Upcoming cruise questions

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
My husband, one year old son, and I set sail on the Dream in just 19 short (long!) days! Shouldn't I have received our luggage tags by now? I just randomly happened to think about it today...

Also, I have already requested the pack n play for our stateroom and I have read you can request a diaper genie. Should I wait until onboard to do so, or go ahead and call? Will the pack n play be set up at night and taken down each day? Or does it remain out the entire length of the cruise?

Thanks for the help!

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, you should have received your cruise contract, booklet, and luggage tags shortly after you paid in full. Call DCL.

And they'll put the diaper genie in the room when they put the pack-n-play in there. At least they did for us, and we didn't request it.

EOD K9

My room had the diaper genie in there already two weeks ago. Last year they left the cribs assembled figuring the babies would want to nap. You can always ask when you board. They are pretty good about getting baby stuff to you quickly.

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
Thanks for the help!! Have you ever used babies travel lite and had diapers, etc delivered to your stateroom? Or is it easier to pack your own?

EOD K9

Thanks for the help!! Have you ever used babies travel lite and had diapers, etc delivered to your stateroom? Or is it easier to pack your own?
I've stayed at WDW prior and shipped diapers to my room then had those sent to the ship. Packing your own stuff is good because you know you'll have it, but it takes up space obviously.

mcstensrud

My husband, one year old son, and I set sail on the Dream in just 19 short (long!) days! Shouldn't I have received our luggage tags by now? I just randomly happened to think about it today...

Also, I have already requested the pack n play for our stateroom and I have read you can request a diaper genie. Should I wait until onboard to do so, or go ahead and call? Will the pack n play be set up at night and taken down each day? Or does it remain out the entire length of the cruise?

Thanks for the help!
We are going in 32 days and have recieved out tags and documents already.you might want to call ASAP.

DisneyJoe

We are going in 32 days and have recieved out tags and documents already.you might want to call ASAP.
That is around when we receive them at our agency, between 30 and 40 days before travel.

I disagree that it is shortly after paying in full, as many pay in full 75 days or more before travel, that would be too far in advance to receive documents, at least IMHO.

Last edited:

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
I've stayed at WDW prior and shipped diapers to my room then had those sent to the ship. Packing your own stuff is good because you know you'll have it, but it takes up space obviously.

You seem to have a lot of experience cruising with little ones, thanks for always giving input!! What can we expect with the nursery? How often did they call you? And if the child is fussy do they attempt to settle him/her down before calling? Also, any idea if they let a parent in to put the baby to sleep for a nap, or do they do that? Sorry for all the questions, we don't use daycare so I'm unsure of how all this works!

EOD K9

@Megan Kelly In the three cruises with the babies they sent us a text once saying one of the twins was getting really fussy and would send an update if they wanted us to pick her up. We never heard back which is a good thing. They absolutely attempt to get them settled before calling. On embarkation day they have an open house. That is when you are allowed past the front desk. I'd highly suggest going in there and playing with your child for a few minutes to equate the place as being fun. You are not allowed in to put the baby down. On the Dream class they have a separate sleeping area. The nursery CMs are fantastic and patient. They will do everything they can to keep the children happy and also get them to nap. I've walked in and seen one of the CMs with a baby sling and my daughter in it while rocking in a chair. I wouldn't worry too much. Please ask if you have further questions.

Tom

Beta Return
We used the nursery on the Dream for our then 1-year old in November. They didn't call or text us once. They said he was mostly very good and only got fussy once in a while. He would actually start crying when we'd come to pick him up.

The crew in the nursery is fantastic. In all the kids areas, really. We pre-booked the first night, but after it went so well, we used them 3 more times on a 3-night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom