Universal Question

Boray

I would do one day, one park. You'll get to take things at a reasonable pace, and see everything you want, with the option of doing some things a few times (like Men In Black!) Anyway, have you thought about where you'll be dining? My husband and I ALWAYS have dinner one night at Emeril's. You will not find a better meal at Universal Citywalk. It's wonderful.:slurp: We tried Bubba Gump's this past trip (last month) for the first time (I think it just opened there - where the old Motown Restaurant used to be). They have great food too. Don't overlook spending time at City Walk - it's a great place to people-watch. If you eat at Emeril's, make reservations as soon as possible, they book quickly. Also, request a seat in the atrium area - it's a great place to watch the sun set, and people watch.

Have a great trip! :wave:

blackerbys17

Agreed, some people right? I mean, I LOVE Disney and usually only go there but every 5-7 years, I actually go to another theme park. :eek: Blasphemy, I know!

Now, as to the OPs question, I actually went to Universal Studios AND IOA on Halloween and we had a real good time! There was NOBODY there, the place was soooo dead. Bad for them, good for me! Mind you, I hadn't been in either park in about 6.5-7 years but has it really died off that much?

I guess so since the only reason I went was because I had gotten a free ticket in the mail (I don't even know why I got that???) and additional tickets for $35. So, for $70, my family of 4 (one was under 3 at the time) got to go to both Universal Studios and IOA for the day. We actually got there around 12:30 PM and by IOA's closing time (7 pm) we had done just about every ride except Ripsaw Falls, Dueling Dragons, Men in Black, and the Hulk. Mind you, we had no fastpasses, it was just that dead. So 2 major theme parks in 6.5 hours? Not bad!

Point is, I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to, you could do both in one day. Personally, I like IOA way better than US so I would go there first, depending on which one closes first of course. Have fun either way and by the way, I LOVE your avatar!:wave:

p.s. While at the Studios, I actually felt a little guilty, like I was cheating on the Mouse!:eek: I half expected Disney Police to take me in for questioning once I got back to my car that night! :lol:

slappy magoo

HAHA!! The main category is TRIP PLANNING, the title of the thread is UNIVERSAL QUESTION, where is the confusion?? You had to actually click on the topic of UNIVERSAL QUESTION. Go figure!!

Oh, sure, Mister Fancy Pants, but if YOU had EYES, you'd notice that the main forum page has a special section just for people who'd want to slum it up in a pit like Universal! What you're doing by bringing up Universal here is like talking about dogs getting it on at the dinner table...I mean, not like you'd be at the dinner table saying "Hey, it'd be great to see dogs getting it on, right here." More like you're at the dinner table saying "hey I saw dogs getting it on today" and then your mom's like "eeeeewwwww" and your dad can't finish his pork chop and your little sister asks what getting it on means and you realize this is conversation meant for another time an...oh you know what I meant!!! :D

oldkeyw

Back to the original question for a moment...

My teenage son and I went seperately to both parks and did everything that we wanted without rushing around like maniacs. We spent about 6 hours in Islands and about 8 hours in Studios. We found that Islands was mostly just going from one big ride to the other, except for Spiderman which we did 4 times because it's so great. Still, we were out of there at 3:00 pm, and we had all day and evening if we wanted to stay longer.

The original Studios park, on the otherhand, was more fun to just walk around in because the themed areas are really cool, it's not just a big circle like Islands, and the food choices seemed better. We actually stayed until about 5 in the afternoon before we yearned for Disney again.

So my choice would be Islands half-day, Studios full-day.

Keyblade Holder

I'm heading to The World on Dec 2nd and was planning on venturing to Universal durning my stay. Does anyone know the best way to get there without having the luxury of a car rental? Thanks in advance!

kcnole

You didn't eat at Mythos if you thought the food was better at USF. Other than that restaurant however I could agree with you. The food choices at USF at the counter service places is probably better, but Mythos blows everything out of the water.

Damien666

I'd say full day studios and half day IOA. I went there last summer for a week at the Royal Pacific and had a blast. I actually went to both parks each day so it was really fun.

I do recommend Mythos, it's a very nice resturant with nice themeing and good food. (Their Chocolate Banana Gooey cake is flat out awsome!!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom