Treehouse Villas?

Heather Dawson

Original Poster
Planning my 2018 March, Family Trip...I want so badly to stay at the treehouse villas but im hearing horror stories about the time to get to the parks and the bus system, we won't be renting a car ...but my heart is just screaming this villa. Thoughts?

Megbutnotmegan

My family stayed in a treehouse in 2011. Unfortunately the transportation was a nightmare. We'd dreamed of staying in one since my childhood when we saw them on our bus route. The treehouse itself was everything we had dreamed of and more. Great detailing and comfortable space to sleep our extended family. I think we had 8 adults and my daughter was 18 months old. Despite the great accommodations the busing was so slow that we will never do it again.

CaptainAmerica

Just curious - what was the issue? Are they not part of SS?
Kind of but not really. They're very far. I wouldn't stay there without a rental car.

OP, most people don't realize this, but the Old Key West two bedroom villas are much larger at ~1,400 square feet than the Treehouse Villas at ~1,100 square feet and usually at a much lower price point.

Courtney6682

Kind of but not really. They're very far. I wouldn't stay there without a rental car.

OP, most people don't realize this, but the Old Key West two bedroom villas are much larger at ~1,400 square feet than the Treehouse Villas at ~1,100 square feet and usually at a much lower price point.

Ah, thank you. I've passed them a few times on the boat from FQ to DS, but I've never actually been past the front desk at SS so not very familiar with the layout of the resort.

Megbutnotmegan

The issue was busses to the treehouses took a long time because they were also doing all the SS stops. If we wanted to stop at the lobby for any reason walking over to SS wasn't really feasible from our treehouse so we felt like we were always waiting for busses.

Heather Dawson

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! After talking to my husband, we decided not too , and I let him choose so he picked bay lake resort I just don't wanna take the chance without a rental car ....and I totally didn't know about key west!!

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
I think you made a great call with Bay Lake. I wouldn't stay at the Treehouse Villas without a car (but they are definitely worth a stay in the future, we loved it!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom