Underage Smokers?

Dizneydude87

Original Poster
I was at Disney on last Tuesday, and there were a lot of smokers who looked like 13 and 13. Some maybe 14 and 15. My question is, what does Disney do about this? They were in the designated area and evreything, but do they report the underage smokers ar anything?

The_CEO

I know an 18 yr old thats pretty small for her age;) Dont think they were 14. :) If they were.. They cant really do anything i dont think..

gjpjtj

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
What do they care anyway?

Why do WE care? They're not hurting me, anymore than any other smoker. (This is coming from a "reformed" smoker...I know the struggle.):)

Erika

I see a LOT of extremely underage smokers, everywhere! It's very sad to see someone hooked at such a young age, knowing the struggle they face in the future. :(

Oh, but that's where you're wrong. They are hurting people. Maybe not directly, but they are. Second hand smoke kills more people in a year, then direct smoking.

DisJosh

Originally posted by Hyperion93
Oh, but that's where you're wrong. They are hurting people. Maybe not directly, but they are. Second hand smoke kills more people in a year, then direct smoking.

That's exactly why Disney has the designated smoking areas. Plus walking through one puff of cigarette smoke on your WDW vacation isn't likely to kill you.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Smoke yourself to death, but not me!

Originally posted by DisJosh

That's exactly why Disney has the designated smoking areas. Plus walking through one puff of cigarette smoke on your WDW vacation isn't likely to kill you.

People are being exposed involuntarily to a very dangerous and addictive drug (nicotine) against their will. Aside from the fact that cigarette smoke smells nasty, second hand smoke can cause ill health to some people even in an outdoor setting. Smoking is indefensible in any public place or private places (such as WDW) that invite public attendance.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
If I see them I'll ask them how old they are, and where they're from (some countries are more lenient than others). Then I'll inform them of the Florida law (in case an actual cop sees them) of $25 fine for the one they're smoking +$25 more for each other cigarette they have on their person

disneyisbest

Are you for real tiggerman? I was not aware it was so severe. I think it is a good thing though. I wish smoking would eventually phase out.

Erika

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Yeah. Plus they are hurting themselves. After seeing what my grandmother went through after years of smoking I would not dare start to smoke.

Oh, me too! I have lost so many family members to smoking (luckily, everyone left has quit). They all had very painful ends. It was so sad to see them that way.

Of course, I'm one to talk about health-- I just ate a good amount of raw cookie dough!

TravisMT81

I remember staying at OKW a couple years ago and waiting at the bust stop when this family comes up....mom dad son smoking. he looked about 14 if that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom