Tower of Terror facade work...

Cmdr_Crimson

What is a Shikri Untudu ? Google gave me nothing. :shrug:

Instead of the Twilight zone storyline since Japan has never had the show overseas. Disney made a different storyline.

From Wikipedia
The story of this Tower is much more complex than the others. The story follows the adventures of the hotel's famous builder, Harrison Hightower. Having completed many expeditions around the world and collecting thousands of countless artifacts (most of which were stolen for personal gain), all of which he stored in his hotel. After one such expedition to Africa, he brings home an idol by the name of Shiriki Utundu.

He claims that the natives were very unhappy to part with their beloved god and threatened him that it would curse him. On December 31, 1899, Hightower held a huge party, attended by many members of the press. There he boasted about how great he was for taking the idol and denied any claims to it being cursed and even went so far as to insult it. He even used the idols head to put out his cigarette. Around midnight, he entered the elevator to retire to his quarters at the top of the hotel. As the elevator neared the top, Shiriki Utundu came to life.

The idol zapped him and the elevator, causing it to drop and crash at the bottom. When the elevator was finally pried open, only Hightower's hat and the idol were found. The hotel was then abandoned and left for many years, claimed by the locals to be haunted. After several years, in 1912, a woman from a New York restoration company reopened the hotel with paid tours available. It is on these "tours" that guests embark on when they enter the hotel.

And this here is the mischevious statue that wreaks havoc in the ToT in Tokyo...:D
shirikiutundu1.jpg
shirikiutundu2.jpg

And this is part of the Preshow that shows what happens to the Fate of Harrison Hightower..
[youtube]e6ou8FhCTgo[/youtube]

loveofamouse

If it's done right, I think it would be neat if the elevator tubes did get "electrocuted" with each dropping car. That happens on the inside.

For the scaffolding to go all around, though, I think they are probably just repainting.

jjharvpro

The Tokyo ToT seems pretty sweet(wish I knew what they were saying though :)). Lighting bolts b4 each drop outside would be sick!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom