Typhoon Lagoon closed today (June 8) due to unplanned maintenance

Bolt

Looks like thunderstorms are rolling in at Noon so I assume it was closing one way or another.

jt04

Couldn't an outdoor waterpark in Orlando be open like 350 days a year without putting a building over/around it? That's probably the difference.

Not anywhere near 350 if you count near daily partial closures in the summer due to lightening.

I just think there might be a market if it were offered.

Bolt

Not anywhere near 350 if you count near daily partial closures in the summer due to lightening.

I just think there might be a market if it were offered.
Hey kids, let's go down to sunny Florida and go to an indoor water park!

Things like Wisconsin Dells and Great Wolf do better in certain areas is because it's nice to drive to a water park in February in the Midwest when it's -15 degrees out. On a hot, sunny day I think people would choose a beach or something outdoors. You don't want to come back from a beach day with no tan.

ToTBellHop

Maybe, but not me. A water park already kind of feels like a giant bath with strangers, I think it being indoor would make that worse.
Indoor water parks are gross.

People go to Florida to be outside in the sun. Even if it does sometimes rain. The fact that this week has been particularly rainy does not change the fact that people go to Florida for sun.

5thGenTexan

Caddyshack%20Pool%20(01).jpg

jt04

How about retractable roofs over roller coasters too!!! They're super cheap!

They can be done inexpensively enough to justify the cost I think. Remember that many water slides are already enclosed and can be external to the structure. Just thinking outside the box.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom