Toy Story Land Opening

mlayton144

I too am really excited about this - FUN looking coaster and spin ride, plus a new themed area of park to enjoy ! Add SWGE and GMR replacement, this will be a nice park to visit

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
The point is, it's when Toy Story Land will actually open. Which heretofore has only been guesses.
Right, but I wasn’t asking when it will actually open. I already knew that answer, as I read the same thing that you read. What I was asking is whether anyone believes there will be a soft opening. So I guess your response as to when it officially opens still puzzles me.

Darkbeer1

The way Theme Parks work in general. When they set a firm date, they have a window designed for construction delays, bad weather,etc. If everything goes smoothly, the park will start testing and training CM's, using CM's asguests first, then the general public. So a Soft Opening might happen, but way to early to know.

docdebbi

I am sure I am way behind with my knowledge, but what is the word about FP status for this 1 new attractions. I'm betting both TSMM and the flying saucers are tier 1.....will make it hard to choose if so

nickys

Premium Member
I am sure I am way behind with my knowledge, but what is the word about FP status for this 1 new attractions. I'm betting both TSMM and the flying saucers are tier 1.....will make it hard to choose if so

Well if it's anything like Pandora, they'll announce that info the day before booking opens.....

Which for Pandora was the 24th March, for the opening on 27th May. The same day they opened registration for the AP and DVC previews, again 1 day after announcing them!

So towards the end of April we should know! :joyfull:

There has been discussion on (one of) the dedicated TSL thread(s) around whether they would have both new rides and TSMM as tier 1. No conclusion reached - shockingly ;)

POLY LOVER

Some tough comments from David Koenig

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/...toy-story-land-in-orlandos-walt-disney-world/

>>
Unofficial Disneyland historian David Koenig, author of Mouse Tales and other books about the world’s first theme park, described the new land as “a quick patch to a theme park that has a giant crater sized hole in it.”

The Hollywood Studios will be the location for the eagerly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land (that will be mirrored in Anaheim’s Disneyland,) slated to open in 2019, but otherwise was lacking ride capacity, Koenig said.

He said the new land was hurriedly created to offer something new to guests, similar to the way A Bug’s Land was created and opened in October 2002 in Disney California Adventure to meet criticism that that park had too few rides for children when it opened in 2001.

According to Koenig, the new Alien Swirling Saucers is built on the same design as Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land, just with a different theming, and the Slinky Dog coaster was also built with off-the-shelf plans. The new Woody’s Lunch Box will replace the former Pizza Planet restaurant, he said.<<

More at the link

Well this is depressing! Like I said before this is what you get when you are in catch up mode. If this is a big nothing burger with no wow to it then management should get raked over the coals.

Last edited:

Allym146

Too bad it's just Toy Story. I mean Toy Story is a great film or films but what about the other Pixar movies in the park.
I agree! I would love an indoor rollercoaster based on the door factory scene in Monsters Inc! Or some dark ride similar to soarin for Wall-e. :inlove:
I'm not particularly drawn to Tony Story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom