Two hotels during one trip?

LizLovesDisney

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has ever switched hotels during their vacation? With the possibility of the codes coming out soon we are considering an extended stay. Instead of just going for 6 nights to CBR or an upgrade of 6 to the WL, we want to do a 7 night trip with 4 nights at the CBR and 3 nights at the WL.

Can this be done?
Will Disney take your luggage over to the other hotel and at any expense?
Is it a good idea?

Finally has anybody booked the WL with the new codes and if you could tell me what price did you get after tax for the WL?

Thank you all every much!!!

Erika

We have not done this yet ourselves, but from what I understand Disney will move your luggage for you at no cost.

Happy planning :wave:
We're thinking of hopping over to ALK after a few nights at one of the Values on our next trip.

Upvote 0

ImaginEAR

Yes, Disney will move your luggage for you at no cost. It's nice to tip though. Just remember that your luggage may or may not be at the resort before 2:00 or 3:00ish. We did Beach Club to the BoardWalk and it worked great!

Upvote 0

DCL

Yep... they move your luggage for you.. and at no extra cost! I'm going to be making good use of this service when I go down in June. I'm actually switching hotels twice... in 7 nights.. haha that seems pretty crazy to me.

I've switched hotels during my stay a few times, and our luggage has been moved everytime, without a problem.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I've always had good luck with this too...most recently last week going from Pop Century to Contemporary, and back to POP again!

Call Bell services to pick your bags up at your room and take them to your next resort. Some resorts like a call the night before to schedule your pickup, while the full service places just need a 5 minute notice to pick up your stuff at the room. Some resorts do not even require you to be in your room when they pick up the bags. Check with Guest Services at each resort.

This is also the same with getting your bags after they have been delivered to the Resort. Some Hotels will deliver the bags right to your room when they arrive, and others will require you to call for your bags once you are back in your room. Again, because it seems to vary, its best to check with your Resorts.

The only thing worth repeating is that the luggage "arrival" time at your next Hotel is quoted as being between 3 and 4PM, so if you need anything from your bags (like rain ponchos or medication) be sure to grab it out before they pick up your bags.

Standard tipping for Bell Services is $1 per bag.

HAVE FUN!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ncbyrne

DH and I love to resort hop! In the past we have taken 14-16day trips and switched hotels three times, including offsite for non-WDW days. However, the new package plan and dining option seem perfect for us, and I'm wondering if you can stay at two moderates on a pkg? I can't seem to find any information about it.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Last time I went; we switched. We stayed two nites at PORiverside and three at Wilderness Lodge. (but we were three adults) When my boys were little, I don't know if I would have tried it. Now that they are old enough to hold their own, I would consider it; if for nothing else to experience a different resort. (My goal is to one day have stayed at ALL the resorts)

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

We have also switched resorts many times. I would like to stress the point that you should tell Bell Services the night before to make a note of your plans to have your luggage transferred, then when you call for the bellman in the morning remind them again of your plans. When the bellman gets to your room, tell him once again where your bags are going and then tip him well. Your bags will arrive mid to late afternoon and you will have to call down to bell services to have them delivered. I guess what I am saying is better safe than sorry!!

Upvote 0
One more note about changing rooms. Bell Services can refridgerate some of your bags. This was important to us because we moved from one DVC room to another, and we didn't want to waste our food. Bell Services does not discriminate (DVC vs. non-DVC), so if you have some food in your fridge you wish to save, I'm sure they can accomodate you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom