TSMM! Game Update for Toy Story 3?

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Theres a rumor floating around that the Bo Peeps Balloon Pop game in Toy Story Midway Mania! would be replaced with a Toy Story 3 game.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...-project-tracker-viii-126.html#post1055668892

DisneyLD
It is rumored that the Bo Peeps Balloon Pop game is being replaced by a game promoting Toy Story 3.
That's all I can say, feel free to speculate the rest.
Again, this is info passed onto me from a reliable source, and this is always subject to change. The way Disney has been promoting its upcoming movies in the parks (Princess and the Frog anyone?) I'm sure this will happen.
I believe DisneyLD is also the one who first reported that Ghost Galaxy would be coming to Space.:cool:

It certainly seems feasible to happen with DLR's great track record of seasonal overlays to so many attractions(Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion Holiday, it's a small world holiday, Halloween/Reindeer/Winter Roundups).

Then well just need Halloween and Christmas ones and DCA can finally have a seasonal attraction to go along with DL's line up. Then also count in what WOC can bring in, in terms of seasonal shows.

Grain of salt:wave:

sponono88

Change is good.. keeps the ride fresh. Though I will miss the Bo Beep game - this is the one with the water balloons that pop, right?

I still wish we could get the Christmas and Halloween-themed games!

nemofinder22

Original Poster
The Toy Story 3 game rumors are gaining some steam...as are the Holiday ones are too.

See the full article at the link-
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/03/blue-sky-buzz-toy-story-four.html
Come this summer, there will be something else though. When a new Toy Story film comes out on June 18th there will be an exciting surprise waiting for those in line to ride the attraction. New games. That's right, when you go inside to ride Mania after TS3 opens there will be whole new games to enjoy. The Imagineers have created a whole new collection of things to shoot with those pull string cannons for you to enjoy. It's also a way for Disney to test the strength's of the old games and see which ones fans like and which ones could just go away. There are no plans yet as to when they'll go away. It depends on how long those lines grow and how much time guest have to wait before a decision will be made to return the attraction to its original games. Should they prove popular, it could be quite sometime before you see them return.

As for a decision on the Christmas/Holiday overlay, that hasn't happened yet. It's unclear if there will be one starting this year or if they'll hold off through the expansion until next year, but it is coming.

Until then, bide your time until the new overlay takes place this summer...

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Certainly hope it's being thought of for WDW, too.:lookaroun

It better be headed to DHS too although the blog never once mentions DHS.... I dont want to be in WDW this summer and miss out, well I might be missing out on WOC though:(:cry:.

Its going to be a great summer for DCA, World of Color, possiable New games at TSMM!, and the opening of Silly Symthony Swings:sohappy: and we can probably expect to see Blue Sky Cellar get an update after WOC opens.

From Jim Hill, he mentions Disney Parks! :)hurl:to the Disney Parks branding) but we have hope!:ROFLOL:
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2010/02/19/an-olympic-sized-why-for.aspx
Take – for example – Sunday’s “Toy Story 3” preview at Gotham Hall. As Mary Beech (i.e. Vice President and General Manager of Global Studio Franchise Development for Disney Consumer Products) talked about all the wonderful things that are in the works to promote this Pixar sequel, she let slip that a “Toy Story 3” overlay is in the works for the “Toy Story Mania!” attractions at the Disney Parks.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Not sure how true, but adding some more fuel to some game changes this time for Halloween games being added to TSMM! during HalloweenTime. Halloween parade would be welcomed too!

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm
Park News - (3/17/10) Screamscape has heard a rumor that Disneyland may be adding some kind of new special Halloween parade this fall as part of this year’s event. The return of Ghost Galaxy is all but confirmed at this point for Disneyland along with other proposals such as adding new Halloween themed games to Toy Story Mania at DCA and more.

sponono88

Not sure how true, but adding some more fuel to some game changes this time for Halloween games being added to TSMM! during HalloweenTime. Halloween parade would be welcomed too!

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm

that's good to hear! even though it's screamscape reporting, it still makes me happy to hear they're considering a new halloween parade.

TSMM halloween games would be great additions to DCA's Halloween Time -- and next year you could also add a Halloween-themed WoC show! ;)

nemofinder22

Original Poster
that's good to hear! even though it's screamscape reporting, it still makes me happy to hear they're considering a new halloween parade.

TSMM halloween games would be great additions to DCA's Halloween Time -- and next year you could also add a Halloween-themed WoC show! ;)

TSMM! and WOC themed Halloween and Christmas would be great for DCA to finally have some full fledged seasonal attraction/show overlays to compete out with DL's.

I do hope that the Halloween parade comes true.

sponono88

MintCrocodile is reporting that Toy Story Midway Mania will have a 2-hour delayed opening at DCA through April 23.

possibly a hint of new games coming soon?

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Edit from The Disney Parks Blog-

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ry-3-character-coming-to-disney-parks-in-may/

More big news to share today…a new game with new faces is being added to Toy Story Mania! at Disney’s California Adventure and Disney’s Hollywood Studios as part of the celebration of the soon-to-be-released Disney*Pixar film, “Toy Story 3.” We’re also introducing a new character that you’ll have a chance to see and greet at both locations –- and it’s all happening in May.

And now Inside the Magic is reporting that Disney has made it official.

http://www./2010/04/new-toy-story-m...s-hollywood-studios-and-california-adventure/

Now, in May, a new set of virtual darts will be flying at new balloon targets set in a “primeval world filled with volcanoes and lava balloons.” The stars of the new game are Toy Story’s Rex and a new character from Toy Story 3, Trixie (a blue Triceratops). It is also said that the game will feature “some hidden surprises.”

sponono88

yep! It's been confirmed by the Disney Parks Blog:

ddg800115SMALL.jpg

The new Toy Story Mania! game, called “Rex and Trixie’s Dino Darts,” will involve shooting virtual darts at all new balloon targets in a primeval world filled with volcanoes and lava balloons. You’ll be cheered on by Rex (the nervous Tyrannosaurus rex) and his new friend Trixie (a blue Triceratops, one of the toy characters from the new film) beginning in late May. Walt Disney Imagineering has also added some hidden surprises to the game that will be replacing “Bo Peep’s Baaa-loon Pop.”

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/04/new-toy-story-mania-game-toy-story-3-character-coming-to-disney-parks-in-may/

Also, Lotso will be joining the Pixar Play Parade starting May 9th! :)

sponono88

Now if they would added Wall-E and Up we'd really be set, same goes for returning the Ratatouille float.

Last I heard the Ratatouille float will be returning in the Summer. Not sure why it was removed, but hopefully it comes back soon.

would be nice to see Wall-E and Up. They already have the character costumes from the Up pre-parade - they could easily add them to PPP :shrug:

oh and looks like DisneyLD was right again :)

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Video of Lotso in the parade, looks like the Green Army Men have been moved to the middle of the Toy Story unit and their truck has been added as well.

Video by Mintcrocodile-

[youtube]mfj8O_BmWEs[/youtube]

Love that Lotso got his own float, much better than just adding him and making him walk...

I really wish UP and Wall-E can be permanently added to the parade. Hopefully the Ratatouille unit is set to come back in the summer.

sponono88

CM magazine, The Disneyland Line, doesn't provide a date for the new game.. but it does share a bit of info regarding the update:

"Guests will also find Easter eggs (hidden bonus targets), a new system to display high scores plus a few other surprises"

Also, the article says installing a new game isn't as easy as flipping a switch. Besides working on a very tight timeline, they have to collaborate with a wide range of partners from Pixar and WDI - including "writers, creative, animators, software engineers, and others."

sponono88

Dateline Disneyland has pictures of the TSMM updates -

The new poster is up in the queue

IMG_7916.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

The Top Score screen has been updated to include a Best in Vehicle score

IMG_7166.jpg

Finally, game posters have been added to the wall as the vehicles head back to the load station

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom