Tron Lightcycle Run with an ortho boot

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey there hi there ho there...
Older daughter Slapperina recently had foot surgery. We'll be visiting wdw while she's still recuperating with crutches and an orthopedic boot. Didn't know if Tron would be problematic, especially if the ride's motion might involve shifting weight onto her foot during curves. If anyone's been on can you describe whether or not you'd think it'd be a problem with an injured foot? Thanks in advance. You're swell.

lazyboy97o

There is a test seat out front she could try beforehand.

The last row of some of the trains has traditional seating. She could play it safe and request one of these seats.

Her doctor though would have the best advice.

Laura

Premium Member
Hey there hi there ho there...
Older daughter Slapperina recently had foot surgery. We'll be visiting wdw while she's still recuperating with crutches and an orthopedic boot. Didn't know if Tron would be problematic, especially if the ride's motion might involve shifting weight onto her foot during curves. If anyone's been on can you describe whether or not you'd think it'd be a problem with an injured foot? Thanks in advance. You're swell.

I feel like it would be near impossible to sit in the regular ride vehicle with one.

IMG_3764.jpeg

But I don’t see why she can’t sit in the back row with the modified seats.

vikescaper

Having walked around in one of those things for almost an entire summer, I think it would be hard to fit in on one of the regular seats. Depending on the side of the vehicle she is on, she may have to lift the boot over the seat.

DisneyFanatic12

As long as you sit in the traditional / lap bar seats, you’ll be fine. The ride is quite smooth and is similar to Slinky Dog Dash in g-forces. Outside of the launch (which doesn’t even throw you back that much), there are no turns on the ride that’ll be too difficult to handle. You’ll have to try a little to keep the foot off the ground or to keep the foot from hitting anything (though that isn’t too hard to do), but my sister rode with a broken foot and was just fine.

At the end of the day, you’ll more than likely have no issues at all going on the ride, but it’s up to your daughter and how comfortable she is with it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom