Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
3h

Aerial overview of construction of the entrance of Epic Universe.1 Admission sales2,3 Sections of security and park entry4 Current status of the park's gateway arch
1694807633123.png

maxairmike

I’m a little surprised they wouldn’t space out security and the entrance gates a little more…unless the assumption on placement is off and it will be prior to the sales area.

Disneyhead'71

I’m a little surprised they wouldn’t space out security and the entrance gates a little more…unless the assumption on placement is off and it will be prior to the sales area.
Maybe, since they are going to be using facial recognition for entry, security and the entrance "turnstiles" will be done at the same time?

trr1

[URL='https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct'][/URL]
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
8h
Some of the highlights in aerial photos this weekend of Epic Universe are:- A completed pavement test- Exterior starting on in-park hotel- Theming started in Super Nintendo World
1695066194218.png
1695066205928.png
1695066220572.png

Aerial photo of what is believed to be a BBQ restaurant in Epic Universe. 1 and 2 at chimneys.
1695066283555.png

It's time to wave through the window at Epic Universe and say goodbye with this overview of the construction. Go on another aerial tour another day
1695066366990.png

Andrew25

Somehow Universal will get 3 hotels up in the sky faster than it takes WDW to fix a facade at Hollywood Studios.

(The Stella Nova hotel was just a dirt lot back in December.)

Surferboy567

I just had the absolute pleasure of experiencing Mario Kart in Hollywood. I was a pretty big critic of it when it first came out though the videos that were being released at the time. As a huge Nintendo fan, I was hoping for more of a faster ride and while I still would have liked it to move faster. I take back everything bad I said about that attraction. In person it is an incredible experience and the AR really sells the illusion.

celluloid

I just had the absolute pleasure of experiencing Mario Kart in Hollywood. I was a pretty big critic of it when it first came out though the videos that were being released at the time. As a huge Nintendo fan, I was hoping for more of a faster ride and while I still would have liked it to move faster. I take back everything bad I said about that attraction. In person it is an incredible experience and the AR really sells the illusion.

I think it was not working great for me. But what did help for me to love aspects of it was the finale. The rainbrow bridge climax is a wow moment I feel for just about any first-time rider at least. Very cool.

Surferboy567

I think it was not working great for me. But what did help for me to love aspects of it was the finale. The rainbrow bridge climax is a wow moment I feel for just about any first-time rider at least. Very cool.
No one realized there was a single rider line. I was able to experience it 5 times throughout the day. Also thought it was incredibly re-ridable.

The transition with Rainbow Road was incredible. I’ve been playing Mario kart basically my whole life and seeing rainbow road in real life so to speak was really cool.

rd805

My brother just returned too and said it is so much better than anything a youtube can show. I'm hopeful i get out to Cali in 2024 to experience myself!

J4546

I thought MK was meh at best but still a great looking land. its just soooo small and packed and cramped....all the mini games coin block things have lines that are messy....the land looks great but needs to cut capacity in half

Last edited:

Mike S

I thought it was meh but still a great looking land. its just soooo small and packed and cramped....all the mini games coin block things have lines that are messy....the land looks great but needs to cut capacity in half
The one here will be bigger and not just because of DK. Apparently it’ll have a bit more space than Japan too.

EricsBiscuit

Same here. It’s an incredible attraction. Very impressive set pieces.

EricsBiscuit

Sad to see that Universal might turn an amazing park into a convoluted madhouse with the open hub idea. The park should be restricted to paying guests only.

lazyboy97o

The one here will be bigger and not just because of DK. Apparently it’ll have a bit more space than Japan too.
Bit indeed. Probably won’t be noticeable.

Wasn’t that confirmed false long ago?
Not false so much as not happening. It was considered early on in the design process. There are weird delays with some information that gets out of Universal in that it comes out long after it is no longer relevant but is presented as current.

Andrew25

A full open hub concept is out of the question, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a land like SNW get the "After Hours" treatment while leaving the hub open for regular paying guests an extra hour or so.

Mike S

Bit indeed. Probably won’t be noticeable.
Yeah I think it was basically just the entrance warp pipe but I read it has an escalator inside it? That’s pretty noticeable.
Not false so much as not happening. It was considered early on in the design process. There are weird delays with some information that gets out of Universal in that it comes out long after it is no longer relevant but is presented as current.
Good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom