Transportation from Sanford Airport?

bsmartin2000

Can anyone tell me if I fly into Sanford Florida airport how could I arrange transportation to WDW? Driving is not an option for us but frying into this airport would save me around $300 versus flying into Orlando airport? Any Ideas?

mickeysshoes

The best suggestion I have would to be contact Quciksilver car service and have them pick you and they can also take you back. (and if you do round trip with them the will give you a free 30 mintute stop at the store to pick up things you may need). And it wont eat up all the $300 saving. We have used them instead of ME the last 2 trips and have been very pleased with them. You can find a link to their web site on the home page of this site.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Here's two.

Sanford to Disney transport and transportation to Disney.are both local shuttles. I think there about $200 dollars return.they pick you up at Sanford and drop you off at your WDW resort and pick you back up again to take you back.:wave:

Upvote 0

pcarathers

we flew into Sanford about 2 years ago and it was a very nice airport, except for the rude TSA worker....we used Mears and had a good experience. Our driver met us at the luggage carousel and was waiting right at the door with the van.....there were 5 of us and fit very comfortably in the van...the van had a dvd player and it was not a bad ride...just about 45 minutes to an hour. our driver was very professional, wore slacks and a blazer with a name tag.......very good experience with Mears......i think it was about $100 each way for us.

Upvote 0

jackson2005

We used Mears and were very happy with them. We had 7 people and I think it was about $140.00. each way. And we did get the stop to pick up a few things. Sanford is a nice smaller airport. I would check your price for MCO if you have a small group it might be cheaper to use ME.

Upvote 0

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
Yes, thinking about Allegiant because of the direct flight out of Bangor ME to Orlando, plus the price difference would pay for the transportation and I think we would still come out ahead!

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Yes, thinking about Allegiant because of the direct flight out of Bangor ME to Orlando, plus the price difference would pay for the transportation and I think we would still come out ahead!

Good airline and I love the direct route from my home airport but they nickel-and-dime you. Seat selection, priority boarding, drinks/snacks and, of course, checked bags are all extra charges. Effective bookings as of 4/4/12, they now charge for carry-on bags as well.

So the only thing free is a "personal item" that must be a size to fit under the seat and using the on-board lavatory.
;)

I've always just rented a car at Sanford (for convenience to go off WDW property). It's a 1 hour trip from Sanford to WDW.

Upvote 0

Jah200

Frontier is expanding their services to pick up airtrans business....HUGE SAVINGS for me....ABE to MCO and I don't have to deal with Philly airport this year

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Jumping in here, the husband and I are looking on saving as well, these are some good suggestions. While I am not the Original Poster, thank you all for the advice...airfare is getting ridiculis and I would love to save wherever/whenever possible!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom