Transportation from airport to WDW resorts?

Firewolfe51

:confused: We are traveling by car in Oct., but my family will be joining us a day later by air. My sister is asking about transportation to the CBR from the airport. We have never flown to WDW, so we are confused about what to tell her. Any suggestions? Does Disney have shuttles that you can pay for? Please enlighten me, so they can find a way to the hotel. We really didn't want to get them (4 adults and a toddler).???????:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Disneyfalcon

Hi Firewolf.
We've had good luck with Mears transportation. It's about $28 per person round trip. Under 3 is free I believe. Mousesavers.com also reccomends Happy Limo for 4 or more people. Their vans hold 10, they go straight to your hotel, Mears will stop at other hotels if you have other paries on your shuttle, and will stop at a grocery store for 15 minutes if you would like. Oh yeah, and the driver will meet you at baggage claim!
We haven't tried Happy Limo but it sounds good. There's lots of info on this page:

http://www.mousesavers.com/groundtrans.html#limo

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

We use Tiffany Towncars, it's $80 (there is a $5 coupon on their website for your first trip) for roundtrip to and from the airport to your resort. The towncars fit 3 in the back and one in front. It's so nice, you don't have to worry about anything. They meet you at baggage claim, get your luggage and take you to your resort with a 30 minute stop at the grocery store if you want. We personally did not like the Mears Shuttle Service but that was us. We took the smaller shuttle bus but they made about three or four stops before our hotel and you had to wait when you got to the airport.

I think it's so cool when you get off the plane and see a man standing there with a sign with your name on it!!:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, I have used Mears a bunch of times and have had only one really bad experience in terms of the guy taking the scenic route and having the trip from the airport to the resort take an hour and a half!!! It is a 20 mile trip!!!!
However for the number of people that you are talking about I would go the other way and go for a towncar for anything above 3 adults as Mears is $28.00 per adult and $20.00 per child. The towncar is a fixed rate of $80 to 85 dollars depending on which one you use. I know Pam (Kingdom Konsultant) has used one of the two but I am not quite sure which she used. I know she was quite happy with them. Ill send this page to her so she can chime in!! Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

RandeB

Save $$$

Get a towncar, we get Tiffany, but there's others.

If there's four adults paying $28 each to take a bus an $85 car is cheaper AND more convenient AND more comfortable.

Even including a nice tip.

There's usually an 'internet coupon' available-check your local listings.

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hi there, I have used Mears a bunch of times and have had only one really bad experience in terms of the guy taking the scenic route and having the trip from the airport to the resort take an hour and a half!!! It is a 20 mile trip!!!!
However for the number of people that you are talking about I would go the other way and go for a towncar for anything above 3 adults as Mears is $28.00 per adult and $20.00 per child. The towncar is a fixed rate of $80 to 85 dollars depending on which one you use. I know Pam (Kingdom Konsultant) has used one of the two but I am not quite sure which she used. I know she was quite happy with them. Ill send this page to her so she can chime in!! Hope this helps!! Belle

Belle: Pam uses Your Ride alot. I have used them also and found them to be less expensive than Mears and very good. They make a grocery stop if you wish also. I unfortunately have had problems in the past with Tiffany Towncar, but others seem to like them.

Firewolfe51: question...is your car big enough to pick them up? For one of you to drive to the airport and meet them. The drive is really simple from Disney and not too long. That is what we have done many times when my husband has flown in seperate. Just an idea. If you are interested in knowing more about directions, I or anyone here can give you quick and easy directions to the airport. It is a very simple drive and is only about 20-25 minutes from Disney. If they are definitely wanting to take a car service/shuttle, please have them consider a towncar over the bus. The bus takes forever to get you to your destination, as it can make many stops at other resorts first. The towncars go directly to your resort and drop you off...much better. When we fly we always take the towncar service over the bus. It is a bit more, but well worth the time and frustration...and as Belle said, with several people going in one party, it pretty much washes on price. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Put my vote in for Tiffany Towncar. Also if needed they will send a limo instead of a towncar.

For the record I hate Mears as a means of transportation from the airport to the resort. The last time I rode Mears (about 4 yrs ago) we arrived at 7 am and went directly to the bus stop. We were the only people there. 1 1/2 hours later when the bus arrived (they were having multiple breakdowns) there were over 200 people trying to cram themselves on one bus. Many fights broke out. I swore that would be the last time. No to mention that my daughter gets a kick out of the man holding the placard w/ her name on it.

I will only use Mears from WDW to US or SW.

Upvote 0

pooh071567

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
We use Tiffany Towncars, it's $80 (there is a $5 coupon on their website for your first trip) for roundtrip to and from the airport to your resort. The towncars fit 3 in the back and one in front. It's so nice, you don't have to worry about anything. They meet you at baggage claim, get your luggage and take you to your resort with a 30 minute stop at the grocery store if you want. We personally did not like the Mears Shuttle Service but that was us. We took the smaller shuttle bus but they made about three or four stops before our hotel and you had to wait when you got to the airport.

I think it's so cool when you get off the plane and see a man standing there with a sign with your name on it!!:)

I agree. We used Tiffany Town Car the last time we visited WDW and were very happy with the service. The driver was prompt and personable.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have personally used Yourride for my family trips to WDW. They are the only service that I will offer to my clients. They are reliable and reasonably priced. Also you may want to note that some towncar services charge for a car seat which the toddler will need, Yourride does not charge for this service. Also with Mears it can take up to an hour for you to get to your hotel since the shuttle stops at every single hotel on property.

I won't use Tiffany ever since I had a limo with them that was filthy both inside and out.

Yourride is the transportation sponsor on WDWMagic. Give thema try, I am sure you will be happy with their service.
www.yourride.net

Pam

Upvote 0

quadman

Does Tiffany Towncar offer child seats. I have two DD's (5&7), so will they provide them if I ask, and does anyone know if there will be an additional charge?

Upvote 0

Scooter

I use Tiffany Town Car AND Mears....depending on what time my flight arrives in Orlando.

Most Check-in times at Disney Resorts are 3:00PM

If I get an early flight into Orlando I'm in no hurry and use Mears. Sometimes they stop at alot of differant resorts but if I can't check in that early anyway, I might as save a little money, sit back and enjoy the ride. Besides...I get a chance to see what the other Resorts look like this way.:animwink:

If I'm going to arrive around noon or in the early afternoon or later, I take a Towncar service. This way I go directly to my Resort and can check in, get my room, change clothes and head directly to the parks and start enjoying my magical Disney vacation.:)

Mears really isn't that bad, it just takes longer and sometimes the shuttle buses are crowded....but I just look at it as a scenic tour and a chance to meet new people and make new friends. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Momx3

We will have 7 people, 4 adults and 3 kids, two that need boosters. We'll need a van. I've checked out all the companies and yourride is the cheapest only $80 (with coupon on net). They aren't more expensive for a van which the other companies are. They offer free boosters and a grocery stop if wanted.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom