Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

Rider

Photos of both sides and the ground level. They are also adding new guide-lines for the trams to follow. Not a real good picture of them but they appear they will guide the trams through a tighter turn around that area by the tunnel.
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG
temporary(411).jpg
temporary(412).jpg
IMG_0948.JPG

mm121

Photos of both sides and the ground level. They are also adding new guide-lines for the trams to follow. Not a real good picture of them but they appear they will guide the trams through a tighter turn around that area by the tunnel. View attachment 194618 View attachment 194619 View attachment 194620 View attachment 194621 View attachment 194622

do the trams load an unload in the same location?
or does the tram move in between?

that planter in the second pic, just looks like its in the way more than anything

too bad they didnt replace those big planters with some little ones

I wonder what those concrete barriers in the last pic over on the side are for

Rider

It appears the process will be the same as it is currently... just shifted forward a few yards. Each half of the lot will load and unload in their own zones.

Agreed on the planters. I'm not sure why they tore up that area and re-did it without considering the people needing to walk around them.

Not sure on the barriers but they have used a few (that you can see in 2nd to last pic) to separate the traffic lane from the new waiting area. I guess they will install them everywhere they don't have the security posts to keep people out of the tram road.

articos

I wonder what those concrete barriers in the last pic over on the side are for

When they move the tram lane to start work on the area, you need to separate guest flow from trams from work zones. And they have stored barriers here from some of the other work being done.

Monorail_Red_77

Here are some pics of the tramway work being done, as viewed from incoming tram as well as waiting at current tram load (villians). Looking nice I must say. Will be interesting to see how the whole area looks when complete, including security checkpoints.
EDIT: You can also see the Jersey Barriers in the distance all lined up and ready to be installed. Pics are from Sat 3/18

TTC TRAM 1.JPG
TTC TRAM 2.JPG

Last edited:

FigmentFan3

Forgive me if this has been previously discussed, but how will the Epcot monorail play into this? Will I be able to enter via gateway and travel to MK without going through security again?

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
So the local news outlets are now reporting all this will go into effect this Monday.

Also....
"Guests arriving at Magic Kingdom via the monorail or ferry won’t have to go through security once they get to the theme park itself. However, the Magic Kingdom will still have some bag checks and metal detectors for visitors arriving by other transportation, such as buses.

Also beginning April 3, guests staying at Disney’s Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Polynesian resorts will begin going through security at the resorts’ monorail stations."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ket-transportation-center-20170328-story.html

rocketraccoon

Any idea how it's gonna be laid out? I'm assuming between the ticket booths and monorail/ferry/bus areas in that open space, but I'm not sure. It seems like it'll (hopefully) be more spread out than what's at Magic Kingdom right now anyways, which should help.

roj2323

Original Poster
Any idea how it's gonna be laid out? I'm assuming between the ticket booths and monorail/ferry/bus areas in that open space, but I'm not sure. It seems like it'll (hopefully) be more spread out than what's at Magic Kingdom right now anyways, which should help.
The security screening will be where tram load was last week while the new team load is about 40ft out into the tram lanes. It's kind of a weird configuration but it does make sence and should work well. I just hope they don't close down the walkway to and from parking as it's much faster than taking the tram.

mm121

There are threads on the changes at the ferry dock, and changes to the TTC

we haven't seen drawings or pics of the changes at the resort monorail stations or the resort very docks yet

ev01

Well, they mentioned all MK resorts except Wilderness Lodge. Obviously, if taking the bus they will go through that security line after arriving at the park.

I wonder if they will have security at the resort for guests taking the boat to MK?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, they mentioned all MK resorts except Wilderness Lodge. Obviously, if taking the bus they will go through that security line after arriving at the park.

I wonder if they will have security at the resort for guests taking the boat to MK?
As things stand expect resort water transport to also be screened before boarding. Though this still had a few kinks to be ironed out first last I heard.

Monorail_Red_77

So, I assume that it would make it easier to screen EPCOT guests entering TTC Station, at TTC. Does this mean that the Monorail exiting at EPCOT will have a dedicated security pathway so that they can remain secured and enter EPCOT directly without any security check? Or does this mean that they will build a bypass area so that EPCOT monorail remains unchecked at TTC, like it is currently?
Am I making sense? Is this thing on?

ToTBellHop

So, I assume that it would make it easier to screen EPCOT guests entering TTC Station, at TTC. Does this mean that the Monorail exiting at EPCOT will have a dedicated security pathway so that they can remain secured and enter EPCOT directly without any security check? Or does this mean that they will build a bypass area so that EPCOT monorail remains unchecked at TTC, like it is currently?
Am I making sense? Is this thing on?
Perhaps they can just find a way to move the Epcot monorail inside the "secure zone."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom