United Air lines

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Hey every one! I just booked my flight to MCO using United Air lines, I usually always use south west so I am curious does any one have any tips for me? I got a great deal !! Thank you!

rob0519

Be prepared to pay $25.00 for the first checked bag each way. If you're not checking a bag, not a problem. Southwest still doesn't charge checked baggage fees. The service may not be as friendly as it is on Southwest. Other than that, it's pretty much like any other flying steel tube.

rwdavis2

Be prepared to gate check your bag. They have some many groups of people(various frequent flier levels) board before just regular travelers the overhead bins can fill up.

NeverEnufDisney

Out of a large airport, probably no gate check will be required. I've flown United many times and it's nothing special and will get you there. Don't expect any extras such as Southwest's deal with Dish to view tv during the flight.

Plowboy

Be prepared to have United mess with your flight itinerary. One of the last trips we flew to MCO on United we were forced to change our outbound itinerary 3 (yes three!) times due to changes in layovers (some as brief as 15 minutes in connecting airports). If Southwest can set an itinerary and stick with it 6 months out I don't understand why United couldn't. Needless to say we don't fly United anymore.

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Be prepared to have United mess with your flight itinerary. One of the last trips we flew to MCO on United we were forced to change our outbound itinerary 3 (yes three!) times due to changes in layovers (some as brief as 15 minutes in connecting airports). If Southwest can set an itinerary and stick with it 6 months out I don't understand why United couldn't. Needless to say we don't fly United anymore.

Thank you for the tip! I hope this doesn't happen to me since I changed my flight from Monday night to Tuesday to save the extra money and I'm cutting into a day of my trip already :(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This. Change or cancel all together. Then they try to work you in on another flight.

NeverEnufDisney

I've flown United many times over the last few years and yes changes do happen a couple of times if you book 6 months or more out. The advantage I've found is I can then change that cheap flight with inconvenient times to a better situation. During the time between booking and the flight I keep an eye on the itinerary on their web site and if or rather when it changes I then decide whether to accept the changes or not.

OMG this JUST happened to me on Saturday. United decided to randomly cancel my flight to MCO and put me on a flight that was like 12 hours later. I called them as soon as I saw the email detailing the change, and they tried to charge me $50 a person to switch to a flight that put me in Florida around the same time I originally would have landed. Never. Flying. United. Again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom