Transformers.

Rosscoe(AU)

Original Poster
Just got home from seeing a screen check of the new "Transformers" movie and would have to say that this is one of the best summer blockbusters of the last ten years!

Thrilling, funny, non stop action for two and half hours, everything a summer film should be.

Beg, borrow, steal ( well not really ) a ticket.

WDWFREAK53

Just got home from seeing a screen check of the new "Transformers" movie and would have to say that this is one of the best summer blockbusters of the last ten years!

Thrilling, funny, non stop action for two and half hours, everything a summer film should be.

awesome!!!

There's already a thread about this...but thanks!

(Oh, and I especially am greatful for you not giving anything away!) Thank you :D

WDWSwashbuckler

Sounds great! I'm excited to see it!

WDWFREAK53

I'm seeing it tomorrow night but my cousin saw it on Saturday night (he's a manager at a theater and needs to screen movies prior to opening night to make sure everything is spliced together, sound is right, etc.).

He said that it is the best action movie he has seen in years and he was at the edge of his seat from the opening scene until the closing...and he also said that if you're a fan of the old G1 stuff...all the "classic lines" are in it!

:sohappy:

I can't wait to see it!!!!

WDWFREAK53

:D :D :D

I'm seeing it at 7:45 in Digital :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

20 years of waiting for this...and it's finally here!!!!!

WDWFREAK53

I was just reading Barricade's "Profile" on the Transformers site and it worries me a little bit...It's small, but it doesn't really make much sense to me.

It says:

"Barricade serves as a spy for Megatron, sneaking in among the enemy and learning as much as he can before destroying every trace that he was ever there with his powerful lasers. Disguised on Earth as a police car, his greatest thrill in life is his ability to fool humans, gaining their trust only to destroy it when he changes into his evil Decepticon form."

Now, this sounds all well and good...but...don't these "Robots in disguise" crash land on Earth in search of energy? Why would his "greatest thrill in life" be his ability to fool humans? This would be the first time he has ever encountered humans.

Who knows...I haven't seen it yet...maybe these "robots in disguise" have been on Earth for eons and we never knew it!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I saw it last night at the 8:00 premiere her in Jacksonville. All I can say is WOW! This movie exceeded my expectations in every way. I can honestly not remember a movie that lived up to the hype like Transformers did in fact it was better than the hype. The action starts about 10 minutes into the film and does not let up for 2 hours. I felt physically exhausted after this film. There are just enough call backs to the original animated series to please the long time fan but not so much that the new fan will be lost. The story line is slightly different than the original series but it does not completely deviate to the point of becoming completely unfamiliar (ie Battlefield Earth). Do not wait for the DVD. This is a movie that needs to be seen on the big screen. Without question I will be seeing this movie again and again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was just reading Barricade's "Profile" on the Transformers site and it worries me a little bit...It's small, but it doesn't really make much sense to me.

It says:

"Barricade serves as a spy for Megatron, sneaking in among the enemy and learning as much as he can before destroying every trace that he was ever there with his powerful lasers. Disguised on Earth as a police car, his greatest thrill in life is his ability to fool humans, gaining their trust only to destroy it when he changes into his evil Decepticon form."

Now, this sounds all well and good...but...don't these "Robots in disguise" crash land on Earth in search of energy? Why would his "greatest thrill in life" be his ability to fool humans? This would be the first time he has ever encountered humans.

Who knows...I haven't seen it yet...maybe these "robots in disguise" have been on Earth for eons and we never knew it!
I can clear some of this up if you do not mind a few spoilers.

WDWFREAK53

I can clear some of this up if you do not mind a few spoilers.

Nah, that's ok...I'll wait for tonight :D

I've been hearing nothing but incredible things...even from people that didn't really watch them as a kid!

One of my good friends said that it blows away every action movie he has ever seen!!!

Rosscoe(AU)

Original Poster
Glad to see you guys liked it, just to let you know i never watched the cartoon series when i was growing up.

Have seen it 3 times now and still one of the best summer blockbusters of the last ten years.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nah, that's ok...I'll wait for tonight :D

I've been hearing nothing but incredible things...even from people that didn't really watch them as a kid!

One of my good friends said that it blows away every action movie he has ever seen!!!
The story changes will all be made clear before the credits are done so you will not have long to wait and like I said before it is not enough of a change to alter it that much from the original.

My wife at best was a casual fan and she had no real desire to see this movie and she was absolutely blown away by this movie. This movie is going to make a inconceivable amount of money and a sequel is all but a guarantee.

WDWFREAK53

Well, I'm not a Michael Bay fan in the least...I have not seen a movie of his that I was that crazy about...but, when I heard that he was signing on to do the Transformers...I was actually really excited because, love him or hate him, you can't deny his ability to bring amazing action to the big screen. I knew that the Transformers needed to be an action-packed blockbuster...and there is no better person in Hollywood suited for action than Michael Bay.

(EDIT: I take that back...I really liked the Bad Boys films.)

I saw it last night too. I was worried that it would fall short like many summer blockbusters with classic characters that never lived up to the hype. Transformers rocked though! It's the first movie I've seen since Episode III that I have the urge to go see again on the big screen.

Timmay

Being too old to have ever been interested in the cartoons, I was a little worried going to see it. My son wanted to real bad and then I saw "The Making Of" on HBO and decided I had to see it, also.

Plain and simple, best movie of the summer so far, period. A roller coaster ride from start to end. Yes, it had a couple of plot holes...but who cares, they were easy enough to overlook. Do not miss this movie!!

Peaches Magee

Yep I just got back from seeing it and can't stop saying how great it was! The animation was flawless... Shia is truly a rising star is all I can say, he has great comedic timing and has also proven to be a great at drama AND now action star! It was pretty much non-stop. I love Michael Bay's style. How most of the fighting was done from our view, so you feel like you are there in the street watching it take place. I hear there is talks of a trilogy. :)

I hope! My 4 year old sat the whole 2 and a half hours watching it too, his whole room is TFs! Two big thumbs waaay up over here!

:sohappy:

Champion

I thought it was a good movie, but not as good as some say ... something like an 8 or 8.5 out of 10.

I am, however, extremely excited about 'Cloverfield'. Thats the preview that didn't carry a title right before the movie, the one by JJ Abrams. That man is a genius. Cloverfield isn't the real title either, but its what the 'code name' is.

WDWFREAK53

I thought it was a good movie, but not as good as some say ... something like an 8 or 8.5 out of 10.

I am, however, extremely excited about 'Cloverfield'. Thats the preview that didn't carry a title right before the movie, the one by JJ Abrams. That man is a genius. Cloverfield isn't the real title either, but its what the 'code name' is.

Is that the one that I thought was a new Godzilla movie? It looked as if it was shot like The Blair Witch Project.

That looked REALLY interesting.

BTW...an 8.5 out of 10 was what I gave Transformers.

imagineer99

Is that the one that I thought was a new Godzilla movie? It looked as if it was shot like The Blair Witch Project.

That looked REALLY interesting.

It's a monster movie shot entirely from the perspective of one of the hapless bystanders....interesting concept, if you ask me.

As for Transformers, seeing it tonight. I'm going in with low expectations--after all, we're talking about the director who brought us Pearl Harbor and Armageddon (some of the worst films ever made).

I know the movie is going to be big and dumb. I just want it to be fun.

WDWFREAK53

It's a monster movie shot entirely from the perspective of one of the hapless bystanders....interesting concept, if you ask me.

As for Transformers, seeing it tonight. I'm going in with low expectations--after all, we're talking about the director who brought us Pearl Harbor and Armageddon (some of the worst films ever made).

I know the movie is going to be big and dumb. I just want it to be fun.

:lol: Yeah :lol: I agree about those two movies...I did like both Bad Boys films though...but just for the comedy and the action...

2 things that Transformers does very well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom