Toy Story and Soarin Rumors

ToTBellHop

Both rides are in parks that lack rides, so I think the popularity of these attractions is based on the fact that there's not as much to do. If TDO built a couple more rides in each park we'd see wait times for Soarin and TSMM go to about 60 mins for sure. I would much rather have a different Pixar attraction rather than doubling toy story.
DCA lacks rides?
Um I don't think the lines at Soarin in Cali have gotten any shorter since it was one of two etickets. They've always been and still are almost as long as the ones here. There's just a lot less people in Cali and a lot less hype.

And toy story out there routinely gets at least 60 minute waits. In the hot sun no less. Not that much shorter than here these days since fp+. And that's without fast pass AND with it being a more minor attraction there.

Agree with your point just not yor reasoning.

And to those crying bs over either of these rumors - again it's not BS. Can't say whether either will happen but the plans are definitely real.
there is no point in arguing personal experience, since it is just that. However, I have personally been to DCA in July and seldom seen Soarin's line cross 40 minutes. Not at all like the 180- minute waits seen at Epcot in July. I have seen 60 or even 80 minute waits for Midway Mania at DCA, yes, in the sun, but not 2 to 3 hour waits like at DHS. This is a problem of not building rides of appropriate capacity for DHS and Epcot, which see many more guests than DCA while having fewer rides.

WishIwasThere

Apparently, they underestimated the popularity of these attractions in FL. Soarin, for example, is in a park with MANY more E-Tickets in DCA than in Epcot, so it gets much longer waits at Epcot. Midway Mania in DCA has no where near the lines it sees in DHS. And it doesn't have Fastpass (gasp!).
And the reason Midway doesn't have the wait times at DCA where DHS does, is well actually two reasons, no actually three.
1. TSMM is not the newest ride in the park. All of Cars Land, Arial, SSS, and Goofy's (alright a retheme not a new ride) came after TSMM.
2. There are twice as many rides / shows / attractions in DCA vs. DHS.
3. No fastpasses to clog up the standby lines.

WildcatDen

Move MILF over here and you have a whole new area.

Fingers crosses that one day it will happen.
I heard if the move MILF it is going in to a dimly lit, out of the way corner of the park. However, even with this obscure location, the cue line is expected to be long and interestingly enough, interactive?

seascape

I think the original poster meant that Epcot and DHS lack rides. Which is true. In DL resort they cram as many rides into two parks that WDW has in four.
And 3 of the parks are bigger than Disneyland. This is one area I think everyone can agree the Magic Kingdom and the other parks need more rides and attractions.

Travel Junkie

Um I don't think the lines at Soarin in Cali have gotten any shorter since it was one of two etickets. They've always been and still are almost as long as the ones here. There's just a lot less people in Cali and a lot less hype.

And toy story out there routinely gets at least 60 minute waits. In the hot sun no less. Not that much shorter than here these days since fp+. And that's without fast pass AND with it being a more minor attraction there.

Agree with your point just not yor reasoning.

And to those crying bs over either of these rumors - again it's not BS. Can't say whether either will happen but the plans are definitely real.

Soarin in DCA is typically in the 20-30 minute wait range. On a busy day it may hit 45 and the busiest day of the year roughly an hour wait.

TSMM averages a 30-45 minute wait since Cars Land opened. 60 minute wait times are extremely rare.

If WDW wanted to reduce lines they could by adding more ride capacity.

GrumpyFan

And the reason Midway doesn't have the wait times at DCA where DHS does, is well actually two reasons, no actually three.
1. TSMM is not the newest ride in the park. All of Cars Land, Arial, SSS, and Goofy's (alright a retheme not a new ride) came after TSMM.

Also, DCA doesn't draw as many guests on average, compared to DHS.
Recent estimates show 8.5 million annually for DCA and 10.1 for DHS, just a few more.

Texas84

DCA lacks rides?

there is no point in arguing personal experience, since it is just that. However, I have personally been to DCA in July and seldom seen Soarin's line cross 40 minutes. Not at all like the 180- minute waits seen at Epcot in July. I have seen 60 or even 80 minute waits for Midway Mania at DCA, yes, in the sun, but not 2 to 3 hour waits like at DHS. This is a problem of not building rides of appropriate capacity for DHS and Epcot, which see many more guests than DCA while having fewer rides.

That's been my experience on half marathon weekends. Short line at Soarin' and baking outside at MM for maybe 45 minutes.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Capacity for both rides is less than demand most days at WDW. Part of the reason DCA has lower waits is there are less total people in the park. If every person wants to ride TSMM once there isn't enough capacity. Same thing happens with LM, but because its a people eater the waits at WDW still don't get crazy long.

If you want to take away a giant people eater like Indy it's gonna make it even worse. It's not a sexy addition, but it may be a necessary first step towards an overhaul.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If WDW wanted to reduce lines they could by adding more ride capacity.
If the number of guests stays constant but you add new rides, in theory the line for TSMM could go down some. If the new rides draw in additional guests it could do the opposite if those additional guests all want to ride TSMM too. There are less locals at WDW and the tourist crowd tends to like to ride everything. In DCA how many people pop in to check out Carsland but not do many of the other rides? Especially if the line is 30+ minutes and you've done it before.

RSoxNo1

Adding capacity to TSMM will also assist with congestion in a very busy area that was never intended to have foot traffic. If it's a 3rd track, that track/load area, that area also doesn't need to be ADA compliant because it already exists on the other side.

When the Monster's Inc Coaster was planned, there was significant concern that crowds would be even worse than they have been. Considering how much area is available in the backlot, it's not a huge problem that this takes up an area planned for a D-ticket attraction. The area currently occupied by the Backlot tour looks to be 8+ times the size of this building.

RSoxNo1

4. DHS has higher attendance. Having said that, if you put Fastpass on DCA's version it would regularly have waits of 60-90 minutes. I almost always wait 40 minutes for it at DCA.

xstech25

Soarin needs a 3rd theater as of 10 years ago. Its especially going to need higher capacity moving forward if its going to get re-done and become even more popular than it already is. I'm really happy that Disney realized that the two big headliner rides at Epcot (Soarin and Test Track) both were out of date and had much better potential than what was being utilized. Of course there are a lot of other things at Epcot that need attention as well.

deix15x8

Not sure how much duplicating a ride would do. This seems more like a short term bandaid than looking at the cause of the problem. The issue is that their are only a few rides so the capacity is split across all those rides. By doubling the capacity of TSMM they are simply cutting that rides wait time in half but those same people will just be on to wait in the next ride quicker or head to a different park faster.

They would be better off duplicating the ride with a completely different theme. There have been a ton of Pixar films, they have to be able to pick just one more that would work. Even if it is the same ride with a different theme and set of games it would not directly cut the wait time down but it would entice everyone waiting in line to then try the other increasing the overall time people would spend in the park. You would still have some that choose to only do one since they are similar so that would still create an overall decrease in the wait tome for each ride while increasing the overall park value.

WishIwasThere

Also, DCA doesn't draw as many guests on average, compared to DHS.
Recent estimates show 8.5 million annually for DCA and 10.1 for DHS, just a few more.
That difference is only 4300 people a day, so that is 23,000 into DCA which has a ton of attractions and shows, and 27,000 into DHS which is lacking in both attractions and shows. DCA has like 5 E tickets, RSR, ToT, California Screamin, Grizzly River Run, and Soarin'. What do we have at DHS, RnRC w/ Aerosmith, ToT, and maybe you can include Star Tours. So we have longer lines in the attractions that DHS does have. Add to Pixar Place and add Star Wars Land and then it would be about comperable.

seascape

That difference is only 4300 people a day, so that is 23,000 into DCA which has a ton of attractions and shows, and 27,000 into DHS which is lacking in both attractions and shows. DCA has like 5 E tickets, RSR, ToT, California Screamin, Grizzly River Run, and Soarin'. What do we have at DHS, RnRC w/ Aerosmith, ToT, and maybe you can include Star Tours. So we have longer lines in the attractions that DHS does have. Add to Pixar Place and add Star Wars Land and then it would be about comperable.
Based on the news reports both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are having major increases in attendance so much in fact that they stopped selling some new ticket packages. I would not be too surprised if DCA passed DHS in attendance in the next few years. The saving grace though for DHS this year may be Frozen. It would be hard for DCA to increase to much more than 10 million this year so even a small increase at DHS would probably keep above DCA and with Frozen I would not be shocked to see DHS at 11 million.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom