Universal Studios Japan News/Updates

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
Universal Studios Japan presents
Halloween Pokémon Show
for the First Time in Japan!

A limited time Halloween Party where you can immerse yourself in the world of Pokémon, dance and be "super enthusiastic" together!

Universal Studios Japan will hold for a limited time this fall, a Halloween party featuring the first-ever DJ Pokémon.

Pokémon, loved by children and grown-ups around the world, made its first appearance in the Park this spring in the "NO LIMIT! Parade," where everyone can get "super-enthusiastic," by providing guests a super exciting experience.

And now, for the first time, a show featuring Pokémon will appear this fall at Universal Studios Japan. DJ Pikachu and DJ Gengar who will be dressed in park-exclusive costumes at a party venue completed on the overwhelming scale and quality of Universal Studios Japan, providing everyone with an exciting experience. We will present Japan's first day time show of its kind, where you can immerse your body in the world of Pokémon and dance along with them to lively music and flashy visuals.

This fall, for a limited time only, we are also offering other super stimulating Halloween programs that will go far beyond imagination. Universal Studios Japan has delivered a lot of the world's best entertainment, and now you can look forward to a new experience of its ever-evolving Halloween events.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
Universal Studios Japan continues to strive for infinite NO LIMIT! possibilities with evolving park experiences
『The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man The Ride』
Closing Monday January 22nd, 2024
With thanks to park goers who have enjoyed the ride for 20 years since the park’s opening, “Farewell Campaign for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man 4K3D - The Ride” begins Tuesday July 4th, 2023.

Universal Studios Japan has continued to evolve with revolutionary technologies and creativity since the park’s opening in 2001, bringing visitors “unbelievable excitement and awe” with the highest quality entertainment in the world. Since 2020, the park has incorporated its new slogan, “NO LIMIT!”, in each program and campaign. The theme has become recognized by consumers and in 2023 the park earned top honors, placing first in the most expansive brand survey in the country, “Brand Japan 2023” (Nikkei BP Consulting), for the general consumer category.

The very popular attraction that has brought Super Excitement and awesome thrills to so many park visitors from both inside and outside of Japan for 20 years since its opening on January 23rd, 2001, “The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man The Ride” will be closing its doors to make way for further evolution of the park experience. The “World’s Best Attraction”*1 which has spun so many webs of emotion and memory for the cumulative total of 100 million visitors who experienced the ride in Japan, will cease operating on Monday January 22nd, 2024.

With the eyes of the world turning to Osaka and the Kansai region as 2025 approaches, Universal Studios Japan, as a leading entertainment company in the world, will continue to meet any challenge and find all possibilities with NO LIMIT! to create Super Emotional, Super Exciting experiences for park visitors. Universal Studios Japan believes it is our mission to grow “infinitely” under the company slogan of, “Energizing people and society with super entertaining creativity”.

Jubs

What's the best guesstimate for Donkey Kong opening next year from those who are following the construction? Ideally, I'd like to hit both Fantasy Springs and DK in a single trip once they're both open. Are we looking at a very close to end of year. or more of a summer opening?

BasiltheBatLord

Jurassic Park closed today for its 1 year+ major refurb.

USJ is about to be in rough shape with two of the biggest e-tickets in the park both down for over a year once Spider-Man closes permanently in January 2024.

PiratesMansion

Jurassic Park closed today for its 1 year+ major refurb.

USJ is about to be in rough shape with two of the biggest e-tickets in the park both down for over a year once Spider-Man closes permanently in January 2024.
Kind of incredible to see Jurassic Park and Space Fantasy down for as long as they are, with Spider-Man closed and other attractions not reopening post-2020 (Backdraft and so on), and some attractions that they apparently might still bring back at some point because they're still on the attraction closure site.

But don't worry, after three years they're bringing back Shrek 4D!

It doesn't really make me want to run and book a trip to USJ, honestly. Maybe DLR isn't doing that bad, actually.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Kind of incredible to see Jurassic Park and Space Fantasy down for as long as they are, with Spider-Man closed and other attractions not reopening post-2020 (Backdraft and so on), and some attractions that they apparently might still bring back at some point because they're still on the attraction closure site.

But don't worry, after three years they're bringing back Shrek 4D!

It doesn't really make me want to run and book a trip to USJ, honestly. Maybe DLR isn't doing that bad, actually.
Disneyland Park has literally never been better, so yes :)

PiratesMansion

Disneyland Park has literally never been better, so yes :)
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Well it used to have un abandoned peoplemover tracks, 3D theater, and proper carousel building
It has far more E-tickets than any other park on Earth. Beautification over the decades including the Fantasyland overhaul in the 80s, Toontown’s overhaul this year, RoA’s rockwork, updating the classic dark rides as well as a focus on park operational improvements from widening sidewalks to converting shops to rest areas have done wonders for the park.

I mean, even Blue Bayou is now at its best ever menu-wise.

People are friendly, the weather is great, park hours are still the longest of any major theme park on Earth, and maintenance is actually pretty stellar unlike in Orlando. I’m not factoring in ever increasing prices, so perhaps as a value proposition it isn’t as good as in the past, but more so the park itself.

The exclusive stain is Tomorrowland, but I'll take Galaxy's Edge over a redo of the land and call it more than equal, and that's despite me thinking it isn't nearly as well executed as Diagon Alley, Cars Land, or Pandora. It still has an awe-inspiring scale and meticulous detail.

It is most definitely the best park on Earth as an experience. DisneySea beats it out on theming, but as a place you want to hangout in, the diversity and quantity in the park is like no other.

I don't think any other time in the 2000s it could’ve been better. Anytime before the Fantasyland redo in the 1980s obviously shouldn't be included either (I mean, the park was pretty ugly for the first few decades), so was it after Indy opens? That means the Fantasyland dark rides haven't been updated, no BTMR update, no Space Mountain update, no Matterhorn updates, no Buzz, no Galaxy's Edge, no Runaway Railway, etc.

Throw out the entire Pressler era, obviously, but even after, it took a very long time to see a major ride addition added with Galaxy’s Edge. In fact, it was 24 years between Indy opening and Rise even amidst skyrocketing attendance post-Great Recession.

And thematically, it's about to get even better with Tiana's expanding New Orleans Square’s footprint and fixing its sight lines, and that also doesn't go to say Disneyland's Splash really did need an update too, and is getting it.

It's utterly fantastic now. It will literally be flawless once Galaxy's Edge gets a coaster, and Tomorrowland gets a redo along with an E-ticket of the Flight of Passage caliber.

I suppose it was at its peak when I last went a few months ago for Toontown’s reopening. Indy just had the refurbishment it so desperately needed, Toontown had never been better, and you just saw Runaway Railway open. Toss in Splash not closed and Fantasmic still alive.

Still though, Fantasmic will return and Splash is likely to be improved come next year, so those aren’t really long-term issues. I imagine a night parade will eventually return as well.

No park in the world can remotely compete with its offerings now, and especially come next year, or likely for decades, and neither could Disneyland Park of the past either.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom