Travel from Pop Century resort to Universal

jonnyc

Did it take long to get picked up or get to Universal? You called to get a reservation with seats the day of or in advance? Do you remember which concierge it was?

We stayed at Pop in September and opted for the shuttle as it was the cheapest option.

If you go up to the concierge in the lobbey the day before you want to go to USF and just ask them to book you on the shuttle to Universal, they will ask you what time you want to go (I think they pick up at like 7.15/8.15 and then 9.15 if memory serves me correct), they'll then ring Mears sort it out for you. Then you just turn up in the morning at your time. It is $18 round trip per person.

They'll give you a card with a number on, which you'll need to ring 2 hours before you wish to get picked up, if you don't have a mobile there are pay phones dotted about both parks. The shuttles back run every hour.

Minnie1976

When we did that, we set up transportation with Mears. My husband was on a scooter and they sent a van. Everything went well. I'd do the same thing again.

jonnyc

Wow! Thanks everyone! But did it take a long time to get from Pop to Universal? Were there extra stops or did they pick you up and go?

Didn't take too long; maybe 40/45 minutes.

It's pot luck whether you end up having to go to other resorts, when we did it we picked up at Carribean Beach and that was it. The shuttle will stop at Sea World before going to Universal as well and then pick up people from Sea World on the way back.

Karla07559

You can buy a two-park, one-day admission to Universal and they will pick you up at your resort and drop you at the front of the park. At the end of the day, they will pick you up, but you have to call about an hour prior to let them know.

It's pretty steep--around $135, I believe? The transportation is free, in theory but a two-park "hopper" at Uni isn't really that usable since it would be hard to cover both parks in one day, so you're basically paying for the ride as a regular one-park ticket is around $85. It might be better to check out one of the services listed above.
Where can I find out more about this I havent heard about it anywhere else? Thanks :)

SW_matt

Mears were great for us! Asked at bell services to call us a cab to go to uni parking lot, they pick you up from resort drop off area and drop you right outside the conveyor belts to get to universal. Will cost around $40, thats for everyone but I think a charge is added if there are like more than 8 of you. Coming back there will be loads of cabs at the taxi rank.

A lot easier than shared transport!

SAV

Where can I find out more about this I havent heard about it anywhere else? Thanks :)

Holy Thread Bump, Batman!

The post you quoted was from July of 2011. Highly unlikely that is still offered and that it is still the same price as 5 years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom