure. AI may not be a fan favorite but it is a 20 minute show vs a 3 minute ride.

FutureWorld1982

Never happen.

This project is all about Stars and Cars.

stars-in-cars-parade.jpg

So, the parade is coming back? ;)
(Photo from Tripadvisor).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom