Trip of A Lifetime Report

Marijil

We pulled out all the stops for our tenth anniversary, it was a trip we talked about since our honeymoon at the Disney Inn, I've never done a trip report ..so here goes...

We drive, so we drove up to WDW at 10 am on 11/23 and headed for the Grand Floridian where we had booked a Lodge Concierge room. We arrived at the security outpost, told the Guard our name....he welcomed us and told us to drive up to the valet area...

we were pulling up when we noticed a young lady with a clipboard walking along our car...following us. When I stopped, she opened my wifes door, knew our name and said, welcome Mrs. -----, I'm Rebecca and I'll be taking care of you, just tell the bellman what bags to take and I'll show you to your room...we then bypassed the check in line and walked straight to the Sugar Loaf building, where Steve, the concierge attendant stood up from his desk to say, welcome ---family and happy tenth anniversary, have a seat...

more later

Marijil

Original Poster
We then were shown to our room, a beautiful 1st floor room near the lobby and with a view of the marina...they brought our bags and we headed off for our family tradition of 1st lunch at the Plaza Restaurant in MK, we did TTA, Buzz, and went to Toontown

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
Sorry for the interupption(sp?)...

We rode the Barnstormer, my kids are 8 and 4...met Minnie, Chip Dale...( I must say that Toontown and parts of Tomorrowland are in need of maintanence...unusual, I thought)...took the WDW RR back to Main Street and watched the Snow globe parade from Town Square (great)...we had to be back at GF by 5 because, I made my kids an appointment to have a manicure at the Spa which they loved..it was called "My first manicure"..very cute...we then went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Pooh and friends...what a mob scene....that place is wild...we then, weary from our drive, went back to Sugar Loaf for dessert at the concierge lounge, (*cookies, brownies and ....my favorite, all the coffee you could drink) we turned in early to turned down beds and a phone message from the concierge letting us know tomorrows expected temprature and park hours, parade and fw times...... edit- almost forgot, we saw the space shuttle from outside the main building..everyone was staring into the sky...i thought they were just really big Fireworks fans but there it was..it was incredible

Upvote 0

Holly

Happy belated anniversary! It sounds like you had a wonderful time ... so far! I'll be watching to read more .... :)

We'll be celebrating our 10th shortly too ... unfortunately not in WDW, but we're headed off on a cruise to Hawaii.

Again ... congrats!

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
Holly- i dont think I've ever heard the words "unfortunately" and "Hawaii" in the same sentence.......Have Fun!

Day Two

Woke up early because we had PS for Princess Storybook Bfast in Norway...debated as to transportation, decided to do the double monorail thing...it looked bleak as apparantly they were doing training...took like 30 min to get from GF to TTC....reminded me of the lurching I did when I was learning to drive..my wife was getting worried about our PS...I refuse to worry about anything once I am safely ensconced in WDW.

Fortunes changed at TTC, the driver of the EPCOT monorail invited us to ride in the front to EPCOT, he was great (can't remember his name:( , we got there in good time and took the long walk to Norway...

The bfast was great although we all agreed that Cinderella's was better...

We then did WOL (really in need of ....something) did Body Wars and Cranium Command, my 8 yr old did Test Track for the 1st time and loved it....some Innoventions...we went to WS, starting in Mexico, kids got masks to make along the way...did both boat rides..then, although our plan was to get lunch at a counter place, we went to Nine Dragons in China...it was great...everything I had read said it was lousy but we all loved it...they have a good family style lunch sampler that was perfect...

We then took a break and went back to the hotel for a swim it was about 70, but the kids would have gone if it was 60...

We returned to EPCOT at about 5, drove this time, we had the PS which I was really looking forward to...Le Cellier. It was, as usual, superb..the best in WS IMHO. You got your Cheddar Cheese Soup which is basically cheese, bacon and beer, pretzel bread, a mug of Moosehead, followed by a NY Strip...this is the 36 yr old man's answer to the Princess Bfast!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

We did more WS, watched the parade from near France/Morrocco area..and Illuminataions from across from Italy (under rehab)...I was disappointed that there was no longer an annual passholder viewing area but we had a great spot and watched with another family that was staking out a spot at the same time...since we had no dessert at Le Cellier, we cannolis and cappucino from the stand outside Italy...a great day 2....

Upvote 0

Debbie

You have me dreaming of my tenth anniversary! One thing we have decided: we are going kidless! and we are staying at the Polynesian.
If this doesn't pan out, it ain't gonna be nothing nice down here in my part of the country.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Your story is the reason why I book the majority of my customers who are going down for an anniversary or honeymoon at the GF. They are simply THE best! Thanks for the wonderful report! And Happy (belated) Anniversary!

Pam

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
Day Three-

Woke up and had a light continental bfast in the lobby and headed for MGM....once there, we did Great Movie Ride, Millionaire, Animation Tour, saw a ton of characters and had lunch at Sci Fi, one thing I noticed was that when my PS was made by the concierge there was no wait, when it was one I made myself, we waited a bit (coincidence?)..any way the latter was the case as SCi Fi was jammed..it was great though...

After lunch we split up and my wife took our little one to Playhouse Disney and my older one and I did Star Tours..we then met up (thanks to our walkie talkies) just in time to sit for Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade...its my favorite..

We then left the park, went back to Sugar Loaf for a rest and snack...we then zipped over to MK for Dinner PS at Cinderellas...we were really pleasantly surprised with how good it was...as we walked out, we caught the fireworks and then we caught the late Spectromagic...a great day 3....

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
Day four- a day that I had planned for a long time went perfectly...we had a light breakfast in the lobby and then my wife went to a spa appointment I had made for her at the GFS...I took the kids to the great adventures in cooking class at the Mouseketeer club...I suddenly found myself......alone. I made a couple of quick business calls :hurl: and I went back to the lobby, grabbed a drink and walked toward the GF main pool...i spied a lounge chair and for 45 minutes i did...nothing...i watched the boaters, gazed at the Poly and soaked in WDW at its best...

My wife came out of the Spa (thinking I was the best husband ever...for the next 2 hours or so) and we went to the lounge area in front of the Grand Floridian Cafe where we were to pick up the kids. They came marching over...about 12 little ones in chefs hats and aprons, handing out chocolate muffins to the guests and staff...talk about cute...

We had a quick lunch at Gasparilla and headed (where else) to the MK for some fun...we did Big Thunder, Presidents and Pooh and my wife and the little one went back...I stayed with my oldest so that we could do more and buy E tickets....

We had a PS for Narcoosees and had a great dinner...during which my Wife said...we should have made our PS for later so that we could see the fw from Narcoosees...more later

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
So she said that nothing could be better than seeing the FW from the deck at Narcoosees and I said..."oh yeah?"....we then went out to the marina where I had reserved a fireworks cruise...surprise!...we had a great guide...Brandi from the college program...and really enjoyed the fw on the lagoon...

then we went over for E Ride night, rode Space Mt, Splash, Buzz and called it a night, and carryed the kids sleeping back to Sugar Loaf...

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
Day 5-

Started with one of the best breakfasts anywhere in WDW- Boma. Ate like we belonged in the savannah...felt like I should have exchanged email addresses with the omelet guys....

After breakfast, headed for the AK. Did Kilamanjaro, Primevel Whirl, Tri Spin, met Lilo and Stitch...Kids had lunch at Restaurantosourus, kids love the boneyard.... lingered in the Oasis

Left at approx 2:30, back to hotel, quick workout for me, relaxed on terrace...got ready for our big anniversary celebration at V & As. After seeing the Mouseketeer club on Tues, my kids vetoed it and we booked them at Neverland club. I got dressed and dropped them off at 5:30. Swung back to GF where my beautiful bride was waiting..we went over to V & A s. Absolutely worth it...a review could be its own thread...suffice to say it was the most unique (for us), spectacular dining experience we'd ever had..

Went back to room and slipped back into vacation wear before picking up kids...they had a great time, as usual...lingered in GF lobby shops...ended a great day 5...

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
Day 6- Thanksgiving-

Started with breakfast at Ohana where we met our friends from Jersey and their son who goes to school with our oldest...went right to MK from there, did Pirates, Space Mt, Pooh...park really crowded, Haunted Mansion too! Had hot dogs in Tomorrowland ....took a break at like 2...relaxed in pool (little chilly)went back ...did CoP, Buzz, Thanksgiving Dinner at Liberty Tree...where else?....boat back to GF, drove over to Downtown Disney to peruse shops and check out Once Upon a Toy...left at about 10, exhausted....planned on seeing Treasure Planet but we were just too tired...started to get that "how many days left" dread....

Upvote 0

Marijil

Original Poster
Friday was another MK morning, did alot of stuff that we had missed, after bfast at GF Cafe. Headed back to GF at lunch time and ate a quick lunch at Gasparilla. We then headed to EPCOT for our 5 pm dinner at Alfredos we reserved it as part of our Candlelight Processional package...had a great dinner....then toured a few other pavillions until we got on line for the late (815) show...Edward James Olmos was terrific although we were a bit dissappointed that Roy Disney cancelled, the best part was the conductor. It was freezing........

Upvote 0

disneyhappy

Wow. What a wonderful Anniversary trip. My tenth anniversary is next year and we will be spending at WDW. My kids are going with me, but I don't mind. I want to stay at WL for my tenth. Glad you had a wonderful trip!:)

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Marijil
Day four- ...I suddenly found myself......alone.

My wife came out of the Spa (thinking I was the best husband ever...for the next 2 hours or so)

We had a PS for Narcoosees and had a great dinner...during which my Wife said...we should have made our PS for later so that we could see the fw from Narcoosees...more later

So she said that nothing could be better than seeing the FW from the deck at Narcoosees and I said..."oh yeah?"....we then went out to the marina where I had reserved a fireworks cruise...surprise!...

Day 5-

Started with one of the best breakfasts anywhere in WDW- Boma. Ate like we belonged in the savannah...felt like I should have exchanged email addresses with the omelet guys....

Swung back to GF where my beautiful bride was waiting..we went over to V & A s.

Day 6- Thanksgiving-
planned on seeing Treasure Planet but we were just too tired...started to get that "how many days left" dread....

Really liked your style! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for a real easy to read trip report! Sounds like it was an awesome trip and a wonderful celebration for your anniversary! Congrats!! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom