Trip Cancelled Due to Covid

MissViv

I am so sorry to say that we will not be flying to Orlando for our planned trip to Disney World. I came down with Covid and still in recovery.

We cancelled our trip and we bought the Disney Insurance and they are refunding everything but the insurance price. They didn't even ask for documentation.

Now we are looking at a trip on 11/04 or 11/11, which week would you pick and why? I know there is Veterans Day in there and also Jersey Week but from the crowd calendar the crowds seem to be about the same.

Please help since I need to change my airfare today.

Weather_Lady

I'm so sorry you had to postpone. I pray you'll have a swift and smooth recovery!

Touringplans has similar crowd projections both weeks (with a small spike on Veterans' Day, as one would expect), and ticket prices don't vary more than $5-$10/day. I'd pick whichever week is more convenient for you, or cheaper to fly, if that's how you're getting to Orlando. Also, November 7th is Election Day, so you may need to arrange for early or mail-in voting if you'll be gone from your home state on that date. As far as Jersey week (projected to be the first week you're looking at), I'll be candid: we visited during that time a few years ago, and encountered a slightly higher proportion of loud/obnoxious/line-cutting/chanting guests from my neighbor state of New Jersey (we knew this, only because they kept screaming about their place of origin, as part of an obscenity-laced call-and-response) than we have at other times of the year. Still, the overwhelming majority of New Jersey residents are not like that, and I wouldn't base a when-to-visit decision around Jersey Week: no matter when you go to WDW, you'll always find a few loud/obnoxious/line-cutting/chanting people, from every state and nation.

In planning your park reservations, which are still required until January 9, 2024, keep in mind that both weeks, you'll have the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT, MVMCP shutting down the Magic Kingdom early 3 nights a week, and Jollywood Nights shutting down HS early on Sundays. (That means, if you have parkhoppers, party days would be good ones to start out in MK/HS, and if you don't, you'll want to avoid those parks on party days.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I’d go 11/4. We were there the week prior to Thanksgiving last year (same as your 11/11 option) and the parks were MOBBED. One of the worst we had experienced in years. Four of our 6 nights were MVMCP nights! Thankfully we had tickets to one of the parties.

We have also been several times in the days prior to 11/11 and the crowds were much more manageable.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Upvote 0

MissViv

Original Poster
I’d go 11/4. We were there the week prior to Thanksgiving last year (same as your 11/11 option) and the parks were MOBBED. One of the worst we had experienced in years. Four of our 6 nights were MVMCP nights! Thankfully we had tickets to one of the parties.

We have also been several times in the days prior to 11/11 and the crowds were much more manageable.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip and I hope you are feeling better soon.

It looks like 11/4 because the only week my daughter cannot go is 11/11.

Tuvalu, I know you have stayed in a resort room with your DH and daughter so how crowded was it with only one bathroom? We thought about AOA Family Suite but not sure about the noise and kids (LOL). Wondering if a Boardwalk Deluxe Room would be available and confirmed if I called Disney. We would like to have three separate beds and the second bath would be nice. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have never stayed at AoA but my mother has in a suite (with my brother’s family) and liked the accommodations and had no complaints about the noise.

Two bathrooms are always preferable over one, though we have made one bathroom work for the three of us. Having the sink area outside of the toilet/shower area helps. It is harder when bathroom is “all in one” so to speak.

I was not aware that the Boardwalk Deluxe rooms have a second bath. I am booked in one for next year and am excited to hear this.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

I am so sorry to say that we will not be flying to Orlando for our planned trip to Disney World. I came down with Covid and still in recovery.

We cancelled our trip and we bought the Disney Insurance and they are refunding everything but the insurance price. They didn't even ask for documentation.

Now we are looking at a trip on 11/04 or 11/11, which week would you pick and why? I know there is Veterans Day in there and also Jersey Week but from the crowd calendar the crowds seem to be about the same.

Sorry you're experiencing covid. You may want to have your PCP prescribe Paxlovid. When I had it, It knocked it out completely within a matter of few days. My neighbor who has a child has told me there is some sweet spot during those days to book, but unfortunately I cannot recall when that is. I would say it may be a better time that first week because it's right after Halloween. Usually it picks up a lot closer to Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

MissViv

Original Poster
I have never stayed at AoA but my mother has in a suite (with my brother’s family) and liked the accommodations and had no complaints about the noise.

Two bathrooms are always preferable over one, though we have made one bathroom work for the three of us. Having the sink area outside of the toilet/shower area helps. It is harder when bathroom is “all in one” so to speak.

I was not aware that the Boardwalk Deluxe rooms have a second bath. I am booked in one for next year and am excited to hear this.
No Boardwalk Deluxe does not have second bath but there is the couch/bed pull down whatever it is called for a third person.

I am going with daughter and grandson (who is an adult).

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

On this site, there is a subsection called Vacation homes and Villas. That may be of some use to you. You could also buy DVC points if you don't mind doing your own housekeeping for the week. There is an article under there called buying a home in Golden Oak, which I'm about to do (In my Dreams!) :)

Upvote 0

MissViv

Original Poster
Called Disney and they found a Boardwalk Villas Studio that has the extra pull down bed. There is only one bathroom.

We could get AOA family suite that has two bathrooms for $938 less.

Leaning towards the AOA for more room.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Called Disney and they found a Boardwalk Villas Studio that has the extra pull down bed. There is only one bathroom.

What do you think?
Boardwalk looks pretty wonderful with the remodel. Have a fun trip!

Upvote 0

Colonel Angus

I was there 10/30-11/5 last year and the crowds really weren't too bad. Food and Wine was at the tail end and my only real complaint was the hot hot humid weather that kept increasing every week prior to the trip when I'd check.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

What do you think?
AoA unless you’re wanting to use the extended evening hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom