transportation from Orlando Sanford

CAPTAIN HOOK

Seriously, for convenience I think you're probably going to have to get either a taxi or perhaps Mears (not sure if they operate from Sanford)

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
LesaGirlWalton said:
What is the cheapest way for 2 adults and 5 kids to get from Orlando Sanford to POR?

Hi,

With us, Quicksilver Transportation (WDWMAGIC's Sponsor) :) , The round trip from Sanford to WDW with our van is $210.00 + 20% gatuity.:sohappy:

Check ou website, link below....:D

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

mom22grls

one day car rental

With a family that size, I'd check into renting a mini van with National or Alamo. Make two one day rentals for travel days. Pick up at airport when you arrive, and turn it into the car care center or Dolphin within 24 hours. Pick up again the evening b/4 you return to the airport. The drive from Sanford is an easy one if you use the Greenway. This has worked for us and usually cheaper than car service, although not as convenient, and you may have to creatively tuck in the luggage (use duffles)!

Have a great trip!

miles1

No offense to our sponsors at Quicksilver, but for what they would charge round trip, plus the gratuity, I was able to rent a full size Buick Lucerne for a full week through National Car Rental Emerald Isle club, which is free. Then we also have the car handy even if we don't use it every day.

I agree with those in favor of a rental car. For what you would pay for a taxi or van to and from the airport, you could easily rent a car (probably for a little less). We used Alamo at Orlando Sanford in May and were very happy with them. Pick up and drop off were a breeze. You can usually find good last minute deals on their website. Also check www.mousesavers.com for discounts.
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but hopefully this will help.

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Hello everyone,

Not trying to defend myself in any way here, but I would like to also give my honest opinion (as a traveler myself).
When renting a vehicle, mostly from Sanford, do not forget to count a few extras like tolls, insurance, and above all gasoline. An average person will use 2 to 3 full tanks of gasoline in their trip if using their rental in moderation. Each tank is now at least $50.00 to $60.00 to fill up...
Also to take in consideration is if you really will use it while in Orlando. If you plan on going for some shopping trips, restaurants outside Disney, a rental is a must; but, if you only will use it to and from the airport, honestly, I beliebe the ease to use a car service, not having to worry when or how to return it, is priceless.

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

brertigger

I recommend a service, like QuickSilver, even if it costs a little more.

Recently, a family drove from MCO to a resort on WDW property. It sounded easy enough (we'll just drive from the airport, no problems, is what thy thought). Well, it's never as easy as it sounds. They got lost. What could have taken a short period of time ended up taking 2-3 times longer.

It is worth paying a little more for the convenience, at least in my opinion. It is just so easy to get lost, and there are so many crazy drivers on the roads to worry about (As Rizzo say's: They're tourists, what do they know? pretty much describes how all the tourists will be in terms of getting around the area).

shoppingnut

miles1 said:
No offense to our sponsors at Quicksilver, but for what they would charge round trip, plus the gratuity, I was able to rent a full size Buick Lucerne for a full week through National Car Rental Emerald Isle club, which is free. Then we also have the car handy even if we don't use it every day.

Since they'd more than a full size car with 7 people and it is generally more costly when you start getting into vehicles of that size range.

shoppingnut

brertigger said:
It is just so easy to get lost, and there are so many crazy drivers on the roads to worry about (As Rizzo say's: They're tourists, what do they know? pretty much describes how all the tourists will be in terms of getting around the area).

Hey, no calling my a crazy driver :lol: . I've actually driven down there so many times, that I know the roads incredibly well and don't need a map at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom