Trip Report... Just Ended December 13th

Not sure if this is the right place, but I've always read Trip Reports and thought I'd post mine!

We stayed at the Polynesian with my sister's family and my parents. Unlike years past, the pools stayed open even as the temperatures fell to a high of mid-60s during the day, much to the delight of my kids from Pennsylvania who wanted to do the Volcano Pool. Very nice!

The Million Dreams thing is awesome, or we're just an incredibly lucky family. On Saturday, four of us were "tapped" in the waiting room of the R'N'R Coaster and given wristbands, told to get to the Indiana Jones show at closing. Well, a rock concert and pep rally with Mickey and Minnie later, about 1000-1500 people were let go into MGM, which was open 90 minutes more just for us! WOW! To top it off, we watched the space shuttle launch from in front of the hat. Very cool.

The next day all 10 of us were standing in the cue at the TeaCups when we were again "tapped." This time, my entire family (and the family in front of us) were given Dream Fast Passes for the MK, one pass per person for each line! WOW! Amazing how they do it.... the Million Dreams Castmember came up really quickly, really quietly, made us feel like Lottery Winners, and by the time the family behind us noticed and started asking for their passes - POOF! - he was outta there!

We got $$$$ offers all day from people for our passes, and are amazed to find them selling for $40 on Ebay, which is wierd because they expire after one day.....

Went to O'Hanas, Cinderellas Castle (my nieces really liked that), and the Crystal Palace.. downer - my wife got food poisoning (we think) at Alfredo's. Up all night in the Polynesian Bathroom. Yuck.

Only downer....... WDW needs to start doing more pre-emptive maintenance, because in one day we had breakdowns at Space Mountain (2 x in one day), Buzz Lightyear, Big Thunder, and even freaking TTA, where we sat in the dark for 20 minutes while they tried to restart it. We also got caught on Pooh for 25 minutes at the "Rain Rain Rain came Down Down Down" part.... the real downer was when all the lights came on and my 2 kids saw how everything "worked." Killed a lot of magic that day. :mad:

Contrary to what I've read, I think the new Nemo thing at the Seas is awesome, especially the EAC turtle part. On the contrary, what's the fuss about Everest? Been there, done that, give me Aerosmith thank you!

Be back again for a conference (my job is tough) in 4 weeks!

Not sure if this is the right place, but I've always read Trip Reports and thought I'd post mine!

We stayed at the Polynesian with my sister's family and my parents. Unlike years past, the pools stayed open even as the temperatures fell to a high of mid-60s during the day, much to the delight of my kids from Pennsylvania who wanted to do the Volcano Pool. Very nice!

The Million Dreams thing is awesome, or we're just an incredibly lucky family. On Saturday, four of us were "tapped" in the waiting room of the R'N'R Coaster and given wristbands, told to get to the Indiana Jones show at closing. Well, a rock concert and pep rally with Mickey and Minnie later, about 1000-1500 people were let go into MGM, which was open 90 minutes more just for us! WOW! To top it off, we watched the space shuttle launch from in front of the hat. Very cool.

The next day all 10 of us were standing in the cue at the TeaCups when we were again "tapped." This time, my entire family (and the family in front of us) were given Dream Fast Passes for the MK, one pass per person for each line! WOW! Amazing how they do it.... the Million Dreams Castmember came up really quickly, really quietly, made us feel like Lottery Winners, and by the time the family behind us noticed and started asking for their passes - POOF! - he was outta there!

We got $$$$ offers all day from people for our passes, and are amazed to find them selling for $40 on Ebay, which is wierd because they expire after one day.....

Went to O'Hanas, Cinderellas Castle (my nieces really liked that), and the Crystal Palace.. downer - my wife got food poisoning (we think) at Alfredo's. Up all night in the Polynesian Bathroom. Yuck.

Only downer....... WDW needs to start doing more pre-emptive maintenance, because in one day we had breakdowns at Space Mountain (2 x in one day), Buzz Lightyear, Big Thunder, and even freaking TTA, where we sat in the dark for 20 minutes while they tried to restart it. We also got caught on Pooh for 25 minutes at the "Rain Rain Rain came Down Down Down" part.... the real downer was when all the lights came on and my 2 kids saw how everything "worked." Killed a lot of magic that day. :mad:

Contrary to what I've read, I think the new Nemo thing at the Seas is awesome, especially the EAC turtle part. On the contrary, what's the fuss about Everest? Been there, done that, give me Aerosmith thank you!

Be back again for a conference (my job is tough) in 4 weeks!

I'm really excited to see the Sea with Nemo and Friends.

lol and a comment on you getting stuck on "the rain rain rain came down down down", I sure hope that song wasn't playing the whole time. I mean don't get me wrong I like it and all but...wow....I would have gone insane. :hammer:

It sounds like you had a pretty good trip. I am pretty excited about the Year of a Million Dreams celebration and those dream fastpasses. I can't wait to get back to Disney!!!

"In the future packages will be sent to distant worlds through beams of light."

disneyfourme

The Million Dreams thing is awesome, or we're just an incredibly lucky family.
Yes you are a very lucky family!! We were there 12/1 - 12/10 and didn't get any (official) magic moments!:( We noticed every day people with those special fast passes but we never were one of the lucky ones. We even stood out at night as we decorated our buggy with battery operated flashing Christmas lights, garland and bells!! Tons of CMs and guests told us how cool that was and how original but obviously luck wasn't with us! :) We still had a magical vacation, as we do each time we go. It was the first time for us to use the dining plan and to go during Christmas. Both were overwhelming. The value of the dining plan was great but after the third day my daughter asked if we "had" to get dessert. Wish they would do something about those big sit down meals like perhaps offer a plan with fewer of them and more counter service. My 9 and 4 year olds could of easily shared meals most days instead of wasting so much food. The Christmas decorations and activities were great! We did the MVMCP and it was awesome too. Going to Epcot for the Candelight Processional and MGM for the dancing lights.. just breathtaking! I would recommend that everyone experience Disney in December even just once. Its hard coming back now and getting ready for the holidays which are fast approaching but man was it worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom