Unknown Live Action Fairy-Tale movie on 7/28/17?

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
Anyone have any idea on what it could be? Besides it's initial listing in the release scheduled, and it's movement to that date from December 2017, I haven't heard anything firm about this movie. Originally it was referenced as on type with the live action Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. However, we're 6 months out now with no further information, so I don't imagine that's the case any longer.

I'm thinking might have been something that got announced in 2015 as a placeholder and then re-assigned to some other movie.

Flippin'Flounder

I don't think it'll be a remake, as they seem to go all out on those. Maybe something more along the lines of Into the Woods? Either that or they'll move the date, 6 months just isn't enough time to make one of the Live-Action Remakes.

Goliath123

I believe your right, in that years ago, it started as a placeholder for a Disney live action fairy tale film. But there are currently no Disney fairy tale movies that far in production that could be released on this date.

My best guess is that it will end up being the release date for the film "Magic Camp." The one written by Steve Martin.

It's been filming from November of 2016 until next month, in March 2017. As a lower scale film, it will involve minimum post-production time. The plot gives vibes as a nice soft family summer film. It would be smart of Disney to release it between Cars 3 (June) and Thor Ragnarock (November 3).

Magic Camp has a release date of 2017, but no exact day.

So to answer your question, Magic Camp, is my best guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom