Tower of Terror Bellhops

BodyProbe

Original Poster
Not sure if one of these ever came out, but I think most would agree ToT and Haunted Mansion have the best chances at really good performance theming.. (and also for me disapppointing when you get none) but I want this thread for cool stories and performances from the Cast.. I was at ToT recently and when entering the library was surprised to find not one, but two bellhops inside.. both as creepy as ever... they didn't say a word.. just were both there.. backs turned, then slowly turned to greet us all.. freaked everyone out without scaring anyone, which is how it should be in my opinion... was a great time... I also enjoy the occasional bellhop on Sunset holding luggage.. saw one yelling "Has anyone seen my luggage anywhere?" Classic.. Wish I caught some of the names to compliment at guest relations.

wdwishes2005

worst experiance...

two female bellhops at the loading area ignored everyone but themselves, only stop talking to board people, and start the safety spiel.

best experiance,

the freakiest bellhops imho, Joshua, and TJ? joshua loaded us, and was terribly frightening, then tj was waitingwith his face on the door, and when the door opened, he scared a bunch of people.

imho ToT bellhops are the most memorable CMs.

Disneydreaming

Was there last week and on one occasion riding ToT, TJ was loading us onto the elevator and had my kids and I cracking up laughing with his expressions, he is just perfect for ToT.

WDWKat26

Joshua is one of my closest friends, he is an AMAZING bellhop. So is TJ, they're both amazing at staying in character, they're my 2 favorites!

Daddytomjm

Thank you, thank you thank you! This is one of my biggest pet peeves. When I enter the Haunted Mansion, I want to be told to drag my wretched carcas to the blood red carpet in the dead center of the room. Perky maids and butlers make me nuts. TOT does a much better job of CM's getting into character.

lebeau

The ToT operators are the best! My wife and I still talk about one CM we ran into (come to think of it, I think he may have been named Joshua). We had a bad experience in that the ride broke down and left us suspended in darkness for about 15 minutes. But he was just so good that we quickly forgot about the inconvenience and borderline panic and happily jumped right back on board. Whenever we talk about our best Disney experiences, he always comes up.

BodyProbe

Original Poster
Ahh yes TJ is great... he has been there since the ride opened I beleive... I actually remember him from one of my first visits when i was 15... had me sign the hotel registry at the Lobby... and I still see him when I visit now.. great stuff.

pat in the hat

Don't remember any names, but over the years, we have a lot of fun with the CM's of ToT! We have also had fun with Hook grabbing family members by the collar (with his hook, of course!) for pics! :lol:

Wilt Dasney

BodyProbe said:
Ahh yes TJ is great... he has been there since the ride opened I beleive... I actually remember him from one of my first visits when i was 15... had me sign the hotel registry at the Lobby... and I still see him when I visit now.. great stuff.

TJ has been taking the plunge since Day 1, in '94. He was, I believe, also part of the team that designed the theming for the ride, at least as far as the cast is concerned.

Mmmeredith

A couple years ago we had Haunted Mansion cast members who, as the vehicle was leaving, would periodically pop their heads in and make creepy noises. Good theming, but made me giggle.

I know this is a ToT and HM thread, but another good cast member was on Peter Pan. When parties got to the conveyor belt area, she teasingly crossed her arms and shook her head (very Peter Pan-esque) until it was time to go onto the belt. It was very impressive to see such good performance theming on Peter Pan.

CoffeeJedi

i was once showing a friend the "evil tower you are doomed" letters at the bottom of the directory case in the lobby (does everyone know what i mean?) when a bellhop rushed over and waved his hands in my face and exclaimed loudly, "there's NO NEED to look there sir! NOTHING to see!!!! MOVE ALONG" and glowered at us

it really added to the experience

artdude323

Traditionally, as ex-staff members of the DoomBuggies message board, we organized an event to go along with Disney's HHE event in Octiober each year.

Almost 2 years ago, after many many trips through the HM with our group T shirts identifying us, one cast member played along. She started out with the generic spiel, and when we all recited along in the Stretching Room (It was OK - everyone was with our group), she knew she was lost. When the doors opened, she just rolled her eyes and scowled "GET OUT".

Later in the evening, just before closing, she was still on duty, and 6 of us went back to squeeze in one more ride. She saw us come in, and when the same Stretch Room doors opened, she asked us to wait a minute. We waited, and when everyone else was gone, she asked us if we wanted to have some fun with her. Of course we agreed, having given her a hard time all night, and she said once the doors closed, to lay down on the floor of the room, and just stay there. We did, and watched the ceiling come back down, and when the show was reset, the other doors opened to the foyer and as usual, there were quite a few people waiting to get in.

Imagibne their surprise to see 6 people laying on the floor, as though they had been killed right there, and see the castmember scream and say "I had nothing to do with it!". By then, the doors closed, still with just us in the room, and we got our own trip back down to the doombuggy load.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I love the CM's at these two rides! I have noticed that the bellhops in the ToT loading area tend to be more "out-of-character" than the ones in the queue area.

"Please drag your wretched bodies into the dead center of the room...." I LOVE that line!!!

Last trip, I had to get a picture of 'evil tower u r doomed'. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, so I'll have to try again in October. Just another thing for my wife to call me "a freak" about. :lol:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
artdude323 said:
Traditionally, as ex-staff members of the DoomBuggies message board, we organized an event to go along with Disney's HHE event in Octiober each year.

Almost 2 years ago, after many many trips through the HM with our group T shirts identifying us, one cast member played along. She started out with the generic spiel, and when we all recited along in the Stretching Room (It was OK - everyone was with our group), she knew she was lost. When the doors opened, she just rolled her eyes and scowled "GET OUT".

Later in the evening, just before closing, she was still on duty, and 6 of us went back to squeeze in one more ride. She saw us come in, and when the same Stretch Room doors opened, she asked us to wait a minute. We waited, and when everyone else was gone, she asked us if we wanted to have some fun with her. Of course we agreed, having given her a hard time all night, and she said once the doors closed, to lay down on the floor of the room, and just stay there. We did, and watched the ceiling come back down, and when the show was reset, the other doors opened to the foyer and as usual, there were quite a few people waiting to get in.

Imagibne their surprise to see 6 people laying on the floor, as though they had been killed right there, and see the castmember scream and say "I had nothing to do with it!". By then, the doors closed, still with just us in the room, and we got our own trip back down to the doombuggy load.

That's an AWESOME story! :)

Not a very long, drawn out storie, but last x-mas time when I was at MVMCP me and my sister rode HM. We were going in stretching room. I know most of the words to the script so I saying them. Every now and the CM would stop and stare at me. Near the end of the script he stops, stares at me again, and say "you really have no life" in that creepy voice that they use. My sister laughed and thought it was quite funny.

DisneyRoxMySox

artdude323 said:

I LOVE THAT STORY! Bravo! :sohappy:

tomman710

I have seen Joshua the past two Decembers, he's a good sport, he really does try to make it fun for everyone and we give him a hard time but he takes it and never breaks character and I respect that. Good work and we always leave the ride smiling.

BodyProbe

Original Poster
DizMagic said:
A girl named Hannah is a great bellhop, just had her a couple days ago. Really creepy without over acting.

Hannah.. British Bellhop.. who actually is british as opposed to some of them that seem to use fake accents... i wish i could remember the name of the bellhop who was roaming sunset yelling about the luggage.. I haven't seen him over there in recent trips, perhaps he has transfered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom