Tower Of Terror v.s Rock 'n' Rollercoaster.

squeek

Original Poster
In your opinion, what would you say is the better thrill ride?

I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan and in my opinion they make the coaster that much more fun.

But I am also a HUGE Twilight Zone fan. I would give it to the tower. I love that you dont know what drop sequence you will get, and that fact always gives me goose bumps. I would also say that cast members that get into their role in the tower also make the experience that much more enjoyable.

Whats your pick?

I love Rock n Rollercoaster just cause it's so much fun...not scary at all, just fun. ToT just scares the crap out of me since fear of heights...well really falling from them...is a real phobia for me. With that said, I have to do ToT once every trip and RnR as many times as I can fit it in. ;)

litaljohn

I'm going tower of terror. I frankly just like the theme better, I like the little call Backs in the lobby to previous episode of twilight zone, plus my favorite Aerosmith song was love in an elevator and that's too fits way better in tower of terror as well. except for that three second snippet of them Singing "love in a roller coaster" at the end that makes me cringe.

plus rock n roller coaster is designed to be able to quickly yank Tyler and get another band involved. maybe a band that wrote about a ride on steel, maybe like a steel horse or something.
maybe a band that's seen a million faces, and rocked them all.
maybe a rock band that sold over a 140 million records.
maybe a rock band that continues to be a top ticket seller annually.
perhaps a band associiated with Disney already....... (Jons first appearance was on the star wars Christmas special!!!)
maybe a band that does tons of charitable work, maybe a band that like Disney has once had it own sports franchise (Philadelphia soul)
maybe a band who played the Super Bowl the year Floridas own Tampa bay bucs ( who used to have spring training at disney world) won it all.

in summation I think Disney would be wise to look at the potential of introducing a new band with new songs for the ride, perhaps off the top o my head ,Bon Jovi. if not them, perhaps Danny Kaye, or some other fresh act.

Pooh Lover

I agree...totally different thrills. My vote goes to Tower. I live in Ohio, a couple hours from Cedar Point where roller coasters are plentiful. I can't think of any other attraction that can give me that kind of thrill. It's definitely a favorite and I look forward to it every year.

luv

From a strictly "thrill" perspective, it has to be RnRc. RnRc is the closest thing Disney has to a state-of-the-art thrill coaster.

But I think I enjoy tot more and I usually don't wait as long to ride it.

They're both decent rides.

BransonJ

Rockin Roller Coaster. Just because when you exit the studio and get into the alley and watch the limo blast out just makes the ride that much more exciting for me, the thrill of waiting and the anxiety that goes with it.
I do believe that eventually they should just make it with several rock bands. Both classic and today.

Still love ToT, just more of a coaster junkie.

The Empress Lilly

plus rock n roller coaster is designed to be able to quickly Tyler and get another band involved. maybe a band that wrote about a ride on steel, maybe like a steel horse or something.
maybe a band that's seen a million faces, and rocked them all.
maybe a rock band that sold over a 140 million records.
maybe a rock band that continues to be a top ticket seller annually.
perhaps a band associiated with Disney already....... (Jons first appearance was on the star wars Christmas special!!!)
maybe a band that does tons of charitable work, maybe a band that like Disney has once had it own sports franchise (Philadelphia soul)
maybe a band who played the Super Bowl the year Floridas own Tampa bay bucs ( who used to have spring training at disney world) won it all.
I'm guessing One Direction?

PrincessMia

@litaljohn- What a freakin riot! I love me some Bon Jovi too! Don't get me wrong, I love RnR mostly for the theming, but a Bon Jovi RnR- I would ride that just for the music.

disneyfan1995

This is really hard to choose, but I'd have to say TOT.

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is very thrilling especially with the takeoff (which I LOVE) and the three inversions, but other than that it is over so quickly.

Tower of Terror has more of a build up. The spooky plot line of the five ghosts in the hotel really sets the scene for what you're about to experience while you're in the service elevator. Then there is that thrill you get when your on the second level and the doors open up (that bright light) and then you enter the fifth dimension. Then all of the drops are just so thrilling.

bubbles1812

Tower of Terror. I like both but TOT provides the bigger thrill for me. The story is creepily great. The anticipation of the drop is so fun. And the randomized drop sequence makes for a different experience every time.

Rockin' Roller Coaster is good because of the theme but honestly it is in one of the wimpiest classes of roller coasters. It isn't a kiddie coaster for certain but if it were in say a coaster park with no theming, I probably wouldn't even give it a second look. There are simply better thrill coasters out there that I find more fun. That said, I do like the story behind the ride and all the blacklight/neon colors make for a very fun experience, just not as good as TOT in my book.

litaljohn

I'm guessing One Direction?

if they allowed Steven colberts breakdown of "that's what makes you beautiful" okay,

otherwise maybe we can go with the hot, totally not awkward at all track by brad paisley and LL cool csi.

( bringing it back full circle ll cool j did have a special edition of the track "baby" featuring richie sambora.....)

Tom Morrow

Tower of Terror wins for me, even though I do think it could use some love and some upgrades to the experience all around. The thing with Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is that after the launch and first two inversions (a "sea serpent roll"), the intensity quickly dies and the rest is just uninteresting turns, save for one corkscrew. Everest, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain have a more interesting layout, and then there's California Screamin', which is over two minutes of coaster fun. RnRc also has one of the worst queues in WDW for the standby line, since you'll spend a huge chunk of your wait time outside with absolutely nothing to look at.
From a strictly "thrill" perspective, it has to be RnRc. RnRc is the closest thing Disney has to a state-of-the-art thrill coaster.

But I think I enjoy tot more and I usually don't wait as long to ride it.

They're both decent rides.
In a way, Expedition Everest is more "state of the art" than Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. Lots of coasters these days have launches. Only a small few change your direction of travel through track switches and new routes.

PUSH

Only considering the thrill factor, hands down RnR. It's just so fast and amazing. Huge thrill every time I ride.

From an all-around perspective, hands down ToT. The theming is some of the best Disney has ever done, and it still gives you quite a big thrill.

That's my take on it.

luv

Tower of Terror wins for me, even though I do think it could use some love and some upgrades to the experience all around. The thing with Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is that after the launch and first two inversions (a "sea serpent roll"), the intensity quickly dies and the rest is just uninteresting turns, save for one corkscrew. Everest, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain have a more interesting layout, and then there's California Screamin', which is over two minutes of coaster fun. RnRc also has one of the worst queues in WDW for the standby line, since you'll spend a huge chunk of your wait time outside with absolutely nothing to look at.In a way, Expedition Everest is more "state of the art" than Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. Lots of coasters these days have launches. Only a small few change your direction of travel through track switches and new routes.
EE is newer and its a FUN ride! But there isn't much thrill to it. It's a thrill ride for people who don't ride thrill rides. I still think RnRc is the closest thing Disney has to the big time rides.

I see your point, though.

I don't much care about going backwards and can live very happily without stops and waits during my thrill rides. But it isnt a bad ride. I do enjoy riding EE a lot! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom