Transformers 7-4-07

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I live in chicagoland so I was considering going upto MI when they filmed back in Oct or whenever that was. That would be very cool to have seen live.

imagineer boy

I don't know, I really don't think this is going to be good. The special effects and the designs of the transformers look great, but the rest doesn't look too good at all. It just looks like another big, dumb Micheal Bay disaster movie with Transformers in it. Especially when they showed clips in the trailers of the very clich'e sub plots with government officials running around, and the president and all that stuff trying to figure out how to defeat the transformers. It all looks very dumb IMO.

WDWFREAK53

I don't know, I really don't think this is going to be good. The special effects and the designs of the transformers look great, but the rest doesn't look too good at all. It just looks like another big, dumb Micheal Bay disaster movie with Transformers in it. Especially when they showed clips in the trailers of the very clich'e sub plots with government officials running around, and the president and all that stuff trying to figure out how to defeat the transformers. It all looks very dumb IMO.

This isn't suppose to be Oscar material.

It looks like a big, Michael Bay, disaster movie with Transformers in it. Yes. Actually, from what I've been hearing...this will be his biggest as far as action goes. I'm looking for a great popcorn movie and that's what this looks like. Nothing more...nothing less.

I will be shocked if this doesn't rake in at least $200mil. See, I have other things in mind...if Transformers succeeds moneywise...then it's just one more stepping stone until the new live-action Masters of the Universe movie!

Slipknot

Newsflash. I read over at IGN that the movie is coming out on the 3rd now. SWEET!!!!!!!!! So now a portion of the title of this thread is incorrect... :lookaroun

Slipknot

I will be shocked if this doesn't rake in at least $200mil. See, I have other things in mind...if Transformers succeeds moneywise...then it's just one more stepping stone until the new live-action Masters of the Universe movie!

GI Joe is looking for a greenlight too.

WDWFREAK53

GI Joe is looking for a greenlight too.

...as is Thundercats.

Michael Bay was asking on his blog if people would be upset about an earlier opening :lol:

Umm...you're asking fans of this movie if they'd be upset if they could see it earlier? LOL

NO! NOT THE 3RD!!! MAKE IT COME OUT LATER! :lol:

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Dont forget about the SMURFS!!!!!:lookaroun

As for this ---------------

"It just looks like another big, dumb Micheal Bay disaster movie with Transformers in it. Especially when they showed clips in the trailers of the very clich'e sub plots with government officials running around, and the president and all that stuff trying to figure out how to defeat the transformers"

WDWFREAK53 is right, it looks like a great popcorn flik. This isnt Supposed to be the The Shawshank Redemption, its the transformers. I am hoping that I will be blown right out of my seat when I see Prime busting some decepticon butt. Yea Bay might not be the best but I think because of the type of action thats in this movie he might just be the right guy.

WDWFREAK53

Dont forget about the SMURFS!!!!!:lookaroun

As for this ---------------

"It just looks like another big, dumb Micheal Bay disaster movie with Transformers in it. Especially when they showed clips in the trailers of the very clich'e sub plots with government officials running around, and the president and all that stuff trying to figure out how to defeat the transformers"

WDWFREAK53 is right, it looks like a great popcorn flik. This isnt Supposed to be the The Shawshank Redemption, its the transformers. I am hoping that I will be blown right out of my seat when I see Prime busting some decepticon butt. Yea Bay might not be the best but I think because of the type of action thats in this movie he might just be the right guy.

People were also complaining about the rumor of John Woo doing Masters of the Universe. Like you said, he may not be the best...but for the project...he JUST MAY BE the best! (John Woo is no longer attached to MotU). (Peter Jackson would be the best as far as MotU is concerned).

Bay is the best for action movies...his movies may not be oscar winners...but you can't beat the action sequences. This is a pure adrenaline-packed action movie and there is no other guy for the job. Speilberg is also helping him out so it may not turn out THAT bad.

Look at the scene in Bad Boys 2 when they're in the mansion...that was incredible. Many times I've heard that Transformers will be his biggest yet.

Don't look for this movie to change your life in some way...just look for this movie to keep you on the edge of your seat and with your eyes wide saying to yourself, "Wow...now THIS IS AWESOME!"

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I saw an interview with Speilberg and he said that this is the best movie bay has done yet. I wonder if Bay will be back for the 2nd and 3rd movie. The way Speilberg has talked about transformers it seems like if Bay wants to he can.

WDWFREAK53

I saw an interview with Speilberg and he said that this is the best movie bay has done yet. I wonder if Bay will be back for the 2nd and 3rd movie. The way Speilberg has talked about transformers it seems like if Bay wants to he can.

Let's face it...Spider-man raised the bar as far as action movies based on a "pop-culture" fictional character is concerned. People loved the actual storyline as well as the action sequences. This is where Transformers, from what I've seen, will not stack up. Spider-man, albeit WAY out there, was still done in a way to make it almost believable. People could relate to the character and that's why it was so successful (and always was). People aren't going to relate to giant robots in an all-out battle on an alien planet (even though the planet is Earth, it's alien to them) so the only enjoyable aspect of it will be the killer action sequences. That's fine...I know this going into it and I'm still really looking forward to it. If they DO make it so people can relate to it...then they're getting too far away from what Transformers was and more into the realm of War of the Worlds.

Don't make Transformers something it isn't. If you didn't "get" the old cartoons or understand what it was all about and why it was so cool...then you're probably not going to enjoy this movie. Go to it to chomp on some overly priced popped corn, swig down $15 dollar cups of ice with a bit of cola flavoring, and watch what is going to be one heckuva wild ride.

CoffeeJedi

If they DO make it so people can relate to it...then they're getting too far away from what Transformers was and more into the realm of War of the Worlds.
Every TF series (with the exception of Beast Wars) has had at least one human kid to be the audience's connection to the story. This version is no different.

WDWFREAK53

Every TF series (with the exception of Beast Wars) has had at least one human kid to be the audience's connection to the story. This version is no different.

I didn't mean that Spike shouldn't be in it. I meant...if the main focus is the humans, it'll be too "War of the Worlds" and not "Transformers."

Not much different if that's the case...alien beings come down to Earth and start blowing shiznit up and the main focus is the humans reaction to this.

You definitely need humans in it...but they should be the "sub-focus" and not the main focus. If there weren't humans in it...what would be the purpose of being "Robots in Disguise?" They'd just be robots.

CoffeeJedi

I gotcha, that's a good point.

I do have a slight fear that this movie is going to be "The Adventures of Spike" with the bots only showing up to fight periodically in between scenes of Shia ogling Megan Foxx.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
You definitely need humans in it...but they should be the "sub-focus" and not the main focus. If there weren't humans in it...what would be the purpose of being "Robots in Disguise?" They'd just be robots.
I can hear the song now, "the transformerssssssss robots on the earth"

CoffeeJedi said:
I do have a slight fear that this movie is going to be "The Adventures of Spike" with the bots only showing up to fight periodically in between scenes of Shia ogling Megan Foxx.

Yea I have a slight fear of that as well. The bots need to be the center piece and the humans secondary. I do hope they give a decent back story to start the movie. The whole megatron meets spikes great great great grand dad in the 1800s and the why they are searching for the allspark...

WDWFREAK53

I can hear the song now, "the transformerssssssss robots on the earth"

Yea I have a slight fear of that as well. The bots need to be the center piece and the humans secondary. I do hope they give a decent back story to start the movie. The whole megatron meets spikes great great great grand dad in the 1800s and the why they are searching for the allspark...

Hehe, ya know, aside from the short driving sequences...I couldn't find Jazz anywhere in the trailers...but, if you haven't noticed it yet, he's the one getting the crap beat out of him by Megs.

Where do the sequels go?

Do they introduce the Dinobots or are they too "out there?"

Will Unicron be mentioned? Does Galvatron make an appearance? Does Optimus hand over the realm to Hot Rod?

There are a lot of different ways to take the storyline...

I, for one, would keep the Dinobots and Galvatron (unless they show the rebirth of Megatron into him) out of it. (Even though I love Grimlock!). The second movie should definitely have at least one combiner though (Devastator)...they could even use Bonecrusher as a way to move the storyline to include him.

Beast Wars was actually a pretty good "Generation" of Transformers but I sure hope they keep them FAR away from the big screen (unless it's in a completely different storyline...never connect the Beast Wars to this movie).

The 'bots I'd love to see in the upcoming film(s):

1. Soundwave
2. Mirage
3. Wheeljack
4. Shockwave
5. Inferno
6. Sunstreaker

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Where do the sequels go?

Do they introduce the Dinobots or are they too "out there?"

Will Unicron be mentioned? Does Galvatron make an appearance? Does Optimus hand over the realm to Hot Rod?
Oh I sure hope that hot rod is no place near any of the movies. That would just about kill it for me.

Beast Wars was actually a pretty good "Generation" of Transformers but I sure hope they keep them FAR away from the big screen (unless it's in a completely different storyline...never connect the Beast Wars to this movie).
Yea the beast wars wasnt bad but you are right they should be FAR FAR away from the movies.

The 'bots I'd love to see in the upcoming film(s):

1. Soundwave
2. Mirage
3. Wheeljack
4. Shockwave
5. Inferno
6. Sunstreaker
I would also like to see:
*jetfire
*blue streak
*silver streak
*ravage
*beach comber
*Ultra magnis
*scavenger
Its a long list I know but one can hope.

WDWFREAK53

Oh I sure hope that hot rod is no place near any of the movies. That would just about kill it for me.

Yea the beast wars wasnt bad but you are right they should be FAR FAR away from the movies.

I would also like to see:
*jetfire
*blue streak
*silver streak
*ravage
*beach comber
*Ultra magnis
*scavenger
Its a long list I know but one can hope.

Hehe, I'm glad I'm not the only one that hated Hot Rod :lol:

I wouldn't doubt if Soundwave is in the sequel that Ravage will be too. Frenzy and Scorponok come from larger Decepticons in this movie...so I'm sure Ravage will come from Soundwave.

erasure fan1

Original Poster

I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to Transformers. I used to play with the toys alot when I was growing up and watched the cartoons and read the comics. Transformers were big with me until the animated movie came out and after that I could never bear to play with them anymore. The movie that's coming out next month looks incredible. When they showed the preview for it before Pirates 3 half of the audience cheered through it, and that was just a preview! I can't wait to be there to see the movie. It makes me wish I still had Optimus Prime to play with!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom