TRAMP - Semper Fi

MKCustodial

I saw this on Facebook as well. Rich was a great guy, always had a good word for everybody and everything.

Time to finally rest, ya mutt... :(

nibblesandbits

So, I'm a bit behind, but wow....

He will definitely be missed by me for sure. He was always so helpful to me in the beginning when I started running the photo contests and things got particularly ugly...he helped me wade through some extremely difficult instances there.

He really was a class act...and as others said...he towed the line with bluntness and kindess easily...

RIP Rich...or as I knew him...Tramp. :) Thanks for everything buddy!

VintagePixiDust

Hi folks,

I would like to introduce myself - I am Tracey, Rich's daughter. While I've been a member on here for a while, I've never been active, other than some occasional reading and perusing through pictures. I stumbled upon this thread, and so I could not resist saying hello, but more than that, thank you.

I know how much my dad truly loved this forum and its members, with whom he managed to share distant yet significant relationships through the mutual love of Disney. Disney is an integral part of our family's life, and chatting with you all has kept the passion alive for our family between trips.

We all know that my dad loved to chat, and complain, and offer his blunt opinion with any chance he would get, and so I thank you for engaging him. I know he loved the dialogues he would have with all of you; it was a great hobby of his, especially since he has always loved interacting with people.

As you can imagine, the past couple months have been pure hell for my mother and me. We feel robbed; my parents have been together since age 16, best friends and partners for almost a half of a century, and so the void in her life is immense. I, only 19, have to now face the good and bad of life without the man who was my inspiration and ideal of strength. I cannot yet comprehend he is gone, and I miss him more than I would have ever conceived. The only things that can begin to ease our pain is finally realizing how much of him truly lives on in me, seeing the incredible impact he had on each life he touched, and seeing those who loved him reach out.

It is cliche to say, but you truly can never appreciate something until it is gone. Children always take their parents for granted; it's their job to always be there, so why should we ever think to thank them, or even reflect for ourselves on their gifts to us? Only since his passing have I come to realize the deep love and pride he possessed for me and my mother. While I may have never said "thank you," I am confident he knew and knows just how much I love him. Especially in our youth, we may primarily focus on the disciplinarian side of our parents - those things he wouldn't let me do, or those high standards he would set for me. Rarely do we ever realize that HE is one of those reasons I can do what I do, why my talents are what they are, and why my goals and aspirations are lofty and hopeful. I was able to make it through these past two months, growing and learning, because of his strength. It's just something I think people should consider; realize why you are the way you are, and who helped make you that way.

Again, I would like to thank you for bringing joy to my father's life, engaging him in intellectual or ridiculous dialogue, and realizing the amazing person that he will always be.

Nemo14

Tracey - your Dad was a great guy and you were (and are) his proudest achievement. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here - and a very belated welcome to the WDWMagic family! ((Hugs))

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Tramp had good reason to be proud of a clearly eloquent, loving daughter.

And you perpetuate him by living the life he helped you build for yourself.

Tigggrl

*hugs* to you and your Mom Tracey! Your Dad was a good friend, and always took such pride in sharing with me what your latest accomplishments were! He is always a big dog to me:)

SpongeScott

Tracey--thanks for sharing with us. I can see that your father was very successful in the raising of a fine, outstanding daughter.

Love and prayers to you and your mom.

maggiegrace1

Thank YOU Tracey..:)

For sharing your wonderful words with us all..it is all so true.

I know how proud he always was and is of you..Huge hugs to you and your mom...

Pop in every now and then and let us know how you both are doing..:)

Uponastar

Tracey, what a beautiful post!
Thank you for taking the time to share with us.
No doubt, your dad was, and will always be, very proud of you.

rsoxguy

Tracey,

Your father's presence on this forum was before my time, and so I never "knew" him. Nonetheless, I wish you God's greatest grace and comfort in the months ahead as you learn to cope with your loss. I trust that his impact on your heart will be his greatest legacy.

Erika

Tracey, thank you for stopping in. I'm sorry for your loss. I had heard quite a lot about you, and seen some of your artwork (years ago!). I never met your dad in person but I could imagine him beaming at the other end of the keyboard as he wrote about you and your mom. He was so very proud of you. Take care.

DiPSU224

While I did not know Rich, I always enjoyed his posts. Always kind, always well spoken.

A sad loss for the wdwmagic community. :(

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Tracey -

I see that your father's eloquence lives on in you. Your father was a good man, and I'm sure - a better father. He had a calm that was readily apparent, and was always in control of his situation, even when it seemed out of control to others....it's good to see that he instilled those values in you.

It's a rare thing in life to find a man like your father, and I feel blessed to have known him.

I, for one, invite you to stick around these forums, and get to know the people that your father knew so well. I know if you are anything like him, that others will feel the same.

tigsmom

Tracey, thank you for stopping in. I'm sorry for your loss. I had heard quite a lot about you, and seen some of your artwork (years ago!). I never met your dad in person but I could imagine him beaming at the other end of the keyboard as he wrote about you and your mom. He was so very proud of you. Take care.

I don't think any father could be more proud of a child! He so loved sharing your artwork and letting us know what you were up to. Tracey my prayers go out to you & your mom, I'm so sorry I never got to meet him in person (we missed each other on a trip by just one day! :( ), but we sure shared a lot of laughs here.
((HUGS)) to you both and know he is watching over you from above and will always be with you.

Debbie

I'm so sorry to read of this. Rich was one of the first here to befriend me. Tracey--he was so proud of you. Please stay in touch and let us know how you and your mom are doing.
I'm blown away...........and so sad..:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom