Tribute to Kong?

kammybug

Original Poster
Hi guys.

Just got a Universal Hollywood update email and they were talking about their version of the Mummy having a tribute to ET in the treasure room. They said it's a little statue of him. Does Orlandos version have a tribute to Kong since it's what took it's place? (I apologize if this has been discussed before.) :)

dxwwf3

kammybug said:
Hi guys.

Just got a Universal Hollywood update email and they were talking about their version of the Mummy having a tribute to ET in the treasure room. They said it's a little statue of him. Does Orlandos version have a tribute to Kong since it's what took it's place? (I apologize if this has been discussed before.) :)

Yes there is a Kong statue in the treasure room. I could not pick it out during the 5 rides I took on it this summer. So it is there somewhere, but it is not obvious to see. You really have to be looking for it to find it (and I still didn't see it).

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
It is on the left side of the treasure room on top of something. I've caught it many times, but sometimes it is hidden because of the smoke.

Figment1986

This is not the only tribute... in the queue their is some mention of him... and their are a few other thigns somewhere else in the attraction.....

kammybug

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I will definately be on the look out the next time I get to go. Hopefully that will be before this year is over with.

Jawsman

Actually, although I don't know if it's possible to see it, the track the trams followed was built directly into the roof during construction, and with ROTM, which was on a somewhat limited budget, the track was left on the roof.

So Kong will always been around in one way or another.

Figment1986

You can see a part of the old track when going into the launch... or in the treasure room....

(funny 2 tributes. one on purpose and on because of budget in one scene...)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Figment1986 said:
You can see a part of the old track when going into the launch... or in the treasure room....

(funny 2 tributes. one on purpose and on because of budget in one scene...)

I've seen it during the launch, but not in the treasure room. I'll have to look for that on my next ride.

And how can anyone forget the rumor about Kong's arm on the floor. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom