Tropical Storm Hanna May Hit Flordia

E102_Gamma

Original Poster
Been looking at the weather lately, and I seem to noticed that Tropical Storm Hanna is has a predicted path into hitting Florida. I check the National Hurricane Center website and saw the current projected path of the time of this Thread Starting. I am not drawing conclusions yet, but I would keep this under consideration if you are going down there soon, or already down there.

Here is the link to the National Hurricane Center tracking Tropical Storm Hanna
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at3.shtml?5day

Like I said, the current projected path may change, so don't take this too seriously yet! :D
E102GammaBar.png

PhotoDave219

Um, the projected path does NOT have it hitting Florida.

Florida is within the cone of uncertainty. Its nowhere near the center of the official forecast. The storm is predicted to hit the Islands to the east of Florida.

at200808_5day.gif

E102_Gamma

Original Poster
^^^ You don't have to mean about it man, I said it MAY hit Florida, and I did mention that it could change at anytime, so please, stop the flamming and lighten up...:(

wbt06

Trust me everyone in florida knows the the projected path means nothing becouse the storms never do what is projected. so it is a good thing to keep an eye on

Panhead

Florida is within the cone of uncertainty. Its nowhere near the center of the official forecast. The storm is predicted to hit the Islands to the east of Florida.

The projected DOES have it coming to Florida. The projected path is anywhere inside the "Cone of uncertainty". Just because it's not in the direct center of the cone does not mean thats not where it will go. The storm can turn at any moment.

I just hope this storm stays away, im going to "Rock The Universe" Friday evening.

-Chris-

Kman101

Well, considering the path this morning or yesterday had it turning towards Cuba and now has it back going past Florida, it can and WILL change so until it passes Florida, it could still hit us. We just have to be ready and understand that projected means nothing. Things change. It's weather! And PhotoDave there was no need, in my opinion, to be so rude about it.

d43boy

So lets stop screaming the sky is falling until you have a clue of what you are talking about.

at200808_5day.gif

WOW....someone needs to relax.

Perhaps the OP was concerned and looking out for fellow Disney fans who will be at WDW? Geez louise! As a veteran poster, you should help to set the tone of this board and friendly and welcoming it is NOT, because of responses like that. No wonder people are scared to death of posting anything new! Yikes!

The Mom

Premium Member
If you disagree with something that is posted, you may certainly say so....but in a polite way. Snide remarks and name calling are uncalled for.

Carry on. :)

PhotoDave219

^^^ You don't have to mean about it man, I said it MAY hit Florida, and I did mention that it could change at anytime, so please, stop the flamming and lighten up...:(

Yes i do. This is a very informative Disney site with a good reputation for the quality of its information.

So don't be like a local TV station and insight rumors and panic needlessly. Its totally irresponsible.

E102_Gamma

Original Poster
Yes i do. This is a very informative Disney site with a good reputation for the quality of its information.

So don't be like a local TV station and insight rumors and panic needlessly. Its totally irresponsible.

Are you serious...? You know, I through I was being a helpful person and giving some decent info, and you come out with a flamethrower and burn me without even giving me a chance...its people like you that I don't post much on this forum anymore...:mad:

You know, d43boy is right...
Perhaps the OP was concerned and looking out for fellow Disney fans who will be at WDW? Geez louise! As a veteran poster, you should help to set the tone of this board and friendly and welcoming it is NOT, because of responses like that. No wonder people are scared to death of posting anything new! Yikes!

You seriously, in all due respects...need to chill :cool:

SeaBreeze

Is it possible to merge this thread with the other two we already have started on Hanna?

(I'm not trying to be rude at all; just seems more convenient to put them together)

Cinderellylove

I PRAY FOR PEACE IN THIS THREAD:) God loves us all, no need to argue. ONTO the important things:) Thanks by the way for your report. and everyones report. I think we all need to be in one accord on this, as if your like me- we leave the 6th! And I have enough pressure as it is to read negativity.
SO. anyone with any new updates. Any advice of our trip? We leave this Sat. morning, and not only concerned for Hanna and where its going, but also Gustav. It might be flooding here in Dallas!
Does anyone have time frames when it will hit?

Menpell

We leave Saturday morning for WDW too!! From the reports I've seen, Hanna will be well past Florida by Saturday. We may have rain on Saturday as the back end of the storm lingers in Florida. But I think we're ok! I am still glued to the weather stations and websites. If anyone has any other information please let me know. I am a bit worried, not for the rain when we arrive, but about our flight being affected.

Cinderellylove

EXACTLY mepel. Me too. My flight because of Gustov first/ then arriving in Fl. with possible delays worries me. I have a 9 yr old and IT WONT BE FUN!
I have no updates at this time myself. Just watching weather etc. they just tend to be brief as they are all focusing on Gustov.
Where r yall staying?:wave:

Rabflmom

I PRAY FOR PEACE IN THIS THREAD:) God loves us all, no need to argue. ONTO the important things:) Thanks by the way for your report. and everyones report. I think we all need to be in one accord on this, as if your like me- we leave the 6th! And I have enough pressure as it is to read negativity.
SO. anyone with any new updates. Any advice of our trip? We leave this Sat. morning, and not only concerned for Hanna and where its going, but also Gustav. It might be flooding here in Dallas!
Does anyone have time frames when it will hit?
>>>>>>

Basically I think you are pretty safe if you aren't even flying in till the 6th. It should be gone by then unless it decides to make a left over Central Florida which it isn't predicted to do.

I am thinking it may be a little windy when I fly out Thursday morning(the 4th), but hoping it is still South of Central Florida and not sending too much this way. As a veteran I say Hanna is not going to be a threat to you. If anything it will only be a cat 1 or still a TS off shore and probably won't even send a lot of rain bands over Orlando. So just enjoy your trip.
Even if it should come in as a cat one here on the East central Florida coast it will lose its speed and not be much in the Orlando area except a possible rainy day.

Cinderellylove

AWESOME report. Thanks for cheering me up!
Im just watching and making sure were good. NOW It looks like more producing out there! UGH! I know its hurrican season, but just wnating this trip to be perfect.
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY

dmagickingdom

I would have to agree with most everyone on here. As an avid follower of weather, there is great need to be concerned with any storm approaching, even if it is outside the cone. The obvious reasons would be a direct hit causing floods and wind damage. The commonly overlooked reasons to be concerned would be the feeder bands which often extend a couple hundred miles outside of the cone. These feeder bands often rival the wind damage done by a direct hit. The reason is because the feeder bands spawn the most tornadoes and heavy cloud to ground lightning. Not to mention, occasional heavy rain. So, even two hundred miles off of the east coast of Florida could cause significant isolated damage.

So, in conclusion I believe it was responsible to post a thread to inform some that may not keep up with Florida weather. It could potentially damper a Disney trip for someone that does not want to trek through the park while feeder bands extend causing periodically high wind gusts and constant tornado warnings.

You will notice if you stay on here long enough, you can't argue with SOME the veteran members on here. It's a lost cause.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom