1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

trying to extend my hotel

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by thomas 1975, May 5, 2017.

1. thomas 1975

thomas 1975 New Member

i booked my hotel through a travel agent for september at the pop century but i wanted to add on another day. disney said that i have to go through the travel agent. the travel agent said that the pop century was booked solid. but when i check it always shows that there are rooms available. what do you think. should i make a separate reservation for just the one night.

2. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Is your existing reservation one with either a promo (free dining) or rate discount? That could be why your TA is saying the resort is booked (no rooms with those options left), but you're seeing availability online. If you make an additional reservation, make sure to let Disney travel know to connect the two (a continuing reservation is what I believe they call it), so you won't have to switch rooms. You will still need to check out from the first, and check in for the second. We did this at the GF last year - even received a phone call reminding me to go to the front desk to check out/check in. It was no biggie to do.

littleroo likes this.
  3. maflynn

maflynn Well-Known Member

Any changes for your vacation will need to flow through the travel agent.

4. Jess G

Jess G Well-Known Member

Did you ask your TA flat out why she would show no availability since you're clearly seeing it on the website? Even if you booked with a discount or promo that isn't available for another night you would think she would want your business and would want you to stay longer and go over all your options. I would either book it myself assuming they don't want to help or have @Kingdom Konsultant help with your last night with a separate reservation. Disney usually doesn't make you switch rooms if it is the same type of booking.

Kingdom Konsultant and littleroo like this.
  5. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

Are you trying to add a day at the end or beginning of your trip?

6. 22YrsDVC

22YrsDVC Active Member

Travel agents are a dying breed, I was once one myself in the good old days when Pan Am was flying. The internet has changed many things, but not the fact that just because you see a booking available one second, it doesn't mean it's there the next.
    By all means, check back with your agent and ask what's going on. But also take all of the other advice above. Bon chance!

7. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

My business, my colleagues, and many recent news articles say differently.

8. Kingdom Konsultant

Kingdom Konsultant WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor Premium Member WDWMAGIC Sponsor

I agree with @DisneyJoe. While many brick and mortars may have suffered in the past, home based agencies are doing quite well.
    @thomas 1975 feel free to pm me or pop me an email if you need help

Pam