Undercover tourist tickets and magic bands

drp4video

Original Poster
I have never used undercover tourist for tickets in the over 30 trips I have made to WDW. This trip they were a lot less and so today they arrived in the mail. I understand I can link them to my reservation at POFQ and then can make my FP+ ride reservations once the tickets are linked. My question is, once they are linked, are they permanently linked to my magic band (once that arrives), and if so, do I need to carry the ticket with me to the park if it will be linked to my magic band?

anchorman314

My question is, once they are linked, are they permanently linked to my magic band [...]
Yes and no. ;)
Tickets don't get linked to a Magic Band. Tickets, Magic Bands, and hotel reservations all get (separately) linked to your MDE profile. Basically, the Tickets and Magic Bands are just physical objects that "point" to your personal profile. Both the tickets and Magic Band do stay linked to your profile indefinitely, but you can go in and deactivate/remove them. (Though this isn't really necessary.) Since everything points to one central location, you don't need to carry the physical tickets with you. I've used UT at least 3 times, and have never had to show the physical ticket anywhere.

drp4video

Original Poster
Than
Yes and no. ;)
Tickets don't get linked to a Magic Band. Tickets, Magic Bands, and hotel reservations all get (separately) linked to your MDE profile. Basically, the Tickets and Magic Bands are just physical objects that "point" to your personal profile. Both the tickets and Magic Band do stay linked to your profile indefinitely, but you can go in and deactivate/remove them. (Though this isn't really necessary.) Since everything points to one central location, you don't need to carry the physical tickets with you. I've used UT at least 3 times, and have never had to show the physical ticket anywhere.
Thank you for the information!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom