Trip Report: 4.13.2002

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Yes thats right back to back trip reports CRAZY I KNOW!!!!:hammer: :hammer:

Nothing to major to report about. One thing I did find out tonight from chatting with some folks. They said there is no longer a bus from the TTC to Downtown Disney. That Disney decided this week to test a new route for buses where they actually will go to the resorts etc, and pretty much skip over the TTC. I dont have full info on it so I would take it as a rumor more right now BUT thats what they where saying.

I stopped by Epcot Mission:Space looked the same not to much work that I could see. When I passed by there on the way back to Epcot to get to our vehicle I noticed the inside lights where on in MS. and it looked like some major inside work is being done. I have idea where I am going to try, and shot pictures from next time, maybe get some inside idea's (nothing to spoil the ride of course)

Side note I went on Spaceship Earth for the first time since the small 24hr rehab. I have very mixed feelings now about it. One the track is so much better now LOTS OF WD40 cans must have been used :) The new displays they posted for people to know the ride turns etc, and the incar annoucment totally 100% in my opinion SUCK!!!! That totally takes away from that ride use to have in the beginning. This is one update that should have not happened. For those of you scratching your head saying what is this geek ranting about. (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6388&highlight=spaceship+earth) I would like to retrack my statments I made on those posts I can not stand the new intro

Crowds where not bad for Epcot or MK today. I didnt go on any of the mountains etc was more a shopping trip with a fellow lab employee to kinda let our brains relax.

I did swing by the Segway exhibt once again this time allittle more info. (NO I sill havent got to ride it, I'm still waiting. That, and to drive a monorail for a brief 30-45 seconds on one of the straight aways oh that would be sweeeet)

Anywhooo looks like IT is gonna cost only 3,000.00 dollars or atleast thats the guess right now floating around. The CM giving the demo I believe his name was Robert. He is the MAN when it comes to IT. He gave a very informative, and indepth demo. He let people touch the Segway etc. Some people where afriad they would break it etc. Also just an FYI Disney has 3 Segways to demo off at Innoventions EAST.

gcurling

Sounds like you lucked out on your SE ride on the 13th. Our car on the 7th (post rehab) was as jerky and loud as ever. On a couple of spots my wife (who is short) banged her head on the headrest pretty hard because of the car hopping on bad spots in the track.

I agree wholeheartedly, the video screens ruin one of my favorite parts of the attraction. That slow ascent up the hill in near darkness with the soft music, followed by the snipets of historic radio broadcasts was very well done. Set the stage perfectly for the attraction. Too bad.

DanStat

Segway

A segway is a new scooter like device that is supposed to make cars obsolete. You might have heard it reffered to as "IT". I don't like them, but they're pretty cool.

Thanks for the trip report!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Unfortunatly guests can not ride on the Segways. Even though I have a standing invitation to any CM's that work that exhibt that can hook me up with a quick ride

Invero

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Nothing to major to report about. One thing I did find out tonight from chatting with some folks. They said there is no longer a bus from the TTC to Downtown Disney. That Disney decided this week to test a new route for buses where they actually will go to the resorts etc, and pretty much skip over the TTC. I dont have full info on it so I would take it as a rumor more right now BUT thats what they where saying.

This is true... There is no longer a Downtown Disney bus from the TTC. It used to be that guests staying at any of the MK Resorts would have to come to the TTC to catch the DTD bus. Now, with the improved service, there will be a direct bus starting at 9am from *ALL* of the MK resorts. This includes Grand Flo, Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.

Javier&Christie

Re: Segway

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
A segway is a new scooter like device that is supposed to make cars obsolete. You might have heard it reffered to as "IT". I don't like them, but they're pretty cool.

Thanks for the trip report!

Ack! They'll never replace my beloved internal combustion engine!!!! grrrr... :brick:

How can you replace something as pretty as this?

http://www.zmydust.com/temp5.jpg :D

ToTBellHop

I see those scooters being a BIG hit in big cities...like NYC. Imagine...no more taxis! And, I think, 12.5 mph would actually get you places faster than the taxis...however, once we get electric and/or flying cars...those scooters will be a joke...

orlpassholder

Original Poster
The Segways are eletric. NO JOKE :) Though I think an electric car will still be a few years away. Segway will be a huge selling factor. A few geeks here at the labs (including myself) are already saving our pennies cant wait

jcmayid

Am I alone, but I have seen a couple of electric cars out already, I know ford makes one and Honda too. Either way, I saw the Segway on an episode of Frasier the other day and it looked pretty cool.

Invero

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Ah Thanks Fantasia for the update. I tried remembering everything the person said but couldnt... :)

Not a problem. That's what I'm here for :)

On a related note, I was in the break room today, and I overheard this from a coordinator: "Yep... the new routes in Fort Wilderness are going REAL well... so they decided to change them again."

:brick:

JoniTink

Joni

I remember seeing several electric cars and get this.......electric car ONLY parking spaces......when we went to Celebration, FL on our WDW trip......my daughter had to visit the Celebration Eye Care place for an unfortunate poke in the eye.....lol........but I remember seeing several of these cars parked around while we were there.

Not that my story has anything to do with electric scooters........but still thought I'd share with ya anyways.....:) :)

MKCustodial

Re: Re: Trip Report: 4.13.2002

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

This is true... There is no longer a Downtown Disney bus from the TTC. It used to be that guests staying at any of the MK Resorts would have to come to the TTC to catch the DTD bus. Now, with the improved service, there will be a direct bus starting at 9am from *ALL* of the MK resorts. This includes Grand Flo, Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.

Ok, Tyler, so let's say I'm at All-Stars. To go to Pleasure Island I have to take a bus to one of the MK hotels (or TTC, don't know), and then from there to DTD? :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom