Universal Transportation Question

mitchs

Original Poster
Staying at All Star Sports in July. What is the least expensive (and easy) mode of transportation to get from the hotel to Universal?:veryconfu

disney1077

When I stayed at the Beach Club in 2004 and was going to Universal, the only way I could get there was with a cab. Disney doesnt offer any buses to outside parks. Usually there are cabs waiting out in front, you tell them where you are going and they take you. It is not that long of a ride maybe a half hour but it is not cheap. Hope this helps.

RonAnnArbor

Like 2004 - in 2007 there is still not bus to Universal from WDW. You will need to rent a car or take a cab. A cab will cost you about 35 dollars in each direction depending on how long it takes you to get there, etc. In all reality, it probably IS easier to rent a car, at least for that day.

Hey Mitch,

I would highly reccommend Mears Transportation for WDW to Universal trips. I stayed at Pop Century and took 2 days to go to Universal Parks. You simply call Mears a day before hand & tell them when you're leaving.. they pick up every hour.

It's $15.00 (round trip) to Universal and then back to your resort.. it definitely beats the price of a taxi cab. The other nice thing is you can call Mears (while you're at Universal) about your pick up time to go back to your hotel. If you decide you want to leave early or stay longer, as long as you give them a 2 hour notice, they'll be able to pick you up whenever you want.

I had almost no issues with Mears. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get to Universal and was hassle free. Disney resorts have a good rapport with Mears and will assist if you have any questions.

Go to www.mearstransportation.com for the reservation line, once you're in FL.

Hope this helped.

-Bryant :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom