Universal Florida + IOA in 1 day with unlimited Express pass

Jonathan Lin

Original Poster
Is this doable?
I am going in mid August, Wednesday, August 19th to be exact. Will it be busy around that time?

We want to ride all the rides possible.. Probably little to no shows.
Should we go to Harry potter at IOA right when park opens? Or save it towards the end of the trip?
Is it even worth getting an express pass or not?

Also, why does express pass cost more during the weekday than the weekend..?
Is it more busy at universal than disneyworld? What are the wait times like?

Thanks!

lazyboy97o

You probably won't need Express Pass.

It is possible to run around and ride most everything in a day, but you're also missing out on a lot.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Hogsmead or Diagonal Alley) isn't really a huge madhouse anymore so you can enjoy pretty much whenever.

Jonathan Lin

Original Poster
Oh really? Is it just less busy in Mid August?
If we wanted to do some rides, multiple times, you still recommend getting express pass?

The express pass pretty much works on everything but harry potter rides right?

lazyboy97o

Universal just doesn't tend to get that crowded.

You could probably even do multiple rides without Express Pass.

If you get there and decide you want Express Pass, it is available for purchase during the day.

Jonathan Lin

Original Poster
Universal just doesn't tend to get that crowded.

You could probably even do multiple rides without Express Pass.

If you get there and decide you want Express Pass, it is available for purchase during the day.
Oh really? Hmm.. I just want to make sure I have time to go on all 25+ rides/attractions.. they're only open 9-9pm.. so Hmm.

Recommendations on which park to visit first? Should we hit up harry potter stuff asap?

lazyboy97o

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter really isn't a center point of long waits anymore.

Disposable Me: Minion Mayhem and Dudley Do-Right's Rip Saw Falls will probably have the longest waits all day, in the hour or more range.

JT3000

Don't expect to get ALL of the rides in both parks done in a day, even with Express, unless you're literally running from one to the other and taking zero time to enjoy the rest of the parks. And yes, it will be busy in August. Maybe not Magic Kingdom busy, but certainly busy.

You will want to visit Diagon Alley in USF first, possibly hitting Despicable Me along the way. Gringotts can still command a long line, but the attractions at the front of the park are always busy despite their lower quality.

TalkingHead

If you're willing to do single riders lines, you'll save some time at the coasters, Spidey, and Transformers.

But for Forbidden Journey and Gringotts the standby lines are major parts of the experience, so make sure you go through those standby queues at least once.

And either do Despicable Me at opening or at closing, because it'll be a beast (50+ minutes) all day.

BrianV

Is this doable?
I am going in mid August, Wednesday, August 19th to be exact. Will it be busy around that time?

We want to ride all the rides possible.. Probably little to no shows.
Should we go to Harry potter at IOA right when park opens? Or save it towards the end of the trip?
Is it even worth getting an express pass or not?

Also, why does express pass cost more during the weekday than the weekend..?
Is it more busy at universal than disneyworld? What are the wait times like?

Thanks!

We are arriving that day. The parks should be fairly busy. Not like early august but still lots of people and hot! Definitely not as bust as disney, but still lots of people.

Express pass will help a lot. Spider-Man might have a 25 minute wait, but you'll wait instead 2-3 min. Lots of little things like that.how many of you are going? For the price of express pass for 3 or 4 you could get a room onsite and get free express pass.

Both of the Harry potter worlds will be fairly crowded, so best to hit them early. Or very very late. (But I think the parks are only open until 9).

You won't see everything, but you can see a lot in 1 day with express pass. We'll be staying 3 nights and taking it slow ourselves. Have fun!!

Frankie The Beer

We just got back recently from a quick trip to the parks and stayed at Portofino Bay for two nights, and with the resort express pass, its totally easy to get through both parks in a day if you're only doing the rides and you keep moving and don't redo them. Not the best way to experience the parks though and you are completely cheating yourself of the total experience, but its your vacation.

Jonathan Lin

Original Poster
We are arriving that day. The parks should be fairly busy. Not like early august but still lots of people and hot! Definitely not as bust as disney, but still lots of people.

Express pass will help a lot. Spider-Man might have a 25 minute wait, but you'll wait instead 2-3 min. Lots of little things like that.how many of you are going? For the price of express pass for 3 or 4 you could get a room onsite and get free express pass.

Both of the Harry potter worlds will be fairly crowded, so best to hit them early. Or very very late. (But I think the parks are only open until 9).

You won't see everything, but you can see a lot in 1 day with express pass. We'll be staying 3 nights and taking it slow ourselves. Have fun!!
2 people. Everything should be quick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom