Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

ItlngrlBella

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. We've been 7 times and never had a poor experience but we've had a little frustration when it's super crowded.

For this reason we always go during the low season. It's cheaper and there are less headaches. (Though it seems in the low winter season after Christmas, there are throngs of Brazilians wandering about - but if you head over to the Tomorrowland dance party they all seem to be there and really make the party more fun. We love the dancing Brazilians!) sorry - tangent. Anyway...

There may be more refurbs of rides over this time but not so many to ruin a vacation. You will definitely have more access to rides, characters, viewings of shows, etc. I know it's hard to pull kids out of school to do this but if you do some pre-planning you may find a week that works. In our district the kids get off for MLK Monday and that Friday is the end of the quarter and a teacher work day (no school) - so kids are only missing 3 days and you have the weekends booking the week - there may be a week on your calendar hidden somewhere.

Bugz

I will again suggest to please understand that Disney is upgrading and look at the magical things that are not under upgrading , (dont mean to sound dramatic) lol But they have to improve or everybody complains they dont maintain excellence.

Chef Mickey

More like a hit-and-run. She posted the same thing on many Disney related fan sites, trying to garner sympathy for her and her little princess.
So this was real? I can't even believe someone would post this and think they'd get a positive reaction from Disney fans and knowledgeable Disney people.

Not sure how I missed this, but I don't feel one bit sorry for her. She sounds like a poor planner, a whiner, and a person that will never be pleased. Probably can't afford to go.

wdwjmp239

....<start incessant rant about Disney here>

KATIEBUG101 - I really hate to be the one to tell you, but you just need to get over yourself....today...in a HUGE way!

Disney is the ultimate test in patience with the long lines, waiting, shelling out $$$ for expensive souvenirs, food, etc., etc., etc. I have been going to Disney World since I was 5 years old and for the past 35 years, I have to say that I've had some crap experiences at Disney World, but do I stop going? No! Sometimes, cast members have bad days and working in the hospitality industry like that, you can have bad days (even though in Disney's cast member "rulebook" somewhere that you always have to be in character whether you want to be or not).

I saw somewhere in this thread about better planning? Yes! The times to NOT go (especially if you hate the heat) is in the summer months. All of the schools from up north (I'm in Florida) are out and they flock down here because it's cheaper to go in the summer than the winter when it's our tourist season. Spring Break is kind of hit and miss - it depends what else is going on in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area at the time - or if everyone just made their pilgrimage to Daytona Beach which is just an hour away. 4th of July, Christmas, and New Years - parks are ALWAYS packed. I did Disney trips during that time of year and swore to myself never again. So, when should you go? There's that slack time between Halloween and Thanksgiving which is pretty good - not toooooo crazy where you just want to stay in your hotel room.

I just say re-think your next vacation plan and figure out what you're going to do and how you're going to do it. That's the only thing I can tell you to save whatever sanity you have left.

Weather_Lady

Is this a troll account?

You can actually find her over on the DISboards, where she's been a member for a few years albeit not very active, holding herself out as a "travel agent." (I do not think it means what she thinks it means.) Her account here, and on every other site I've seen besides the DISboards, appears to have been set up solely for the purpose of copy-and-pasting her rant, and then vanishing in a cloud of McDonald's french fry-scented dust. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cesar R M

You can actually find her over on the DISboards, where she's been a member for a few years albeit not very active, holding herself out as a "travel agent." (I do not think it means what she thinks it means.) Her account here, and on every other site I've seen besides the DISboards, appears to have been set up solely for the purpose of copy-and-pasting her rant, and then vanishing in a cloud of McDonald's french fry-scented dust. :rolleyes:
You get a like for that description!

zufLMZS.gif

BuddyThomas

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. We've been 7 times and never had a poor experience but we've had a little frustration when it's super crowded.

For this reason we always go during the low season. It's cheaper and there are less headaches. (Though it seems in the low winter season after Christmas, there are throngs of Brazilians wandering about - but if you head over to the Tomorrowland dance party they all seem to be there and really make the party more fun. We love the dancing Brazilians!) sorry - tangent. Anyway...

There may be more refurbs of rides over this time but not so many to ruin a vacation. You will definitely have more access to rides, characters, viewings of shows, etc. I know it's hard to pull kids out of school to do this but if you do some pre-planning you may find a week that works. In our district the kids get off for MLK Monday and that Friday is the end of the quarter and a teacher work day (no school) - so kids are only missing 3 days and you have the weekends booking the week - there may be a week on your calendar hidden somewhere.
As others have said, she hasn't been back here in over a year, if she ever existed at all and wasn't just the creation of some bored teenager who got bad grades and wasn't allowed to go on his school trip to WDW. Her story has more holes than Swiss cheese and I have always maintained that we were all Punked. Nevertheless, this thread never ceases to entertain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom