Toy Story Midway Mania Strategy Guide! (score above 250k, every time!)

stevieg639

Were you able to unlock any of the secrets alone?

There are some secrets you are able to unlock on your own, however it is a little more difficult to do especially on the boopeep dart game, army men, and woody's shooting gallery. The secrets for the space ring game can be unlocked by yourself but it is a little more difficult.

On another note,
I have found another secret for the army men plate breaking game. When you and your partner break the jumping 2000 plates, more will pop up. When the 4 plates worth 2000 will pop up on each side. You and your partner must break at least 2 each on your sides and then a tank from the middle of the screen will appear. This will be difficult to see but it will shoot a plate worth 5000 and it will shoot every so often. It comes very fast but if you shoot it, it is 5000 every time. I hope this was not too complicated for you and your partner. Have a great time and good luck. Remember this can only be done if you and your partner do it together. This cannot be unlocked by yourself.

Pseybert

Original Poster
There are some secrets you are able to unlock on your own, however it is a little more difficult to do especially on the boopeep dart game, army men, and woody's shooting gallery. The secrets for the space ring game can be unlocked by yourself but it is a little more difficult.

On another note,
I have found another secret for the army men plate breaking game. When you and your partner break the jumping 2000 plates, more will pop up. When the 4 plates worth 2000 will pop up on each side. You and your partner must break at least 2 each on your sides and then a tank from the middle of the screen will appear. This will be difficult to see but it will shoot a plate worth 5000 and it will shoot every so often. It comes very fast but if you shoot it, it is 5000 every time. I hope this was not too complicated for you and your partner. Have a great time and good luck. Remember this can only be done if you and your partner do it together. This cannot be unlocked by yourself.

I was under the impression that the plates the tank shot were 2,000 points each.

stevieg639

I was under the impression that the plates the tank shot were 2,000 points each.

Well, I thought they were 5000. I also used deductive reasoning because if they were just 2000 then why bring out another tank that shoots them every so often, when you have 4 flying 2000 plates going off on each side. Just seems to me that it would be only fitting that they would be worth 5000, and I saw them, for a brief second, have a 5000 sticker on them.

stevieg639

I was wondering if anyone has unlocked any more secrets to the bopeep balloon dart game besides the ones already unlocked. I talked to a castmember about this and he says just listen to the hints the characters say in the game. Each time I have played, I have heard them say harvest those apples. Has anyone harvested the apples from a tree and something pops up. If you have any thoughts or experiences in this area please let us know. This will help us get a better score for everyone. Thanks

kdzgon

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I just found it. First, thank you for posting it! Second, any more updates? Third, FYI, in the final bonus round, if you get through all the 2000 point targets you will get one 5000 target. It seems to end with that one 5000 pt target.

In the Army Men game, there are a few 100 point plates that are gold in color. Hit them and "something" (red) flies out very quickly. Does anyone know if this just supposed to be a distraction or if it is a bonus opportunity?

EpcotServo

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I just found it. First, thank you for posting it! Second, any more updates? Third, FYI, in the final bonus round, if you get through all the 2000 point targets you will get one 5000 target. It seems to end with that one 5000 pt target.

In the Army Men game, there are a few 100 point plates that are gold in color. Hit them and "something" (red) flies out very quickly. Does anyone know if this just supposed to be a distraction or if it is a bonus opportunity?

It's just a 1000 Pt. Plate, that when you hit triggers an air burst. After trying several times, it has nothing to do with any "event" in the game, other than being good for points and a nice surprise.

sillyspook13

Third, FYI, in the final bonus round, if you get through all the 2000 point targets you will get one 5000 target. It seems to end with that one 5000 pt target.
On Saturday I managed to get 3-4 of the 5,000 point targets. It may be related to accuracy, because I was at 75-90% through most of the game.

Pseybert

Original Poster
I should update the guide, because I now know more secrets. And as the fates would have it, I may be working at this attraction very soon.

Rinx

TSM.jpg

tsm2.jpg

All 6 scores you see are mine. Some have been alone, some with a teammate. My all time high is 341700 and I achieved it by myself. I've been able to unlock everything myself except for Bo Peep's and Woody's Roundup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom