Transportation from WDW to Universal???

GoofyforWDW

Original Poster
:wave:Hi all,

Staying on site at WDW in November for our wedding:sohappy:, we have been plenty of times but family coming with us have never been Orlando and want to visit Universal for the fast rides.

Can anyone help and answer the following?

1. How much are cabs from WDW (staying AKL) to Universal?

2. Are there any Lynx buses that go from Downtown Disney (or anywhere on Disney) to Universal? If so how many bus changes do you have to do?

3. Are they any alternative means of transport that anyone knows of and if so how much?

I am from UK and travelling with Virgin Holidays, previously when I have travelled with them and stayed off site I have used a shuttle service where there arrange for you to be picked up and taken anywhere for I think around $6 per person each way??? The thing is I cant see that in the 2008 brochure and I wrote them an e-mail to ask and they told me they couldn't answer and I would need to call. Has anyone from UK recently used this when staying on WDW property? If so can you remember cost?

Sorry so many questions :veryconfu

kstella

You can hire a private car service. Not too expensive and works on your schedule. There is one on the wdwmagic home page if you scroll down, or you can go to allearsnet.com and see which they have mentioned. Some will offer a discount if you mention the web site that you found their name on.

Rob562

If you only have a few people, a cheaper option would be to call Mears and arrange for a shuttle to Universal and other off-site attractions. I believe the cost is $17-20 per-person round-trip for Universal. It's a shared van, so they may pick other people up at your hotel or a nearby hotel before heading to Universal.

You can make the arrangements ahead of time, or even easier, call Mears the day before from your hotel room. Simply dial the Disney operator (by dialing zero on the phone, not by calling the front desk) and ask them to connect you to Mears. They will do so for free (you don't even get the 75-cent local call charge).

-Rob

Tornado

I used Mears last year to get from Pop Century to Universal. They picked up another group at Carribean Beach, then it was direct to Universal. I think it was $60 return for 4 of us, and it was quick, on time, and the driver was friendly.

GoofyforWDW

Original Poster
Thanks for your help guys, had a look on the mears site and looks like thats the way to go. Will call up when I am in resort and arrange then.

Thanks again

Murtieeee

I think a better option would be Quicksilver. You have your own private transport they are the same price and in my opinion are much more reliable than Mears.

It can't hurt to check out their website.

I believe they are sponsors on this site too.

kdjf4

Mears Shuttle is $16 per person RT from any of the WDW hotels to Universal. I beleive Sea World is also $16. e used them in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom