toystory3

buxfan76

Original Poster
well you all heard the story, mr michael eisner is reported to be one of the leading producers of this "disney" not pixar movie. this is gonna be a GOOD ONE!

-cant see this working out, disney will actually ruin the rep of toy story now. sadly pixar just gave the rights to disney to do whatever they want to the toy story charactors. pizza planet in mgm will change dramatically i think.

General Grizz

I don't think it's "right" for Disney to "steal" Pixar's characters and story. Sure, they have the right to do this although it's p***ing Steve Jobs off even more. I ask myself, "What are the creators of Toy Story - AND Nemo AND Monsters Inc - thinking?"

Disney hasn't had the best track record in animation story recently - 2D or 3D (no, it makes no difference. A 3-D film would flop if it were the same poor story). That being said, I don't put full confidence in Disney creating this story. Would this hurt the Toy Story films even more? Obviously, this is another attempt to exploit the characters and pull in the cash.

Plus, this is a slap in the face to today's "Disney story tellers" - the folks at Pixar.

But we'll see how they do. If it takes Pixar to split from Disney, staying successful at creating original stories, then I say, "If you can't join em, beat 'em." As Jim Hill pointed out, maybe Disney would finally get the hit once they have the "True Disney" out there competing.

Plus, Toy Story 3 is already tainted. It's "fake" in my book, and perhaps the animation and story will show that to the rest of the market. . .

Heck, I probably won't watch it (I definitely won't buy it) out of protest. Sounds harsh, but I don't like what they're doing at all.

BwanaBob

Any talk on if they will be trying to CG the movie? Or will this be an attempt to get the studios back up and running?

...If it's the latter... You're absolutely right, Grizz. Watching a "Toy Story" movie NOT in CG just seems like one of those blah, direct-to-video packages they flood out there every 3-4 months.

...Then again?...Who would they use if it were?? Hmmmmmm.

General Grizz

BwanaBob said:
Any talk on if they will be trying to CG the movie? Or will this be an attempt to get the studios back up and running?

...If it's the latter... You're absolutely right, Grizz. Watching a "Toy Story" movie NOT in CG just seems like one of those blah, direct-to-video packages they flood out there every 3-4 months.

...Then again?...Who would they use if it were?? Hmmmmmm.
Well, even if it were in CG, Disney's nowhere near Pixar. I expect things would look different. . .

wdwmaniac

Can someone tell me why Disney doesn't buy PIXAR? I heard they are worth about 5 Billion (disney bought Fox Family for that). Also with Eisner leaving Jobs really doesn't have to worry that his evil arc nemsis will have control of them. It would give Pixar the rights to all there movies, it would give Disney the profits and quality CGI, Jobs will have a pocket full of money, Eisner will maybe mend some feelings by having a good buyout, both creative dept. will be together, and there will be no more worries, fighting, and we will all be able to see Pixar movies by Pixar people but with our beloved Disney name on them.

Lynx04

wdwmaniac said:
Can someone tell me why Disney doesn't buy PIXAR?
I am sure Disney had a chance to buy into PIXAR back in 1986 when Lucas sold it and went public. Of course it was Jobs who bought 10 million dollars worth of stock.

on http://www.macobserver.com/columns/thisweek/2004/20040206.shtml :
1986: Having been forced out of Apple just months prior, Steve Jobs pays $10 million to George Lucas for a majority interest in Pixar, then a small computer division at Lucasfilm. When the company went public in 1995 on the strength of its first animated feature, Toy Story, Jobs' stake was worth $1.17 billion -- more than the value of his Apple stock at any time during his tenure in Cupertino.

Obviously, I am being a Monday Morning Quarterback, but nonetheless interesting.

WDW Tragic

Account Suspended
General Grizz said:
I don't think it's "right" for Disney to "steal" Pixar's characters and story. Sure, they have the right to do this although it's p***ing Steve Jobs off even more. I ask myself, "What are the creators of Toy Story - AND Nemo AND Monsters Inc - thinking?"
The Toy Story characters are owned buy Disney! They are Disney characters.They put up the money for that first movie to be made. That was the deal. Too bad Pixar.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Kind of sad that people tend to think of Pixar over Disney now when it comes to quality animation.

I thought TS3 would be CG, and that Disney was setting up a studio and recruiting animators from other studios to work on it. To me, that last part says a lot.

Lynx04

HauntedPirate said:
Kind of sad that people tend to think of Pixar over Disney now when it comes to quality animation.
Yeah, Disney drop the ball on not taking advantage of the future of animation. It seems as though they thought 3D animation would just be novalty that would fade. If that is the case it looks like they gambled wrong. However, now that they are starting their own 3D animation department, all of that may change. I will take a few years but we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom