Uber from resort to Magic Kingdom

Sevenofeleven

Original Poster
Will Uber drivers take us from Pop Century directly to the MK front bus area- or to the TTC where we would have to catch the ferry?

What if we took Uber from Pop Century to the Contemporary and walked to MK?

correcaminos

Will Uber drivers take us from Pop Century directly to the MK front bus area- or to the TTC where we would have to catch the ferry?

What if we took Uber from Pop Century to the Contemporary and walked to MK?
they will take you to the TTC. You can get dropped off at Contemporary though.

ABQ

The "Minivans", the WDW run Lyft ones, do take you all the way to the bus area, but at a higher cost, of course, than Uber.

CaptainAmerica

The "Minivans", the WDW run Lyft ones, do take you all the way to the bus area, but at a higher cost, of course, than Uber.
It's not necessarily a higher cost depending on your family size and any cargo you're carrying. If you need even one car seat, the prices will be about the same, and you can't get an Uber with two car seats no matter how much you're willing to pay.

ABQ

It's not necessarily a higher cost depending on your family size and any cargo you're carrying. If you need even one car seat, the prices will be about the same, and you can't get an Uber with two car seats no matter how much you're willing to pay.
That's true, plus you know what you're getting vs random Uber/Lyft which, can be sketchy. I took the minivans to and from V&A's with my GF and we were very pleased.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

The Minnie Vans are a $25 flat fee for anywhere on site and you just call them from the Lyft app. You can also take a taxi if you wish and they'll even call one for you at the front desk of your resort. They do at deluxe resorts at least. There are Mears taxis outside the Contemporary and Poly all the time. We always go to La Cellier and leave the kids with the Pixar Play Zone now but used to leave them at Lilo's Playhouse til Disney (stupidly) closed it this summer but we took a Minnie Van from BLT to Beach Club and went in the back entrance of EPCOT and it was WAY quicker than waiting on the monorail but honestly $25 is pretty steep for such a short ride. The driver was a vet CM though and was super nice. I honestly just feel more comfortable with Disney drivers and especially if we had the kids with us.

LittleBuford

Don’t waste money on a Minnie Van; just take a regular Lyft or Uber to the Contemporary Resort, which is a short walk from the Magic Kingdom. You can use the same trick on the way back.

Last edited:

MrConbon

Uh, why not take the free busses that Disney provides that takes you all the way to the Magic Kingdom? Why even consider Uber?

trainplane3

I'll echo what some others are saying. Go to the Contemporary instead of the TTC. It's a 10 minute walk max to MKs entrance. You'll avoid waiting for the Monorail/Ferryboats that way. Besides, what's another 10 minutes of walking for a day where you'll be all over MK?

MrConbon

...because we are early birds on EMH and want the front of rope drop - a missed bus or two makes all the difference...

Busses start an hour before any of the parks open. When I stayed at the resorts, we would take the first bus and be one of the few people at the parks.

It’s honestly easier to just take the bus. You’ll get maybe 15-20 people ahead of you if your bus is slow or something. It’s not a big deal.

MOUSEGIRL

If we are not staying at the Contemporary we always take an uber/lyft/Taxi from our resort to the contemporary and walk to Magic Kingdom for rope drop. We get up really early and like to be one of the first in the park.

MrConbon

If we are not staying at the Contemporary we always take an uber/lyft/Taxi from our resort to the contemporary and walk to Magic Kingdom for rope drop. We get up really early and like to be one of the first in the park.

But busses can already take you to the park an hour before it opens. Why the need to spend extra money to get there 10 minutes earlier than the bus if the park is still not open? Everyone will still be waiting in the same area.

MOUSEGIRL

But busses can already take you to the park an hour before it opens. Why the need to spend extra money to get there 10 minutes earlier than the bus if the park is still not open? Everyone will still be waiting in the same area.
If the bus is late or there is a long line of people. We have waited 45 minutes for a bus getting to the bus stop 1 hour and 15 minutes before park was opening. I would rather spend $20 and know that I will be at the park when I want to be there. We usually only do this for Magic Kingdom. I feel luike if we have already spent $$$$$ on a trip what is another $20 to make sure we are one of the first in line.

aw14

We loved using the Minnie Vans when we were there last week. We used them specifically for Disney Springs, as the bus ride from Poly was long, and it was fun talking to the cast members. Its definitely a fun little service

crxbrett

...because we are early birds on EMH and want the front of rope drop - a missed bus or two makes all the difference...

I agree. I did this last year so I could be at the AK gates by 6:30am for rope drop at EMH. The DW buses did not even start running until 7am, so I wouldn't have even arrived until 30 min before rope drop. It paid off because I was 4th in line and got on FoP before 8am and with 0 wait (was first in line and 1st ride of the day for the theater I got). Had I taken the Disney bus, I would have probably been 100, maybe 200 back in line to get in and probably had to wait 30 minutes.

What people don't understand is that a bunch of others who drive their cars will be able to get to the park and beat out the people relying on the bus system. The parking lot opens at 6am, so people waiting on the bus could potentially get there 90 minutes after those who drove in themselves would. This is why an Uber or Lyft benefits you in this scenario (rope drop on an EMH morning).

So I know exactly what you mean. As they say now, "I feel ya."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom