Trip to WDW and Uni. Need a little help

DisneyFreak721

Original Poster
I am planning a trip for myself and several of my friends in 2004 (yes, I am very early and I am aware of this) to Disney for a week, and then Universal for about 3 or 4 days after that. We are going to stay at an all-star, but then we were gonna switch to a Universal Hotel, mainly for the Universal Express privelage. so, I have a couple of questions. First of all, there is the hotel. I know there are 3, but which one is the best to stay at? and Secondly, That whole Universal Express thing sounds so easy, there has to be more too it besides just showing your room key and getting let in. Especially on rides like Spiderman which sometimes have 4 hour waits. Please, I need more info!

foxfire

Well I'm not sure about the Universal hotels as I've yet to stay there. Universal Express is great, you can use it with your room key or admission ticket. You go to one of the ticket stations by the ride, scan your card, and pick which attraction you want a fast pass...er, Express Pass =P, for, and the time you want it. Then you go on the Express Pass line and go past the regular line. It's usually faster, but if the lines have 10-15 min. waits it just about balances out.

Luau Cove

I think the best hotel I've been (not stayed) was the Hard Rock Hotel, which if you like music, as I do, you'll be delighted. It's a very original resort, and something you won't find in Disney World. However, I think Universal Florida doesn't deserve more than 2 days and a half. I did both parks in one day and half once, and I rode almost all the attractions, seriously. Spend that time at Disney where you have much more options.

-->LUAU

Malc

Both Universal parks are great, but you only need one day in each and the front of queue stuff is not that necessary. My family of six managed each in one day in early August (very busy) last year - and is was our first visit. Get an early start and use the Fast Pass, you can't go wrong.

DanStat

Portifino

I liked Portifino Bay for the class. But, Hard Rock was good because of the music! :sohappy:

(But nothing beats Disney! ;) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom