Trip Report. 6/21-6/26

Took our 15 month old for his first trip. We didn’t know how it was gonna go over, especially with meeting the characters up close but he loved all of them! It was purely magical. Had a lot of rain due to Tropical Storm Debby but we didn’t let it slow us down. Couple of highlights…

- Holy cow I forgot how wonderful the shakes are at The Plaza
- This was the first time I can remember facades on Main Street being so eye catching. You can’t even take pictures of the castle (looking down Main Street) without the big bulging bakery façade getting in the way.
- Cast member encounters were all across the spectrum.
The good ones – We couldn’t make it on the monorail with our stroller at the Polynesian (too many people) so one of the monorail guys gave us a special fast past ticket to any attraction of our choice at MK. Very cool.

One of the Main Street performers let our little one play with his blue flag which really made him happy! The cast member really took the time and we were very touched by that.

Wonderful server at Crystal Palace. Sweet lady with a great sense of humor. Amazing how much of a difference that can make.

Bad ones – Walking towards Nemo with the stroller. As we approach a young castmember staring at us I’m waiting for him to say “Good morning” or something but all we get is “STROLLERS GO BEHIND THE ROCK!” Thanks for spreading the magic, dude.

My wife was looking for a baby changing station and asked a female cast member who didn’t speak English. Really? I’m all for diversity but come on you have to at least speak English.

- Art of Animation resort really is cool. We ate at Landscape of Flavors and were very impressed with the vast array of food options. I got the “create your own pasta” which seemed to be great until I discovered that the chicken was dark meat which blew me away. Some pieces had so much grizzle that they weren’t even edible. It was nice to eat with real utensils (no plastic) and bowls. Prices were certainly not cheap though.
- Isn’t it time for new monorails?
- Sure wish they offered Fast Pass at Epcot for the Character Spot. The wait was always at least 50 min.
- Still can’t get used to entering Small World thru what used to be the exit.
- Ate dinner at O’hana and apparently their was some sort of dishwashing issue because everything was served on plastic plates. We even had plastic silverware and cups. Server was apologetic. Would have been nice to get a little discount on the meal but they didn’t offer. I was gonna push it with the server but chose not too.
- New monorail voice is totally void of life. Too bad the other guy’s contract wasn’t renewed.
- Got tired of seeing 13 year old girls wearing the shortest jean shorts I’d ever seen. Time for a dress code? I’m not thrilled about overly large men in sleeveless t-shirts either.
- Majority of the Disney t-shirts I saw still are awful quality with the necks all stretched out. ::sigh::
- The World Of Disney is just CHAOS. No other way to put it. When is the best time to go? We love the store but it’s getting to the point where it’s almost not worth it. Can’t even maneuver in there.
- Anyone else marvel at how clean the castle always looks?
- Forgot to get a Dole Whip. Ahhhhhh!!!

ExtinctJenn

Took our 15 month old for his first trip. We didn’t know how it was gonna go over, especially with meeting the characters up close but he loved all of them! It was purely magical.
DS6's first visit was at 10 months and we had the same experience. Magical is the best word isn't it?

As we approach a young castmember staring at us I’m waiting for him to say “Good morning” or something but all we get is “STROLLERS GO BEHIND THE ROCK!” Thanks for spreading the magic, dude.
Ahhh yes... love those. We had a similar experience when my husband took a non-flash photo of the inside of the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor queue. What the what?

My wife was looking for a baby changing station and asked a female cast member who didn’t speak English. Really? I’m all for diversity but come on you have to at least speak English.
I thought that was actually a requirement of employment with Disney. That's odd.

This cracks me up because it is so true!

- New monorail voice is totally void of life.
This really disappoints me. I keep hearing about this and to me, it was a big mistake not to make sure that they got someone with a better sense of excitement or at least a sense of life. To me, the monorail ride (especially from the T&TC) is the start of the magic.

- Got tired of seeing 13 year old girls wearing the shortest jean shorts I’d ever seen. Time for a dress code?
I could not agree more but I can totally see that turning into a nightmare. It's already hard enough for them to keep the wedding dresses and costumes out... can you imagine if they then had to have a ruler at the entrance to measure the length of someone's shorts?

The World Of Disney is just CHAOS. No other way to put it. When is the best time to go?
Tuesday-Thursday :)

Anyone else marvel at how clean the castle always looks?
It is incredible isn't it? The only time I've not been impressed with the castle was when it was a birthday cake and right after it was repainted a couple years back and looked pink. LOL!

Ex-Floridian

DS6's first visit was at 10 months and we had the same experience. Magical is the best word isn't it?

Ahhh yes... love those. We had a similar experience when my husband took a non-flash photo of the inside of the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor queue. What the what?

Disney used to be the cream of the crop for service. However, considering the age of the CM, don't y'all work with younger adults who equally do as LEAST as possible?

Sad but true....

I thought that was actually a requirement of employment with Disney. That's odd.

You never know. This CM could be a normal EPCOT CM and had to swap out with someone. I am sure the CM Sups knew...

This cracks me up because it is so true!

This really disappoints me. I keep hearing about this and to me, it was a big mistake not to make sure that they got someone with a better sense of excitement or at least a sense of life. To me, the monorail ride (especially from the T&TC) is the start of the magic.

I could not agree more but I can totally see that turning into a nightmare. It's already hard enough for them to keep the wedding dresses and costumes out... can you imagine if they then had to have a ruler at the entrance to measure the length of someone's shorts?

Have you guys been in the stores? That's all they sell! We (my 13 yr old and I) have to SEARCH like crazy to find appropriate shorts.

Tuesday-Thursday :)

It's summer! Its always crowded!

It is incredible isn't it? The only time I've not been impressed with the castle was when it was a birthday cake and right after it was repainted a couple years back and looked pink. LOL!

polynesiangirl

Oh thank you so much for this trip report!! Our son is 19 months and I've been second-guessing myself about whether or not he will really enjoy it...I am so excited to show him my favorite place in the world!

olinecoach61

Took our 15 month old for his first trip. We didn’t know how it was gonna go over, especially with meeting the characters up close but he loved all of them! It was purely magical. Had a lot of rain due to Tropical Storm Debby but we didn’t let it slow us down. Couple of highlights…

- Holy cow I forgot how wonderful the shakes are at The Plaza
- This was the first time I can remember facades on Main Street being so eye catching. You can’t even take pictures of the castle (looking down Main Street) without the big bulging bakery façade getting in the way.
- Cast member encounters were all across the spectrum.
The good ones – We couldn’t make it on the monorail with our stroller at the Polynesian (too many people) so one of the monorail guys gave us a special fast past ticket to any attraction of our choice at MK. Very cool.

One of the Main Street performers let our little one play with his blue flag which really made him happy! The cast member really took the time and we were very touched by that.

Wonderful server at Crystal Palace. Sweet lady with a great sense of humor. Amazing how much of a difference that can make.

Bad ones – Walking towards Nemo with the stroller. As we approach a young castmember staring at us I’m waiting for him to say “Good morning” or something but all we get is “STROLLERS GO BEHIND THE ROCK!” Thanks for spreading the magic, dude.

- Art of Animation resort really is cool. We ate at Landscape of Flavors and were very impressed with the vast array of food options. I got the “create your own pasta” which seemed to be great until I discovered that the chicken was dark meat which blew me away. Some pieces had so much grizzle that they weren’t even edible. It was nice to eat with real utensils (no plastic) and bowls. Prices were certainly not cheap though.
- Isn’t it time for new monorails?
- Sure wish they offered Fast Pass at Epcot for the Character Spot. The wait was always at least 50 min.
- Ate dinner at O’hana and apparently their was some sort of dishwashing issue because everything was served on plastic plates. We even had plastic silverware and cups. Server was apologetic. Would have been nice to get a little discount on the meal but they didn’t offer. I was gonna push it with the server but chose not too.
- New monorail voice is totally void of life. Too bad the other guy’s contract wasn’t renewed.
- Got tired of seeing 13 year old girls wearing the shortest jean shorts I’d ever seen. Time for a dress code? I’m not thrilled about overly large men in sleeveless t-shirts either.
- Majority of the Disney t-shirts I saw still are awful quality with the necks all stretched out. ::sigh::
- The World Of Disney is just CHAOS. No other way to put it. When is the best time to go? We love the store but it’s getting to the point where it’s almost not worth it. Can’t even maneuver in there.
- Anyone else marvel at how clean the castle always looks?
- Forgot to get a Dole Whip. Ahhhhhh!!!
What is the deal with the neck son the t shirts? I noticed that too, some of them are huge!

Now Is The Time

Original Poster
Oh thank you so much for this trip report!! Our son is 19 months and I've been second-guessing myself about whether or not he will really enjoy it...I am so excited to show him my favorite place in the world!
Yes, we were so lucky that he was not freaked out by the characters up close at all. He loved to kiss their noses and give them hugs! All young ones are different though so you just never know. It would have been a sad experience if he was scared. Instead, it was one of the most magical trips I'd ever had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom