Toy Story Mania

ToTBellHop

It goes: Welcome to the Disney-MGM Studios...I mean, uh...welcome to the local carnival. Hey, look! Your friends from the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios film Toy Story have taken over. Arm ze missiles! SHOOT, SHOOT!

Now enjoy the gift shop and the nearby, thematically-appropriate Studios Backlot Tour.

Patsfan28

It is going to be very similar to Buzz Lightyear from MK except you will be playing carnival games such as ring toss etc...

Kristi Kay

It's going to be carnival games?? Like at AK? Really? Are they going to charge for $2 a pop for them as well, like they need the extra $2. It kind of annoys me, if the is so....

Vernonpush

It's like Buzz Lightyear and Disney Quest's Pirates of the Caribbean combined. But instead of shooting for "Z"s or skeletons you're playing "carnival games".

Does that make any sense?:ROFLOL:

ImaYoyo

Or if you've been to universal, like crossing spidey with MIB, but less intense, yet more interactive. The games get more difficult for players that shoot better, and becomes easier for players that aren't so hot.

RSoxNo1

Hey ppl can u plz tell me how the story goes for the toy story mania.

Some people have already mentioned the basic parts of the ride, but before I go into a little bit further detail, the members of the boards would appreciate it if you didn't use weblingo/shorthand like "ppl" and "plz". Thanks!

On to the ride:
The link to some concept art and construction photos can be found here:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/toystorymania.htm

The ride will take the technology of Buzz Lightyear up a notch as your omniver vehicles will go through a series of 3d screens that show several classic carnival/midway style games. The game will be hosted by your favorite Toy Story charcters sans Buzz Lightyear. The ride will start and stop for each game, presumably as the vehicles load and unload to keep a consistent flow of guests moving through the ride.

More information can be found in the link, and I'm sure their will be more updates on that link as Steve learns more about the attraction.

juan

the only thing that I'm questioning is how are both opening dates (WDW and DCA) supposed to coincide when WDW's building is nearly finished and DCA is still pouring footers?

WDWGoof07

I'm really excited for this ride, but what I'm really curious about is how the Imagineers will make TSM fit into the Studios. I do have confidence, though, that they'll find a creative way to do it.

No matter what, TSM will be great for the Studios.

ToTBellHop

the only thing that I'm questioning is how are both opening dates (WDW and DCA) supposed to coincide when WDW's building is nearly finished and DCA is still pouring footers?
they will not coincide. DCA's could open as much as 6 months after ours--it was never designed to open at the same time as MGM's and is behind schedule. MGM's will open next May...DCA's...Fall 2008?

Piebald

TSM is scheduled to tentatively open April 23rd (although everything is subject to change, obviously).

The building itself...well...I walked by today and there's not much going on inside other than a bunch of steel beams and the outer part of the queue you can see from Mickey Ave.

movieride

I'm really excited for this ride, but what I'm really curious about is how the Imagineers will make TSM fit into the Studios. I do have confidence, though, that they'll find a creative way to do it.

No matter what, TSM will be great for the Studios.

I agree. As long as it's done with loving care (ie Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic, etc.) MGM will have a welcome winner on it's hands. This appears to be the first attraction of it's kind at MGM a la Fantasyland. if they can work in the idea of bringing Toy Story Movies or at least their characters to life- It'll fit into MGM great.

To fit more into MGM it might be cool if someday there was an attraction based around witnessing Toy Story characters acting their lines for a movie (like shown in the "bloopers" reel at the end of the 2 films)

Scar Junior

I agree. As long as it's done with loving care (ie Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic, etc.) MGM will have a welcome winner on it's hands. This appears to be the first attraction of it's kind at MGM a la Fantasyland. if they can work in the idea of bringing Toy Story Movies or at least their characters to life- It'll fit into MGM great.

To fit more into MGM it might be cool if someday there was an attraction based around witnessing Toy Story characters acting their lines for a movie (like shown in the "bloopers" reel at the end of the 2 films)

You really think so? I've yet to hear a compelling argument for how this fits in to the park. It's essentially just something thrown into an open lot to help save a struggling park.... IMO. I hope it's good, I really do. I'll give it a shot... but I'm not enthusiastic about the addition.

ToTBellHop

You really think so? I've yet to hear a compelling argument for how this fits in to the park. It's essentially just something thrown into an open lot to help save a struggling park.... IMO. I hope it's good, I really do. I'll give it a shot... but I'm not enthusiastic about the addition.
would you be more enthusiastic if they renamed the park the Disney-Six Flags Studios? I can make a few calls...

DisneyMusician2

It will probably be pretty good, but it has no place in MGM so far the way they have been presenting it. Perhaps when it opens, it will have more of a clear-cut movie storyline, but I am just anxious to add a new ride to a park that is really having a theming problem and having a very tough time keeping up with the times. (LONG LIVE THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom