Universal Officially Announces Springfield

NEL

Ummm. I am pretty sure the WDW in this forums title does not stand for Universal Orlando Resort , but I guess I could be wrong.

RSoxNo1

and Disney has two more parks than Uni....Just saying.
You mean those two parks that have a total of 12 rides?

Yes, Universal is playing catch up, but they're doing it very quick. At this point thought you can't even say that Disney is caught off guard, it's as if they simply didn't care. Having said that, I expect additions to be announced in August, but that will be outlining a 5 year plan. By 2015 it's looking more and more like Disney will no longer have the 4 highest attended parks in Florida.

NEL

Thanks for your input, was it supposed to sound snippy? Did you have a bad day? This is the first time UNI has ever been mentioned before in this forum, right?

Are you a UM fan?
I had a wonderful day, thanks for asking. I was stating what I thought was obvious in a sarcastic/funny way. I don't really understand why some one would start a thread in a Walt Disney world fan site in a forum titled WDW news , rumors, and current events something about Universal. I would believe one would have the same response if thy would post something about WDW in a Universal fan site. Just stating the obvious, in a funny non offensive way. Which btw the mods seem to have had the same thought since this was moved to its rightful place.

RyenDeckard

You mean those two parks that have a total of 12 rides?

Yes, Universal is playing catch up, but they're doing it very quick. At this point thought you can't even say that Disney is caught off guard, it's as if they simply didn't care. Having said that, I expect additions to be announced in August, but that will be outlining a 5 year plan. By 2015 it's looking more and more like Disney will no longer have the 4 highest attended parks in Florida.
I don't think anything is going to tip Epcot or Magic Kingdom off the map for a long time, but if Universal builds a third gate Epcot might be in trouble.

DHS and AK are in serious, serious trouble though. I'm looking forward to the TEA report for last year, but by 2014 there's not a chance in hell those parks stay about UOR.

Tim_4

I don't think anything is going to tip Epcot or Magic Kingdom off the map for a long time, but if Universal builds a third gate Epcot might be in trouble.

DHS and AK are in serious, serious trouble though. I'm looking forward to the TEA report for last year, but by 2014 there's not a chance in hell those parks stay about UOR.
Fact: World of Disney has higher attendance than either Universal park.

RyenDeckard

Fact: World of Disney has higher attendance than either Universal park.
Disney Merchandise sells incredibly well, and having a gigantic Disney store that is free admission in Orlando will bring a ton of guests, no question. Although I would like to know how you could gauge attendance in a store.

Tim_4

Disney Merchandise sells incredibly well, and having a gigantic Disney store that is free admission in Orlando will bring a ton of guests, no question. Although I would like to know how you could gauge attendance in a store.
Estimates, just like the TEA report. The only organization that knows Disney's actually gate counts is Disney. The TEA report is a mess anyways. There's no solid system or consensus for handling park hopping.

RyenDeckard

Estimates, just like the TEA report. The only organization that knows Disney's actually gate counts is Disney. The TEA report is a mess anyways. There's no solid system or consensus for handling park hopping.
That's true, but you can at least get a good grip on how many people you have entering the parks.

And frankly, IMO at least, you can look at Magic Kingdom numbers and see how many guests actually stay at WDW. That park is a must do if you go to Disney at all; same with IOA and UOR.

I really do think this is going to be an incredible few years for Orlando, and we're going to see a major shake up. Remember, WDW's attendance dropping to even 2x total UOR's attendance is still a disaster for them, having such a large resort and needing significant capital to reinvest just to maintain what they already have. UOR is a much easier operation to maintain, having a significantly smaller footprint, no major transportation networks unlike the monorail of bus network of WDW, and about 30,000 fewer employees.

disney fan 13

Thanks for your input, was it supposed to sound snippy? Did you have a bad day? This is the first time UNI has ever been mentioned before in this forum, right?

Are you a UM fan?

Lol Cane fans are the worst! ( And they have terrible attendance.)

Edit: I feel like I might start a fire, so I meant that in a joking way...

Tim_4

That's true, but you can at least get a good grip on how many people you have entering the parks.

And frankly, IMO at least, you can look at Magic Kingdom numbers and see how many guests actually stay at WDW. That park is a must do if you go to Disney at all; same with IOA and UOR.

I really do think this is going to be an incredible few years for Orlando, and we're going to see a major shake up. Remember, WDW's attendance dropping to even 2x total UOR's attendance is still a disaster for them, having such a large resort and needing significant capital to reinvest just to maintain what they already have. UOR is a much easier operation to maintain, having a significantly smaller footprint, no major transportation networks unlike the monorail of bus network of WDW, and about 30,000 fewer employees.
To be clear, attendance is up year over year at all four Disney parks. Not at the rate of Universal, granted, but it's harder to grow at those percentages when you're already so big.

bubbles1812

To be clear, attendance is up year over year at all four Disney parks. Not at the rate of Universal, granted, but it's harder to grow at those percentages when you're already so big.
Why are you even in this part of the forum? You claim to like Universal but the only thing you've written thus far in the thread is how "Disney trumps Universal blah blah blah." It's amusing in a really really pathetic way. And all I does it make me question any information you put forth on this forum. And attendance may be up but it's pretty slight. I'd call it fairly flat. Sorry but 1% growth isn't impressive.

RyenDeckard

"A rising tide lifts all ships"

Some more than others though, especially when those ships are quickly going from "Disney world vacation and some time at Universal" to "Universal vacation and some time at Disney".

Disney has lost my age bracket (16-24), with most if not all of my peers spending more time at Universal than Disney.

disney fan 13

"A rising tide lifts all ships"

Some more than others though, especially when those ships are quickly going from "Disney world vacation and some time at Universal" to "Universal vacation and some time at Disney".

Disney has lost my age bracket (16-24), with most if not all of my peers spending more time at Universal than Disney.

I'd say 10-24 to be honest.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The thing that gets me is THIS summer...as in 2013.

Not a new bathroom and vague rumors of 2015.

I have money I'm spending in Orlando THIS year...and Universal just snagged my attention at a point where I can still modify my vacation plans.

MattM

Original Poster
I had a wonderful day, thanks for asking. I was stating what I thought was obvious in a sarcastic/funny way. I don't really understand why some one would start a thread in a Walt Disney world fan site in a forum titled WDW news , rumors, and current events something about Universal. I would believe one would have the same response if thy would post something about WDW in a Universal fan site. Just stating the obvious, in a funny non offensive way. Which btw the mods seem to have had the same thought since this was moved to its rightful place.

It's easy to understand, really. I only visit the news/rumors forum so I put it there. Furthermore, I asked the mods to please move to a more appropriate forum if necessary. I didn't even know there was a universal forum here, I've never scrolled down that far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom