Toy Story Playland

Next Big Thing

Paris they don't Midway Mania either so of course carnie games won't work in that location. Florida you have Midway Mania which is basically "Free Carnie Games: The Ride", hell even at Tokyo they introduced carnie games to play outside of the ride.
With all this complaining about carnie games and the like, you'd think WDW is over flowed with them. Very incorrect however. There are more carnie games at the 2 -Uni parks than in the 4 WDW parks combined, yet nobody says a peep about that. People were actually COMPLIMENTING the addition of the midway games outside of The Simpsons ride last year.

wdwgreek

I think a toystory playland would be fine, everyone else has said it DHS needs capacity. That said, if RSR isn't there, because of budget cuts, they better be saving the money for the Stars Wars E-ticket and accompanying attractions/theming.

BrerJon

Woody and gang want more toys to compete in their Midway games as such Woody and the gang have set up new attractions to draw them to the Midway.

Done and done.

Maybe Andy got one of these for Christmas, and TDO gave Woody some hints on how to use it.
prodzoomimg349.jpg

SteamboatStitch

Really don't mind the addition of these rides at DHS. It needs more family friendly stuff, and these fit the bill. My ONLY complaint would be that it's called Pixar Place, but you're gonna load it up with only Toy Story? Where's my Monsters? How about something based on UP or the Incredibles? Even if they are flatrides, they are woefully under-represented and this would be a prime opportunity to include them.

SirLink

With all this complaining about carnie games and the like, you'd think WDW is over flowed with them. Very incorrect however. There are more carnie games at the 2 -Uni parks than in the 4 WDW parks combined, yet nobody says a peep about that. People were actually COMPLIMENTING the addition of the midway games outside of The Simpsons ride last year.

So doesn't make it a good design choice for a theme park though...

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Really don't mind the addition of these rides at DHS. It needs more family friendly stuff, and these fit the bill. My ONLY complaint would be that it's called Pixar Place, but you're gonna load it up with only Toy Story? Where's my Monsters? How about something based on UP or the Incredibles? Even if they are flatrides, they are woefully under-represented and this would be a prime opportunity to include them.
Phases 2 and 3 of Pixar Place expansion, I would hope, will come. Could by Monsters, Cars, Incredibles, Bugs...

Captain Neo

Here's the actual source, the most recent Al Lutz Miceage Update, that this information is coming from. It might help for folks to read it within context. http://micechat.com/85860-miceage-update-bridge-to-nowhere/

I imagine the news here about changes to the DAS program will also make the jump to WDW. It's not just the cloning of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree into a Toy Story theme.

That's not Al Lutz's article

Captain Neo

This looks so cheap are you kidding me? Yes it is true the park needs family attractions but that means something like actual dark rides like Pinnochio's Daring Journey, Peter Pan, etc. or something like Tokyo's 20k Under the sea and Sinbad attractions.

Spinners and flat rides are not "family attractions" they are junk

TP2000

That's not Al Lutz's article

I get it, Al had/has some health problems and stepped away from the microphone.

But then, for the past several Miceage Updates, this altered note has appeared at the bottom of the Miceage Updates. (Coincidentally, this was around the time some really juicy rumors were broken by Miceage; Luigi's being replaced, Frozen invading HollywoodLand, Fastpass coming to Fantasmic!, Mater's being cloned for Playland at DHS, etc.)

Here's the note, with that last sentence the most important.

"The MiceAge crew was started by Al Lutz in 2003, and is committed to bringing you the inside Disney story that you just can't get anywhere else. As much as we'd all like to see more frequent rumor updates on the site, we only publish when reliable news and rumors are available to share. Generally, you'll find a new MiceAge news update from Al and crew once or twice a month on Tuesdays."

So while I get that Al Lutz is older and taking it easy, it appears he still has a connection to his famous updates. I've been reading Al Lutz online since around '97, when I had a 28K Dial-Up Modem that was very noisy. I'll continue to read his team's updates and continue to call them "Al", likely even after he passes away at some point.

I also refer to Kentucky Fried Chicken as "going to see the Colonel". Colonel Harland Sanders died almost 40 years ago, but I still remember him and know that it's his chicken. :cool:

Captain Neo

Just read the Toy Story 4 announcement.... It all becomes clear!

ahhh yea I saw the TS4 news earlier and it didn't connect thats probably why there going to give Toy Story a big push in DHS. Cars too since Lasseter is also directing another Cars movie. Apparently the non Lasseter pixar properties get screwed which is a shame because they have more interesting subject matters :/

jam814

toy story play land cost less than 100mil for DLP. The park need more attractions period. This will get us 3 badly needed attractions for under a 1/10 of the budget. they need attractions like this to eat disperse the crowds. the have 1+billion to spend on d and e tickets.

CJR

Mice Chat has lost it's touch, IMO. Too negative and unreliable as of late, again IMO.

That said, it is very believable we will be getting some flat rides coming into DHS. I think they will make up a very small portion of the expansion and you will still see other franchises added to Pixar Place, which was always the original vision for the land. We'll probably know for sure this time next year, but I don't think we'll be disappointed by what we see.

Macca250

Iger and Lassester have announced Toy Story 4 for 2017. TSPL and the additional track for mania have all become very clear; synergy! Iger's dream come true - get a new land and increase capacity at Mania and you have some serious attendance increases and merchandise sales.... DHS, once the dog, now the star.... Probably :banghead:

Last edited:

Kman101

At least Disney seems to be waking up to this newfangled "if you build it they will come" aspect. You know, the one they started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom